What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

Lesnah

r u guys kiddin me? pine wintergreen metallic taste, wtf r u smoking? not haze with those descriptions

Guess my choice of words doesn't make sense, but I'm not an expert on terpene identification. That said, what I smoked was the SAME SHIT I GREW UP ON FROM THE 90's, nuff said. I'm just glad its the actual puray and not another sativa dominant hybrid passed off as "Uptown Haze". Because for a while this shit was becoming scarce even in Manhattan, NY.

I guess my point is, that if its still available maybe one day a seed will pop up or one of the very few who have this strain might release some beans(doubt it but never know). In the meantime, I can at least cop some, which is the only weed I'll actually pay for or smoke outside of what I myself grow.

If you're so familiar with the taste/smell of Puray how about you give us a detailed terpene profile? Not just pointing to the "Frankincense" incense...

As for Chimera's Frank's Incense Haze, maybe ppl just need to grow more specimens to find the piff pheno if it is really piff. I doubt the man tried to con his customers, for all we know he himself could've been conned by his source as well. The description doesn't claim to have Uptown Haze, just superior genetics from NY bagseeds.

bigherb

Veteran
HidingInTheHaze

Frank's incense haze is cunning wording to be misleading.

Let's break it down, a guy named frank gave chi mystery seeds from a bag that "smelled like incense" which he bred to some northern lights mystery plant . Now never was this FIH ever referred to as piff, Frankie etc.or ever been said to smell lIke frankinscence..
It is just weed from a guy named frank that might have smelled incensey meant to trick the seed buyer into thinking it is frankincense smelling haze.

Not once have I even seen anyone report getting an incense smelling plant much less frank

Conincidentally puday the guy that made all of these bold claims about FIH has not posted since posting his original shill thread.

Where did you get the info of Nyc Haze bagseed crossed to NL . First I've heard of that .

He wasn't just a guy he was a friend who sold weight . Correct no mention of frankincense . As description suggest clearly I don't believe meant to trick ,The finest Incense when burned

Incense from NYC Haze was all I was hoping for really

It doesn't seem to me you have read or can recall chimeras Frankies incense Haze Description which if I recall correct was the same at hemp depot as it was at the boo .

Frankie’s Incense Haze X Jack - These seeds were passed to us by a broker friend in NYC who shares our obsessive pursuit of the finest cannabis anywhere. He would collect seeds from the finest bags of pot he would acquire in the high-end NYC cannabis market, and send them to us periodically if the flowers were truly outstanding. In screening the Frankie’s Incense Haze seed line, we came across a Haze representative that had all the desirable qualities a Haze should possess, the smaller, thinner resin spangled flowers with a floral perfume/citrus nose that leaves an enticing scent reminiscent of the finest incense when burned. The experience is an energetic, clear minded cerebral effect that leaves user with the ability to function during the day, yet stay medicated and pain free. Truly exoti
c cannabis

No piffy phenols for me, I still have another pack to run thru.
All very herer Dom, which isn't a bad hing IMO.
Jack herer is a very underrated strain, not too many folks run this line anymore.
The smoke was good, but nothing like I was searching for.

Still to this day, the closest thing I've ever had is still Roasted O's mango haze.

Your info is appreciated if I recall your quite familiar with NYC Haze

If we want jack there are several options out there . Also as Chimera commented in the most detailed description/ story of a strain ever . The JH has been heavily worked by his friend who stock he obtained

I have 2 packs sitting. Ive seen hemprehy bogart outdoor grow . IMO Sativas / sat hybrids express more of there NLD wild Traits more soo outdoors . Only 2 maybe 3 plants he has shown but far from Hazey far from NYC Haze bagseed

Any NYC Haze head knows how hard it is to find seeds in your Haze . In many pounds in my life time Ive come across less than the fingers I have . But I must say ive seen 2 seeds grown outdoor . They both looked very similar to A5 / NH / oaxacan . Wild very vigorous plants with foxtails , Wild calyxes , large colas

1luvbigherb

T

thesloppy

Yeah, I dunno how anybody on this forum could claim ignorance of the hype/demand surrounding Frankie's/Piff, and/or that something called "Frank's Incense Haze" would obviously be expected to be related. I almost bought a pack myself under those pretenses (prevented thankfully, only by the bou's Byzantine ordering process) and regardless of intentions I would expect nearly every pack sold was under those same expectations.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
how many did you grow Ready4? Barletta also stated what he was calling uptown isn't haze.

Whoa that's disingenuous at best.

I speculated that the bags off the block may not be directly related to Skunkman/haze bros stock, but instead thought that since MAYBE dominicans & cubans ran the weed, they would have sourced their own killer plant outside of the hippie/surfer collections.

How many have you grown circadian?

bigherb

Veteran
Guess my choice of words doesn't make sense, but I'm not an expert on terpene identification. That said, what I smoked was the SAME SHIT I GREW UP ON FROM THE 90's, nuff said. I'm just glad its the actual puray and not another sativa dominant hybrid passed off as "Uptown Haze". Because for a while this shit was becoming scarce even in Manhattan, NY.

I guess my point is, that if its still available maybe one day a seed will pop up or one of the very few who have this strain might release some beans(doubt it but never know). In the meantime, I can at least cop some, which is the only weed I'll actually pay for or smoke outside of what I myself grow.

If you're so familiar with the taste/smell of Puray how about you give us a detailed terpene profile? Not just pointing to the "Frankincense" incense...

As for Chimera's Frank's Incense Haze, maybe ppl just need to grow more specimens to find the piff pheno if it is really piff. I doubt the man tried to con his customers, for all we know he himself could've been conned by his source as well. The description doesn't claim to have Uptown Haze, just superior genetics from NY bagseeds.

Your description is familiar not church not frank but a NYC Haze select

This is someone I highly respect who is very familiar with Mns Haze hybrids . I was amazed at the time to see so many traits I was familiar with ,it was as if we had smoked together but I never met him

Quote from Unc L33t below sorry posting from my phone

Old 01-08-2009, 04:35 PM

Regarding Haze aromas ,
from my experiences with mrnice haze hybrids I 'd say the mrNice hazes give aromas that include :
incense/catpiss/spicy/peppery/pine/floral/carrot/fruity/citrus/metallic/fuel/paint/thinner/glue , I ve seen people also mention sandalwood and cardamon.

I would take a guess and say that Haze C is responsible for the catpiss aroma , a smell which I found to be more common with SSH which has only Haze C in the makeup unlike MH and NH. I also think HzC is more Thai leaning than HazeA and than the female pure Haze , cause SSH's leaves resembled Thais , thin and huge/long blades , some of the longest/biggest sat leaves I ve seen , at least in comparison to the rest MNS Hazes or to most hybrids and pure sats I ve grown/seen. Also other MNS HazeC hybrids seem to have Thai looking phenos which makes me think of that.
Regarding the Haze peppery smell I had asked Shanti about the Nevs , specifically why the ones I had sampled before I grew it where more peppery (more spicy / less incence like) and if I remember correctly, he had said that the peppery smell comes from the mother ( NL#5 x Haze A ) and so the NH samples I had tried before must have been more close to the mom . Regarding the female pure Haze from La Nina that was responsible for the fuel scent of the Hazy pheno I had grown , If not mistaken again , when sampled by Shanti he had mentioned that the smell is like its mom , and it was similar to Acapulco/Mexican .
I had fuely MangoHaze plants as well as peppery ones but most were more on the sweet side of things (but its 50%haze so the sweetness could bve due to SK), the Neville's I grew was quite spicy/ bit fuely and very incence like. MH had many different Haze smells (speaking about the Haze dominant phenos) , my Hazy LaNina was very fuely/paint solvent vapor like , bit fruity-sweet too.

To conclude with , I wouldnt really say that the Haze aromas from MNS were fruity or citrus like (though there were undertones) , they were more like incence & catpiss like and quite fuely in general.

circadian clock

nah man not hating at all. was just wondering how many different freaking hazes there selling. its not like this is an IBL release. sorry but I don't have to grow this cross, although that does sound like a good idea.

Last edited:

Lesnah

Your description is familiar not church not frank but a NYC Haze select

This is someone I highly respect who is very familiar with Mns Haze hybrids . I was amazed at the time to see so many traits I was familiar with ,it was as if we had smoked together but I never met him

Quote from Unc L33t below sorry posting from my phone

Old 01-08-2009, 04:35 PM

Regarding Haze aromas ,
from my experiences with mrnice haze hybrids I 'd say the mrNice hazes give aromas that include :
incense/catpiss/spicy/peppery/pine/floral/carrot/fruity/citrus/metallic/fuel/paint/thinner/glue , I ve seen people also mention sandalwood and cardamon.

I would take a guess and say that Haze C is responsible for the catpiss aroma , a smell which I found to be more common with SSH which has only Haze C in the makeup unlike MH and NH. I also think HzC is more Thai leaning than HazeA and than the female pure Haze , cause SSH's leaves resembled Thais , thin and huge/long blades , some of the longest/biggest sat leaves I ve seen , at least in comparison to the rest MNS Hazes or to most hybrids and pure sats I ve grown/seen. Also other MNS HazeC hybrids seem to have Thai looking phenos which makes me think of that.
Regarding the Haze peppery smell I had asked Shanti about the Nevs , specifically why the ones I had sampled before I grew it where more peppery (more spicy / less incence like) and if I remember correctly, he had said that the peppery smell comes from the mother ( NL#5 x Haze A ) and so the NH samples I had tried before must have been more close to the mom . Regarding the female pure Haze from La Nina that was responsible for the fuel scent of the Hazy pheno I had grown , If not mistaken again , when sampled by Shanti he had mentioned that the smell is like its mom , and it was similar to Acapulco/Mexican .
I had fuely MangoHaze plants as well as peppery ones but most were more on the sweet side of things (but its 50%haze so the sweetness could bve due to SK), the Neville's I grew was quite spicy/ bit fuely and very incence like. MH had many different Haze smells (speaking about the Haze dominant phenos) , my Hazy LaNina was very fuely/paint solvent vapor like , bit fruity-sweet too.

To conclude with , I wouldnt really say that the Haze aromas from MNS were fruity or citrus like (though there were undertones) , they were more like incence & catpiss like and quite fuely in general.

Is there some sort of cheap terpene-testing kit out there? Not laboratory grade, something affordable and inconspicous...

If so, I'll go get some puray and test for terpenes myself. Because naming all these spices and chemicals can get confusing. Besides the unique smells when compared to other strains, the Puray still hits hard. It's a silent killer, smells so unlike skunk/fuel that one would expect it to be "weak" until it smacks you silly.

If I had to guess which "Landrace or Heirloom" plant the puray originated from...I would think it's a Charas plant from the Himalayas. It's definitely not WLD/BLD, not exactly a pure Sativa either because the buds are chunky and leaves are pretty dense as well. And since Temple balls/charas whatever its called smells very resinous and incense like, I would assume the Church/puray is probably connected to a charas type of cannibas. I know its all hypothesis until cannabis genome research starts publishing results, but it's pretty fun to play the guessing game.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Low down thievery BS? Wow.... wow.

It amazes me that this is your perspective, truly.

We released maybe 30 packs which depleted from resellers very quickly, but not due to any hype from our team. Puday posted a positive review, and that seemed to spurn some interest, but saying we lied or thieved from anyone is a stretch... seriously. As has been accused, we didn't pay Puday to write his review, we don;t know him or work with him, nor have we given him anything to report how he did.

Its important to me that our clients feel respected and valued, always, no matter what, so it really bums me out to read this kind of nastiness calling us thieves and liars, because it is so far from how we operate or what we strive to achieve in this industry. It saddens me greatly to even be accused of such by anyone - anyone who knows us or how we operate, knows that it simply isn't our style.

As always we offer a full satisfaction guarantee on all of our products, so if anyone feels like we duped them or scammed them into buying these seeds (which again I see as a huge leap from reality), please contact either myself or Lady Chi and we will replace your seeds with anything equivalent in price in the catalog, without exception.

I didn't intend to start a shit storm, and I'm certainly not expecting you to replace a pack for me.

that said, I spend a lot more time than most researching before I buy, and I rarely buy packs anymore, so I was surprised and disappointed to discover I was seriously mislead about this line.

it was definitely marketed as a nyc piff line durin the initial releases, and that's the only reason I purchased.

I have seen lots of pics of nice plants from your genetics chi and I would have enjoyed giving your gear a go in the garden, but I don't expect I'll be putting any more of these beans in the dirt, because they are not what I wanted to grow.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I have found piffy plants in so many non haze hybrids it's not even funny.

What I always considered to be haze were the sativa dom ones that have a very specific lingering, slightly minty, very fresh smell.

The "haze" in was getting I always assumed it was super lemon haze because gh was winning back to back around this time.

All the Hazes I have ever had all had one very easily identifiable trait. When burned they would leave a thick aroma in the air. Walking in a room where haze was recently smoked and you just know. It's a very fresh rain-ish kinda smell, but the undertones can be just about anything. I have seen lemon, cat piss, fresh dill, strawberry, grapefruit and plenty of others. I am partial to the citrus hazes tho.

One time I walked.a.friend to the train station and we smoked a blunt while walking. On the way back from the 6 block walk, all I could smell was that lemon skunk, for blocks.

The dna Lemon skunk I used to run was the closest I had found to that "super lemon haze". I actually prefer the sativa like effects. I actually am smoking some African sativa right now that has that same haziness.

What I am confused about it how could there not be any haze in a JH cross? or is JH more on the kush side.

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
there's definitely jack in chi's frankie's. he used his "jack" male, which from what i've read he's been working on for a while, so it's not exactly JH, but that's in the lineage.

i've also found lovely haze types in many varieties. i prefer the ceder/sandalwood notes to the citrus or pissy notes, personally, but they are all beautiful.

i've had the best luck with colombian crosses. i heard sam say the original haze was three colombian varieties crossed together. i find lots of woody, incense-y expressions in the punto rojo x afghani f2's i've been searching.

i've also had a love affair with an SLH cut my friend found and kept for many years, but has since lost. super strong 4 hour high, equal parts lemon and incense on the nose and the palate.

also found a great haze plant in some sssdh fgens my friend and i made. lost her this summer :cry:

got 8/10 up on old rez sssdh currently. got n.haze and others in the vault.

but the nyc piff is a very specific terp profile that i'll always remember and always be searching for.

if someone were to pull out a bag, call it uptown, but it's just some other haze expression, i'd be really disappointed.

i think it comes down to those who have smoked real deal piff and those who haven't. i imagine it would be hard to breed for an expression you'd never experienced personally.

bigherb

Veteran
JH that used to frequent my area was special, unique in a world of indica Dom hybrids . IME a sativa Dom uplifting happy euphoric type of effect . Similar effect IMO to the NYCD we would get .

But nothing to do with NYC Haze period

1luvbigherb

Cannavore

Veteran
There's a 14 week Bodhi cut going around that is supposedly very similar to the puday. Cuban Black Haze x A5 Haze/Mirakel Thai aka Bandaid Haze #7 found by doc_d.

Looking forward to hopefully trying it out someday soon. I don't think many have it just yet but it seems to be one of the strongest leads on a piff-like plant.

Cannavore

Veteran
Honestly I've never smoked a Jack Herer that has blown me away. SSH, SAGE, Silver Haze are all better imo.

Can't stand that citrusy light mentholated hazey Jack that gets you high for 20min. There's also SSH phenos like that. Pure junk.

JH that used to frequent my area was special, unique in a world of indica Dom hybrids . IME a sativa Dom uplifting happy euphoric type of effect . Similar effect IMO to the NYCD we would get .

But nothing to do with NYC Haze period

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
There's a 14 week Bodhi cut going around that is supposedly very similar to the puday. Cuban Black Haze x A5 Haze/Mirakel Thai aka Bandaid Haze #7 found by doc_d.

Looking forward to hopefully trying it out someday soon. I don't think many have it just yet but it seems to be one of the strongest leads on a piff-like plant.

Honestly I've never smoked a Jack Herer that has blown me away. SSH, SAGE, Silver Haze are all better imo.

Can't stand that citrusy light mentholated hazey Jack that gets you high for 20min. There's also SSH phenos like that. Pure junk.

Sup brother

I'll thankyou again for your catalog of bodhi strains pics and info

But damn where is the pics/ info of his old SC haze Jedi cut aka Santa cruz Haze cut . I know I asked before , I found pics once but can't find them again . I'm pretty sure the cut is used in one of the G13 Deady G hybrids and a blueberry hybrid

What I recall most was a spicy lime from JH but the taste wasn't special the effect was ,a clean clear heady happy Herb that I can relate to NYCD . You can't be mad on this herb it's extremely feel good effect . That quality is special to me and not common

1luvbigherb

H

hard rain

there's definitely jack in chi's frankie's. he used his "jack" male, which from what i've read he's been working on for a while, so it's not exactly JH, but that's in the lineage.
If you are talking about Chimeras new "Jack" lines there is no Jack Herer in it at all. The "Jack" name refers to an old friend of Chi called jack, not JH.

Latest posts

Latest posts