What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2023:::::::

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hey brother, it's nice to see another grower that knows there's no short cuts to quality. Watering is often a very revealing truth about a growers passion and intent, standard of expected and or settled on quality.

To read all the scripture that was hand typed was a pure blessing. Thank you.

Which Blueberry do you use in your hybrid? Is it 50/50 or bx to a higher percentage. What you're doing is very interesting, I'll be following your work.
Peace farmerlion

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Farmerlion! Its good to be in God's word. God has a way of revealing His truth to His servents. Kind of a reset to the promises God spoke to Abraham, the good life God intended.

The watering is paying off. It is very rewarding watering well early on if it needs it. The plants are partial sun so whatever advantage I can give them helps them to grow up into better light conditions and start branching quicker. Its neat to watch them fill out!

In the DC x Blueberry, Icon used DJ Short Blueberry and I'm pretty sure the male pollen source was DC, but not for sure. I think its just a straight up F1 hybrid, which is telling by the way they are growing, super hybrid vigor!

When you cross 2 homozygous lines in the F1 first generation you get lots of hybrid vigor and can find some special phenotypes. If you recross the progeny (offspring) the F2 generation is where you can find some of the outlier keepers usually according to Tom Hill. I will be using the Sativa Candy Chunk Champion male and a couple others to cross with it this year.

Love the fruity part of the Sativa Candy Chunk so actually that will probably be a very promising hybrid. God's promise fulfilled. :smoke:

Deep Chunk x Blueberry
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Re-count the blessings of liberty, the freedom God gives, the perfect way He has made. :smoke:

Have a good Independence Day!

full

Psalm 40 NKJV​

Faith Persevering in Trial​

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.​

40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.

4 Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust,
And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5 Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered.

6 Sacrifice and offering You did not desire;
My ears You have opened.
Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.
7 Then I said, “Behold, I come;
In the scroll of the book it is written of me.
8 I delight to do Your will, O my God,
And Your law is within my heart.”

9 I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness
In the great assembly;
Indeed, I do not restrain my lips,
O Lord, You Yourself know.
10 I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart;
I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation;
I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth
From the great assembly.

11 Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O Lord;
Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.
12 For innumerable evils have surrounded me;
My iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of my head;
Therefore my heart fails me.

13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me;
O Lord, make haste to help me!
14 Let them be ashamed and brought to mutual confusion
Who seek to destroy my [a]life;
Let them be driven backward and brought to dishonor
Who wish me evil.
15 Let them be confounded because of their shame,
Who say to me, “Aha, aha!”

16 Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
Let such as love Your salvation say continually,
“The Lord be magnified!”
17 But I am poor and needy;
Yet the Lord thinks upon me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
Do not delay, O my God.

Philippians 3:12-21 NKJV​

Pressing Toward the Goal​

12 Not that I have already attained,[c] or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have [d]apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already [e]attained, let us walk by the same [f]rule, let us be of the same mind.

Our Citizenship in Heaven​

17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. 18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame—who set their mind on earthly things. 20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoking on some of the fruity refreshing Satica Candy Chunk. Can't get enough, but it has good potency though. :smoke:

Got several rounds of rain the past couple days so needed to go out to check on the plants before the next round of rain on the way. Foreceast for another 0.75-1.0 inch so we are getting a good deep watering! Glad to have the weekend off of watering.

Went out to check on the plot to make sure they were all still standing. There were a few on the edge laying down, and a few leaning a little, but the large majority were standing up well! Was glad to see that because we had a great day of sun and heat. The majority of the plants have got up to waist height. Seeing some branches forming and getting some structure going on the plants!

Will need to get out there tomorrow and make sure they are standing up again. Hopefully will find a bunch of males. I looked at the Champion Sativa Candy Chunk and it appears to be female, but it was too dark to see well. The other day it was not confirmed male.

Here's a night shot before another nice rain! :smoke: :smoke:

full

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Looks very nice Pipeline, fresh rain will do them good. I try and mist mine very heavy to build up a little strength from the water weight, or so I tell myself.
Peace farmerlion

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Farmerlion! Yeah the rain and the wind it just works to build stronger plants! God's perfect design, the bending of the stems stimulates lignin production and builds stronger cell walls. God strengthens us in just the same way.

I wouldn't mist them too often at this stage. At seedling stage and when rooting cuttings mist can be beneficial, but once they are mature plants it may be best just to water the soil in my opinion. The plants evaporate through the stomata and the loss of moisture through the leaves is what drives the mass flow in the plant moving water and nutrients form the root zone into the other areas of the plant to be used. Dont want to slow down mass flow by misting too often. Once a day in the morning would be good to simulate dew.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Psalm 46 NKJV​

God the Refuge of His People and Conqueror of the Nations​

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. A Song for Alamoth.​

46 God is our refuge and strength,
A[a] very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the [b]midst of the sea;
3 Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah

4 There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the [c]tabernacle of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be [d]moved;
God shall help her, just [e]at the break of dawn.
6 The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.

7 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

8 Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.

10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

11 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

A remnant of the Seed remains, God is with us! Worship now! Happy Independence Day!

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Collosians 1: 9-23 NKJV​

Preeminence of Christ​

9 For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and [c]conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption [d]through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or [e]principalities or [f]powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Reconciled in Christ​

19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to check the plot and select out some males. Had another thunderstorm with a potentially 40 mph wind gusts. Lets see how the plants did. I like to not use stakes as much as possible to help strengthen the plants stems. They can stand themself up. Wind moves and flexes the stems and strengthens the cell walls through increased lignin production.

Lignin has several essential roles in the plants to help protect them and allow them to grow more efficiently. :smoke:

"

4. Role of Lignin in Plant Lodging Resistance​

Lodging resistance can prevent plant stems from bending or breaking, it is one of the most important traits that affect crop growth and grain yield [63]. Numerous studies have shown that the lodging resistance of crops is related to plant height, biomass, stem diameter and the composition and characteristics of stem cell walls [64,65,66]. Lignin accumulation in cell wall significantly enhance the mechanical strength of plant stalks. It has important implications for crop lodging resistance [15].

5. Relationship between Lignin Biosynthesis and Plant Stress Adaptation​

Plant cell wall is the first barrier against external hazards, one of the general reactions of plants under biotic and abiotic stresses is the accumulation of reactive oxygen species, accompanied by an increase in lignin accumulation [19,75,76]. Therefore, lignin metabolism has a certain relevance with plant disease resistance, insect resistance, the tolerance of drought, salt, heat, cold, heavy metals and other stresses [19].

When plants are infected with pathogens, cell wall will accumulate a large amount of lignin, in which the content of H unit is relatively higher [84,85]. Increased accumulation of lignin can provide a basic barrier against pathogen spread and reduce the infiltration of fungal enzymes and toxins into plant cell walls; Lignin-related compounds may cause fungi to lose the activity of infecting the host and prevent pathogen multiplication and movement [78,86,87]. Mandal et al. [88] found that the content of lignin in pathogenic bacteria-resistant tomato varieties was obviously higher than that of susceptible cultivars. The expression of lignin biosynthesis gene is closely related to the disease resistance in plants. Arabidopsis CAD5 was highly expressed in roots with strong lignification and induced by pathogens invading Arabidopsis thaliana [45]. Cotton dirigent-like gene (DIR) was involved in the lignin deposition, overexpression of GhDIR1 significantly promoted the degree of lignification and enhanced Verticillium dahliae resistance in transgenic plants [89]. Two HCT genes were identified in maize and regulated plant disease resistance by binding to NLR Rpl protein, which enhanced the expression of lignin biosynthesis pathway gene and lignin accumulation [90]. Overexpression of rice 4CL gene OsAAE3 decreased lignin accumulation and increased sensitivity to rice blast and this may be related to the decrease of POD activity and expression of pathogen-related 1a (PR1) [37]. In maize, a CCoAOMT gene ZmCCoAOMT2 was found to be associated with resistance to multiple pathogens, might be involved in the biosynthesis of lignin and other phenylpropanoid metabolites and regulation of programmed cell death [38].

5.2. Role of Lignin Deposition in Plant Heavy Metal Tolerance​

As the first entry barrier for metal ion, cell wall is actively involved in the absorption and transport of heavy metals and the plant response to heavy metal stress [91,92]. Heavy metals stress can stimulate phenolic secondary metabolic synthesis pathway and increase the lignin content in secondary cell wall, thereby enhance the thickness of the cell wall. As lignin polymer contains a large number of functional groups (hydroxyl, carboxyl, methoxyl, etc.), it can bind multiple heavy metal ions (Cu2+, Cd2+, Pb2+, etc.) [93,94] and reduce the entry of heavy metals into the cytoplasm [95,96].

Lignin biosynthesis is also closely related to plant heavy metals absorption, transport and tolerance. The deposition of lignin in the cell wall of the root endoderm may inhibit the transport of heavy metal elements into the xylem or outward from the vascular bundle [106,107,108,109].

5.3. Role of Lignin in Plant Drought and Salt Stress Tolerance​

Extreme drought and high salt stress usually occur simultaneously and induce osmotic stress that causes plant cells to lose water or even die, significantly affecting plant growth and development and resulting in serious losses of crop yield [111,112]. Lignin can reduce plant cell wall water penetration and transpiration, which helps to maintain cell osmotic balance and protective membrane integrity [113].

5.4. Role of Lignin in Plant Temperature Stress Adaptability​

Climate change affects the temperature of plant growth environment, high temperature induces the damage of biomacromolecules such as protein and nucleic acid, exacerbates membrane lipid peroxidation and disturbs the normal plant metabolism [121,122]. In contrast, low temperature stress also causes cell membrane damage, reduces plant photosynthesis and respiration and severely inhibits plant growth and development [123]. The content of lignin in plant tissues was significantly increased in the process of cold acclimation, the expression of C3H gene in the cold acclimated Rhododendron leaves was notably higher than that in the control leaves, C3H may affect the cell wall rigidity and water permeability by modifying S/G ratio and participate in the Rhododendron cold resistance [124]. In addition, heat and low temperature conditioning (LTC) can reduce low temperature-induced lignification in loquat fruit, analysis showed that LTC downregulated the expression of a HSF gene EjHSF3, which was involved in fruit lignification via interacted with lignin biosynthetic regulator EjAP2-1 [43].

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CSI Humbolt interview part 1 has been posted by @Heavy Dayze to The Potcast Patreon.

At about the 39 minute mark, Heavy asks if there are any specific traits a male passes on. Kaleb said its real variable. He sent plants in to Phylos for testing the genetic stability in an S1 project, and was saying which male you choose is essential to what progeny turns out and the stability of the line.

My take away message is that it may be best to choose stable robust males, rather than use a mixture of a large number of males when trying to work a line to improve it and get a result that has stability. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looked at the rain gauge in the garden and there was 3 inches in there since thursday! No need to water this week! Been in an interesting pattern with lots of severe thunderstorms. The plants have been standing up surprisingly well. They got a good start and are rooted in deep, most of them are staying standing up and need no help! Had to use soil to prop up a few.

Looking for preflowers, but its still a few days from being able to see most of them. I got another male culled of the Early skunk x Lebs which showed early. They now have plenty of space to fill in! The big Uzbekistani is female! Also saw one or 2 of the big DC x Blueberry is female. Also the Champion Sativa Candy Chunk is pretty certain a male clear to see when light was good. Have a big DC x Las Vegas PurpleKush x Hindu Kush female.

Waiting patiently to get the males culled. More will show in the next few days with the sun and heat returning!

Have an update on the way :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PTK is doing great. One is about waist height, the others are shorter kind if being shaded somewhat by other plants. They are IBL so I should have expected slower growth. When males are removed they should get some light and hopefully get a chance.

Have to organize the garden better next time. Wondering if I even want to mess with growing Deep Chunk because its even slower from what I understand. I need hybrids that perform rather than focusing IBL preservation work. I don't really have enough light. Light is good once the plants get tall enough, so if they are slow growing, they may not perform as well.

Pine Tar Kush
full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Independence Day! Celebrating liberty by getting the update finished and will be getting some work done on the veggies today. So glad to live in a country with people who value freedom so much, they put it their entire livelihood on the line. Its an honorable legacy, lay down your life so you can take it again. With God's help, you can play a big role in helping others and make this a better place to live! God Bless America!

Going to smoke a bit more today to celebrate! I better get smoking, I only have a couple more months until the new harvest comes in, I need to sort through all this flower for good pheno seed to plant. I will get it done! :smoke:

Hopefully will find more preflowers today. Would be good to open things up. Several of the bigger plants were showing primordia a couple days ago, and they should more clear today. I cut my fingernails, and it was a mistake to do this time of year, because I am using that pinky nail to inspect preflowers. Oh well, I can make it work. Need to write that on the calender or something. Do not clip nails in July. :smoke:

full

Early Skunk x Lebanese

full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Deep Chunk x Blueberry

full

Sterling Skunk IBL-- few small ones looking for light, but they are on the edge so should still have good representation and produce seed :smoke:

full

Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush

full

Uzbekistani

full

Sativa Candy Chunk

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went out to scout for preflowers and got some males out. Forgot to get updates of a couple plants, they were buried in there but were easier to see once some of the males were out. Found another select male for pollination of Sativa Candy Chunk which is branchy with short internodes. Kind of excited about it because it fits the desired structure I'm looking for and those traits often are linked with the medical indica phenotypes.

While I was out there a pop-up thunderstorm showed up and showered on me a couple times. Was kind of caught out in the field under the trees at the garden, but it was a great time to relax and watch the rain fall and enjoy watching the plants get a little rain. It only amounted to about a tenth of an inch probably, but will give the plants a boost topping up soil moisture a little bit.

With several days of rain and some hot humid weather, a few of the plants are developing foliar disease. Seeing dark shiny spots that look wet and wilted. Its a water-speading foliar disease, I recognize it, but its a little worse than usual on a few of the lower leaves. Went through and removed the worst ones, and will be back to monitor in a couple days. The newer leave in the upper portion of the foliage is all untouched, which is what I usually see with this disease, but have to keep it in check by removing diseased tissues.

Removing some of the largest plants which were male helped open up the garden and should help reduce the disease. Looks a lot better though, the remaining plants have more room to grow now too!

Couple new views:

X-Mas Bud! Was missing this plant! Used to be very small! :smoke:

full

Paradise Cheese x Hindu Kush

full

Sativa Candy Chunk Champion Male #2

full

Sunset after getting rained on at the garden,--The abundant life of the Lord

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He talks about Sterling skunk and says it would be good to cross with DC. Will be crossing it with my Sativa candy Chunk this year! May hold some potential! :smoke:

Sterling Skunk

full

Sativa Candy Chunk Male

full

full

Sativa Candy Chunk Male #2

full
From CSI Humboldt Flower Pics Thread