What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

K

kopite

If you are talking about Chimeras new "Jack" lines there is no Jack Herer in it at all. The "Jack" name refers to an old friend of Chi called jack, not JH.

Get your facts right! as it certainly does contain Jack Herrer in it!!!

Flash forward 3 months, and the Jack was full seeded an harvested. The following generation was Jack Herrer X NL; I contacted Pat and said it was time to meet Jacques and get the beans growing for the selection.

the line Chi had from Jacques was a JH and he crossed it to his NL line that was used years ago in the Frostbite, Aurora lines etc.....

rhinoman 1

Hey Karma, the soapy is the discription of the piff at least that's what most of the people who have smoked it have said in this thread. It is definitely not a pure haze. As far as the a5 goes weres the emperor pheno?

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Maybe intresting last 2 pages here at the A5hazeBX1 test thread by artiritus sucks

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=308193&page=15

Looks similar to some of the Nevs Haze I grew outdoors a little while back. Those fence boards on the left in the pic are 6' with another 2' of concrete underneath them.

picture.php

Shorter and fatter Nev's Haze sister....

picture.php

End of October 2014....they didn't finish for another month after this pic was taken....

picture.php

BTW, I grew Chim's Franks Haze and I would classify the plants I ended up with as heavy NL leaning....just like most "hazes" on the market these days.

HB.

Last edited:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Hey Karma, the soapy is the discription of the piff at least that's what most of the people who have smoked it have said in this thread. It is definitely not a pure haze. As far as the a5 goes weres the emperor pheno?

Oke i miss understood. Thought you ment the a5hz was soapy. My bad.

Emperor pheno ? I think he called one of the Jack O Hazia.s that name, not the A5hz bx.

Ps Jack O Hazia is Jack O Nesia X WhiteA5haze somthing you cant call haze but a sativa dominant hybrid.

Limeygreen

Veteran
I have had Jamaican pearl that a friend grew outdoors that had that soapy taste and smell to the smoke, a soapy sandlewood, just curious if there was certain varieties that may posses this characteristic that might contribute to the piff.

Croissant

mr. Humphrey how many frankie-insense haze seeds did you go through and did any Frankie insence haze have any frankensence notes in the weed or smoke?

maybe its a phenol hunt thing? idk maybe I just want to believe.

bigherb

Veteran
Window, the females I ended up with weren't huge stretchers, at least outdoors. I think they started flowering at around 3-4' outdoors from seed. They're fairly easy to grow compared to the other haze hybrids I've grown. Hope that helps.

As for smoking before a proper cure, I guess that's a personal thing. I have some Nev's Haze that I don't really share that has been sitting in a jar for a year and I think it's actually gotten better over time. It's all about how you store it, imho. I find that some strains are indeed better after drying and not curing, but most of the sativa dominant strains I've grown get better with a good cure on them. Again, this is just my experience.

So, yesterday I decided that I'd give the Frank's Haze a smoke test.

I looked around and found that I was out of my favorite papers, so I used what I had available.

I trimmed up a nice sample and rolled it up...

View Image

View Image

View Image

Let me get this out of the way. First off, as far as I know, I've never smoked "Piff" or NYC Haze or whatever, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I've grown and smoked lots of other haze hybrids in the past and this one reminds me of some of the other hazes (SSH comes to mind) I've grown but I didn't find a frankincense pheno in either of the two plants I ended up with. I've found plants that smell like incense when burned (a couple Nev's Haze I grew last year, for example), but these plants weren't like that.

Upon breaking up, the buds have that sharp haze/nl smell I've seen before in other lines, but it's not as fruity as say a Mango Haze or Super Lemon Haze. The smoke on this sample was pretty heavy and had that similar NL/slight skunk taste that I've found in other haze hybrids. While the taste and smell didn't stand out much, the high was very enjoyable.

Regarding that, the high doesn't come on right away. In fact, it took a good 8-10 minutes before I realized I was starting to lift off. I love the creeper effect of this weed. My eyes felt a slight pressure behind them and then 15 minutes later, I couldn't sit still and had to get up and do some house cleaning, lol. When I was done vacuuming the living room, washing some dishes and cleaning the stove, I tried to sit down again and noticed that only about 30 minutes had passed. Which brings me to my next point.

Time seems to slow down a bit while on this stuff. It's fairly easy to focus on something and get lost in doing it or thinking that you're spending more time doing whatever than you actually are. While it's not the frankincense, the potency is definitely there.

Still not wanting to stay seated, I went out to walk the dog and dry my clothes at the laundromat. I took another couple puffs before leaving the house, of course. Before I walked the dog, I dropped my clothes off at the laundry. I then walked a mile or so to the park when I realized that I had accidently left my laundry basket behind instead of stowing it in the truck, lol. Thankfully, it's such a piece of shit basket, no one decided to take it home with them.

I was high a good 2 hours, I think. Those last two hits I took before leaving the house made the high more muddled than it had been before. The good news is: this herb lets you down gracefully. No yawning or anything like that. Would I grow it again? Yes, of course. I love Chimera's work. Would I recommend it to my fellow haze lovers? Of course. I would just advise that you grow more seeds than I did so you can have a better chance at that Frankincense pheno!

So, to recap...

Appearance: Nice trich coverage with somewhat tight nuggetry.

Smells: Sharp "haze" smell pre smoke. If you've grown enough haze hybrids, you know the smell.

Smell while smoking: It smells "heavy" just like the smoke.Nothing really stands out...not to me at least. Reminds me of an NL dominant sativa hybrid.

High: Decent potency. I'd give it a 7.5 or so out of 10 (with 10 being ideal).

HB.

mr. Humphrey how many frankie-insense haze seeds did you go through and did any Frankie insence haze have any frankensence notes in the weed or smoke?

I've mentioned this in reguard to another senior member who you choose to speak for , who edited his post an lied again on motaco. Soo he lied 3 times (what makes a haze or what is Haze ), what's the difference in questions ?

You have been around long enough. It was as simple as going to Hemphrey bogart's latest post . Just a few post back . You also could have searched the Frankies incense haze thread

I'm serious when it comes to something of importance to me . Respect is a big thing where I'm from . Little things like spelling a mans name correct mean something

1luvbigherb

Croissant

well, I am wondering how many seeds he went through. If you want to take offence to spelling wrong that is on you it wasn't a planned out thing and upon closer inspection I realize he changed the spelling as a kind of word play on "hemp". I have heard of the name Humphrey bogart but I don't know from where so I am not even aware enough of the cultural reference to automatically pick up on word plays off of it and remember all that nuance. Anyway I read post that already and probably spaced it out as like I said "I want to believe."

You are holding me to standards not based on ethics but your own personal standards you hold yourself to give everyone a break mang.. including yourself!

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran

I dropped 6 seeds and ended up with two pretty uniform looking females. I haven't gotten any incense smells from the smoke on either plant.

That said, you could be right about the pheno hunting thing. You might have to pop a whole pack or 3 to find what is in the breeder's description.

It's not a bad smoke. I've grown much much worse weed in the past, lol.

After blazing a fat one, this Nev's Haze has that "fill the room full of incense" type of thing going on. The smell lingers for a while, which is nice. The smoke/taste is also sharper and more metallic than the Frank's haze...which is more sweet, imho.

picture.php

HB.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
We are seeing a good thread deteriorate. This always happens to good threads, they get filled up with irrelevant junk which makes any good info get list in a sea of shit.

bigherb

Veteran
well, I am wondering how many seeds he went through. If you want to take offence to spelling wrong that is on you it wasn't a planned out thing and upon closer inspection I realize he changed the spelling as a kind of word play on "hemp". I have heard of the name Humphrey bogart but I don't know from where so I am not even aware enough of the cultural reference to automatically pick up on word plays off of it and remember all that nuance. Anyway I read post that already and probably spaced it out as like I said "I want to believe."

You are holding me to standards not based on ethics but your own personal standards you hold yourself to give everyone a break mang.. including yourself!

I was offended by circadian clock , for his comments , repeated post and lies . I was bothered you stuck up for him after I point this out

Me holding you to standard was calling you out on your senior status you should know how to find what your looking for . I called you out for being lazy . Also for standing up for a liar who was also to lazy to do research .

IC has ethics maybe your not familiar with the posting guidelines . Duplicate post and trolling two things which CC was doing

Let's get back to the topic

Lesnah

I dropped 6 seeds and ended up with two pretty uniform looking females. I haven't gotten any incense smells from the smoke on either plant.

That said, you could be right about the pheno hunting thing. You might have to pop a whole pack or 3 to find what is in the breeder's description.

It's not a bad smoke. I've grown much much worse weed in the past, lol.

After blazing a fat one, this Nev's Haze has that "fill the room full of incense" type of thing going on. The smell lingers for a while, which is nice. The smoke/taste is also sharper and more metallic than the Frank's haze...which is more sweet, imho.

View Image

HB.

^ that looks very, very, verrryyyy similar to what I copped the other day....and there goes that "Metallic" or I don't know what else to call it reference again. Ppl always says Nev's Haze/Mango Haze is the closest they've smoked to the piff....I'm going to throw in the towel and just assume its a selection on one of the first batches of Dutch hazes.

bigherb

Veteran
Thanks to all those who have contributed to this thread

Someone gave this to me i forget who they said it was grown outdoors in NYC

This is Some Nevilles Haze the Hazier pheno i was told she finished 10/30

This is Straight incense a heavy sandlewood with pine the nose is the same as the taste .The flavors have been present in all 4 Nevilles haze phenos ive ever experienced .The taste is heavy incense lips smackin taste that lingers on your mouth an in the room

1luvbigherb

As for the comparsions of punto rojo to NH it is more reminescent while growin than dried .But there have been pics posted here from an old thread which had a NL pheno and a Wild stacked calyxes pheno growin in a pot in spain or colombia maybe 3 diff phenos .An older poster who doesnt post anymore . I cant find the thread but i can recall those pics clear as day ,The thread was only 3 page or soo

I think these pics give a better look she is very airy with lil foxtails calyx just but out every where .Amazing Smoke which im thankful to Both Sams an Nevil for but most of all G who is the originator of OHaze

^ that looks very, very, verrryyyy similar to what I copped the other day....and there goes that "Metallic" or I don't know what else to call it reference again. Ppl always says Nev's Haze/Mango Haze is the closest they've smoked to the piff....I'm going to throw in the towel and just assume its a selection on one of the first batches of Dutch hazes.

A few quotes above from My Q for SamS on OHaze thread, post 1293 and few post after show pics of NH very similar to NYC Haze IME it's the closest strain I've ever experienced to our uptown Hazes .Four phenos I've experienced all NYC Haze like

Sorry on my phone I can't post pics

1luvbigherb

Croissant

do you guys think the NH might cause paranioa and anxiety in many?

is the NH racy ... what she smoke like for you guys?

bigherb

Veteran
do you guys think the NH might cause paranioa and anxiety in many?

is the NH racy ... what she smoke like for you guys?

It depends if your prone to paranoia it will induce it

Racy I wouldn't use that description , I'd say Sk/Hz was more racy . But it can increase heart rate

NH for me brings a heightened sense of awareness / thought provoking Powerful herb but uplifting not dehibilitating or heavy /It's motivating but can have you stuck at the same time like floating / dreamy . Euphoric and Long lasting both must be mentioned

1luvbigherb

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
NH is next on deck for me, I have Mango Haze and SSH in veg now, I've got some Nevilles Haze Mango anf NL 5 x Hz in the fridge too. Im going balls to the wall with haze in 2016, looking for a good pheno.

circadian clock

what am I lying about? nothing. bigherb why do u think I know nothing about haze. cuz I asked what your uptown smells and taste like. important word YOUR.

Last edited: