What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

SocalNugz

Let me just say I had what everyone would piff back in 2008.
I found it in a commonly available strain but at the time I was new to growing and did not know what I had.

I grew it out and smoked it, it was epic. At the time I did not clone anything so it was a one run and done. I did not know what I had until it w as too late , but believe me not a day goes by that I dont kick myself for not cloning that plant.

It was my all time favorite plant I have been on a non stop hunt to find it again but I have not found it. It is a very rare pheno found in more than one strain it is not impossible to find there has been a few people over the years that gave found one in seeds too.

For all of you wanting to know where to find it I will say start researching it's there right under your noses but it won't come without a pheno hunt.

So its right under our noses but youve been searching non stop for years an not found it?
Im confused.
Maybe you an i have a different idea of what "right under our noses "means?
In my book that means little to no search not search for years an find nothin....
Anyways if you guys check out that other thread it seems that it shoildnt have to take years chimera crossed it with the jack. That should make it a tiny bit less elusive.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
socalnugz if you read the thread you'll see many of us have grown out the chi frankie's and they are not what we're looking for.

puday and chi's lady seem to be the only ones who found anything even resembling piff.

i've hunted though lots of haze varieties for the record. SLH, SSSDH, n.haze, nl5xn.haze, punto rojo x afghani, kali mist, frankie's, sk1 x haze, etc. etc.

there's plenty of other great haze profiles out there. but none of them satisfy the hunt for piff. it is very unique and very distinct. it's either on the nose or not even close IMO.

next up: mango haze.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
So its right under our noses but youve been searching non stop for years an not found it?
Im confused.
Maybe you an i have a different idea of what "right under our noses "means?

You stand in a grassy field, in that field there is a 4 leaf clover, its right under your nose but that does not mean it's easy to find.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Anyways if you guys check out that other thread it seems that it shoildnt have to take years chimera crossed it with the jack. That should make it a tiny bit less elusive.

I guess you mean what say when you say you don't want to do any research if you had looked at even a few pages of that thread you'd know not a single person found piff.

And this is the main reason why I am not more forthcoming with information, everyone wants something for nothing they want you to find it and give it to them, so sad.

R.A.W

Hm has anyone that has smoked the Piff grown Titans Haze? It smells like Northern African Frankincense resin while growing. Kind of like the smell you get when holding a lighter under the incense resin and it starts to bubble. Pretty low odour while growing but stinks of catpiss,ammonia and with something else in there. A little bit of microscopic sweetnes that's not present on the inhale. When smoking it smells like incense. No not like stick incense, but the kind you put on coal.

SocalNugz

I guess you mean what say when you say you don't want to do any research if you had looked at even a few pages of that thread you'd know not a single person found piff.

And this is the main reason why I am not more forthcoming with information, everyone wants something for nothing they want you to find it and give it to them, so sad.

No i mean exactly what i said.
To say something is right under ones nose implies its right in front of you, easy to find. Then you say youve been looking for years.... it cant be both.
How did this become about me not doin work? Dude i was just tryin to help out because i remembered the thread with this same discussion pretty much. Im not on the hunt just tryin to help others connect dots an hopin that helps them.
And yes i did read the thread, not the whole thing but enough to see some people reported positive results.
Not sure why your mad about sharing a lil information. That is kinda why were here isnt it?

TheDank23

Veteran
Supposedly had it years ago, its right under our noses and yet here you are still searching for it..... 8 years later.... LOL

You sir, are an oxyMORON

:biggrin:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Sounds like you didn't read the thread, try starting with the first post....[/QUOTE

I've read it front to back you know as well as I do that there's no piff in those seeds.

We've had this discussion you banned me from your forum let's not bring out the dead horse it's been beaten enough.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Supposedly had it years ago, its right under our noses and yet here you are still searching for it..... 8 years later.... LOL

You sir, are an oxyMORON

:biggrin:

I was quite clear when I said it is a very rare pheno, I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Big City

First of all, and this hasn't been stressed enough:

Piff is a corny outdated term to describe generic uptown haze. It's mid-2000's harlem slang. It doesn't describe a specific strain. So, let's put it in the trash bin with other lame words like "ballin". Let's call it what it was - Uptown Haze.

To see people saying this and that about the "piff" strain means you don't know what "piff" really is - or what it was.

Now - There was several different kinds of Haze around the city over the last twenty years. They are ALL hybrids, and not pure Haze. The best of it was late 90's - early 2000's. It was probably an NL x Haze or SK x Haze hybrid (or polyhybrid). Before the word piff even existed.

If you were around or you know anything about Haze before 2003, then you know one thing - the best haze was incense and cat piss! The smoke is exactly how others have described - leaves the room smelling like a church. The buds themselves are more pissy than incense sticks.

TheDank23

Veteran
I was quite clear when I said it is a very rare pheno, I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

To say with 100% conviction/certainty that what we know as uptown haze, frankies, or piff is a very rare pheno in a few lines with no evidence is well, a bold claim to say the least. One way to go about providing evidence to support such a claim would be to follow the scientific method i.e. question, research, hypothesis, EXPERIMENT... say by starting a thread and sendin it on a pheno hunt? Where's your proof, if any?

Albeit you'd rather snicker like you know something we don't, here we are 8 years later and you ain't got no piff homie. :biggrin:

Argumentum ad ignorantiam

My reading comprehension is not in question....

:ying:

Last edited:

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I've read it front to back you know as well as I do that there's no piff in those seeds.

That's complete bullshit, there are a bunch of folks that have found incensey plants from these seeds. Can I ask how many you have grown to come to that expert definitive conclusion? Please provide pics of your selection proving that no incense plants are present.

We've had this discussion you banned me from your forum let's not bring out the dead horse it's been beaten enough.

Seems to me you posted in my forum just yesterday in the highland mexican thread; I guess that's another false statement of yours out the window? Or am I imagining things?

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Y
That's complete bullshit, there are a bunch of folks that have found incensey plants from these seeds. Can I ask how many you have grown to come to that expert definitive conclusion? Please provide pics of your selection proving that no incense plants are present.

Seems to me you posted in my forum just yesterday in the highland mexican thread; I guess that's another false statement of yours out the window? Or am I imagining things?

I could resend you the pm hoss. I posted there because I just don't care.

As for the incense, just because something smells like incense does does mean it's frankinscence like the name implies. There are hundreds of types of incense to say something smells like incense is a very vague statement.

No one has found frankinscense and that's what everyone is looking for. The name is a total play on words meant to be deceptive. But like I said I've been down this road with you I have no interest in beating this dead horse. I have nothing to prove, I think it's pretty apparent that the franks no incense haze is a waste of time.

^ If it is such a rare and difficult pheno to find even if you do out the genetics it will take people a lot of work/time to find it right? Whats the harm in outing it? More good Haze in the world?....Congrats on finding it yourself if what you claim is true, sure it wasn't easy.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
^ If it is such a rare and difficult pheno to find even if you do out the genetics it will take people a lot of work/time to find it right? Whats the harm in outing it? More good Haze in the world?....Congrats on finding it yourself if what you claim is true, sure it wasn't easy.

See the post above its people like that why certain things are kept under wraps.

The way things have gone in the last few years it's not worth making other peoples work easier. Like I said for anyone that really wanted to know there is volumes to read on the subject pick up the leads and get to work.

Fwiw when I found it myself it was purely accidental it wasn't something I ever went looking for. The way most great things are found, when you least expect them.

^Def understand why certain things are kept under wraps my friend, people have an "idea" of where to look , just haven't seen anyone claim like you that they know "exactly" where to look , apologize for being interested in one of the more memorable strains i've ever had. Peace brother.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Alright, I'm calling it - You're full of shit. Put up or shut up - Anybody can pretend to know something, but nobody cares unless you can actually deliver.
Lol

You guys are the ones whipping it up in a tizzy. One thing you need to know about me is I don't lie, I may not tell everything I know but lie I do not.

Nor do I really care what random ppl on the Internet think about me. Sorry bud the day I tell will some random stranger will be the day I find it again.

Latest posts

Latest posts