What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2023:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys! Its neat seeing the canopy close in like that. The plants have certainly fattened up quick! They caught the wave this year! Checking for preflowers, want to start thinning plants as soon as possible so they can have enough room to grow with branching and not get too lanky. Thankfully I have pretty good vision and know the secret to determining sex as soon as the preflower primordia show. Look for the males, they are easiest to spot.

The male preflower is usually claw shaped and always has 2 distinct parts which separate if you scrape the preflower with your pinky fingernail. I always try to find 2 preflowers on each plant to confirm before culling.

Hoping the champion Sativa Candy Chunk is a male.

Its really not too much work, labor of love. I try to simplify and streamline wherever possible. Just used the chicken manure compost so it was fairly straight forward to fertilize. Just broadcast 3-5 lb fertilizer over the top with the shoulder sling spreader and its done. Goes very fast! :smoke:

Watering can be quite tedious manually putting down 75-100 gal water out of a watering can takes 3-5 hours because you have to do some weeding and give it time to let it soak in.

Inspections for males and mold are what takes the most time. But inspections are fun because it gives you a chance to get to know your plants. Cannabis is like people, like pets, they have character, they are all unique in some way! What I like to do is inspect trichome terpene profiles. End up with a brown nose smelling all the flowers! Go ahead, call me a brown-noser, thats the way I like it. :smoke:

Going to try to get the vegetable garden weeded and fertilized today. Have a couple days of rain on the way! Hot and 88F again today, going to try to water the cannabis flower plot tomorrow before the rain!

Paradise Cheese x Lebanese with doubly serrated leaf margin--refreshing stem rub on several of the Shiva seed plants! Reminds me of the herb my friend's dad used to grow!

full

full

full

Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush canopy

full

Early Skunk x Lebanese canopy :smoke: :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Garden is doing well and growing every day! Found a male it was the double serrated leaf Paradise Cheese x Lebanese sadly, so it was culled. Found a few more females, so looking optimistic. The plants will have a higher ratio of females usually if they are get a good start and have good growing conditions and are allowed to keep growing.

Found a Deep Chunk x Blueberry female, will show pic soon.

DC x Blueberry-- vigorous plants :smoke:
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Lester Beans! Yeah it has really worked out to become a great line! Sativa Candy Chunk cultivar has all the terpene profiles I need. I love it because I can switch phenotypes each pipe and keep tolerance low. Has a pheno for every occasion! Hoping to get some of the overly rip fruit sativa dominant ones out of the gene pool in the next couple years. There are a few differenty styles of indica, but the most potent ones have a fruity floral/ cherry/spice to them. Some are more piney and good medicine. Getting serious about smoke testing this year!

Looking to have seed selected and make some progress with the line for planting next year! Working toward a final production of the line. Trying to get it true breeding for just 2-3 phenotypes. :smoke:

Sativa Candy Chunk cv.
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Ephesians 4 NKJV​

Walk in Unity​

4 I, therefore, the prisoner [a]of the Lord, [b]beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, 3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in [c]you all.

Spiritual Gifts​

7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore He says:

“When He ascended on high,
He led captivity captive,
And gave gifts to men.”

9 (Now this, “He ascended”—what does it mean but that He also [d]first descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He who descended is also the One who ascended far above all the heavens, that He might fill all things.)

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the [e]edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.

The New Man​

17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as [f]the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

Do Not Grieve the Spirit​

25 Therefore, putting away lying, “Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give [g]place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary [h]edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, [i]clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Hamstring! Its pretty wonderful, this line has the racy sativa smoke in an indica body. A real blessing to have, I almost take it for granted. A lot of these hybrids people make can become less disirable over time according to The Potcast interviews. Using 2 males per year and a good number of females has allowed the line to maintain a natural amount of diversity to be able to prevent genetic bottle-necking, inbreeding depression, and mutation issues. Even when rouging out undesirable phenotypes the line still had enough diversity to move forward and preserve the genetics! :smoke:

Sterling Skunk IBL

full

Early Skunk x Lebanese

full

Early Skunk x Lebanese

full

Pine Tar Kush IBL--Made the mistake of putting this slower growing IBL behind the fast growing F1 hybrid DC x BB, so these are fighting for light. Hoping to find some males and bring in some light for these guys! Love what I'm seeing in the PTK!

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Psalm 119:105 NKJV

Your Word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

Happy Independence Day July4! Will be celebrating the next couple weeks. Freedom isn't free. The price has been paid, my living hope Jesus Christ. Liberty will never be served to you on a silver platter, you have to take it. Remember where you came from, who you are, and consider where you are going. The Living God, the King, our Redeemer is here. Believe in yourself, you have been equipped for every good work by God's Spirit. :smoke:

full

Pieces from Magnetic Aesthetic sculpture 2009 by Tre Reising

full

full

Sativa Candy Chunk Champion plant
full

SCC
full

SCC
full

SCC
full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uzbekistani IBL -- Looks like a great indica on par with DC which is what the reviews said, very good plant. Found lots of mutants, would be good for hybridizing with DC to reduce the inbreeding depression mutations.

full

Uzbekistani IBL
full

Uzbekistani IBL

full

Sativa Candy Chunk

full

Sativa Candy Chunk Champion plant--better view getting branchy :smoke:

full

Sativa Candy Chunk leaf-- accidently knocked off when weeding. Its cool though, now there's more light for the 2 slightly shorter SCC plants next to it. :smoke: :smoke:

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa Candy Chunk, that sounds wonderful .
I used to call it Sativa Candy Spice in the past, changed the name in the past couple years since it has so much influence from Deep Chunk and OG Kush. I will have to find the original pheno 2017 plant that started it all!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the story with Sativa Candy Chunk--

In 2017 I think I had planted all the seed I had, it was all in because there was major animal damage I think in 2016 and the older seed I had didn't germinate. The garden was relatively small, so I used all the males to get a better catch of the genetics. I was dating at the time so I quit the grow thread in 2017 part way though.

I can't remember exactly how it went, but I have the pictures showing 6 or 7 males so it did a good job at maintaining the line when making this specific phenotype choice I guess!!! Thats just how it worked out but I bet using a larger number of males was critical in allowing the line to move forward when selecting this plant as the desired phenotype. Had a few others mixed into the batch of seed for 2018 as well, but selections were made for this phenotype each year after 2017 with little issues with mutations or inbreeding depression! :smoke:

Still have to dig through all the 2017 pics, here are a couple of the super potent original Sativa Candy Chunk 'Cherry' phenotype from early to mid flowering phase. Note the purple leaf petiole, stem had purple stripes. Seeds were uniquely black which is a linked trait with this pheno. :smoke:

full

full

full

SCC 'Cherry' is on the Right side in the front

full

Do you like that? :smoke: :smoke: Its a good one! Thank you God! :smoke:
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a new watering can with reach. It works well to get between the plants to the soil and helps get some distance without straining. Need to get a little bigger one of these though. I always use the old fashioned metal can that is about 2-3 gal and the leaves always sag out of the way to be able to water when the plants are really dense so these aren't absolutely necessary.

1687717191174.png

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting ready to thunderstorm pretty good, may get a couple rounds but they will be quick moving storms. Glad I'm not out there watering right now. Should be dry enough by the time I get the water loaded to get the truck back there.

Glad Im not out trying to water with thunderstorms! Could get tornadoes today! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good thunderstorm here praise God. Had to wrap up the dauschund, she is scared of storms. My little weather station. I think the herb garden Got some rain, but not as much so I should be able go out and water, I have a rain guage out there at the vegies.

Just got 3/4 inch hail, thankfully not at the herb plot. Going to water in a few. Prewetted for me with probably a quarter inch. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We did get the hail! Some light to moderate damage, but its not too bad. There were a few shot holes in the leaves, some broken leaf petioles, and a couple damaged growing points. Watered again, so they shouldn't miss a beat. The rain helped to prewet the garden and the water soaked in much better.

Saw a bald eagle and a turkey on the way out there. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We got a little rain about 1/3 inch with hail Sunday morning, and I waited until afternoon, but it was still a little moist on the surface of the field. Got loaded up with 100+ gallons of water and went toward the garden. The short way to the garden around the field has an uphill part, and as I was going around the field, I found out my 4 wheel drive wasn't going into gear anymore. I knew it could be wet on this hill, and sure enough started to peel out and wasn't able to go up. So carefully got turned around and went the other way around the field.

Was cool because I saw a Bald Eagle, the national bird or America swooping around the field and it perched in a tree near where I was trying to go up. Then as I was driving around the field, a turkey came out of the woods and ran around the field with its tail fanned out, and I followed it all the way to the back of the field where it disappeared.

Had to get out and move a couple logs, but made it to the garden just fine. Was a nice little scenic drive, a little adventure.

Got the garden watered in well. Most of the plants stayed standing up, but a few in the back corner where they are closely planted fell over because they are tall and have a little less lateral roots. Stood them back up after watering by gently pulling the stem up and in the desired direction and settled the base of the plant with a little piece of soil to prop it up.

Monday was windy so went back to make sure they were standing, I was a little rough on them in the process and accidently broke some fans, but its within a threshold. The plants were perked up after watering and were still pushing growth.

Plants got a little war paint mud on them in the process of watering, but was able to get them cleaned up a little Monday. Plants are growing well and almost to the top of the fence! Tallest are waist height, most are around pocket height. Here's a couple more views from Monday.

full

full

full

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got some high winds with a thunderstorm front today, but it wasn't quite as bad at the garden as it was in other areas of the county. We had about 40 mph wind at the garden instead of 70 mph with the storm front.

The plants were mostly standing up, only a few were leaning. No tree limb damage thankfully, although one fell near the garden while I was there. Stood the plants up by gently pulling up and to the side and then lightly settling in the soil around them. A few needed a piece of soil to keep them standing.

Found 3 male Early Skunk x Lebanese, so those got culled which gives the selected female Early Skunk x Lebanese that much more room early on in the season! So those should yield well and have good quality flower!

Also have good news the Champion Sativa Candy Chunk looks like a male! That is what I've been doing when selecting males in the past, I like to choose more vigorous branchy males to improve the line.

Picture from Monday, Plants have growin in the past few days and most are at waist height in the good light part of the garden!

full

Champion Sativa Candy Chunk male
full