What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

~PIFF~ A.K.A. Uptown Haze/Frankies/Church. Preserving a Heritage...

Mikenite69

Veteran
This cut is a pre2k blueberry sativa. It's not the cut that runs around on the forums as the pre2k though. This is my cut that I found in beans from dj short stock I circulated lots of cuts of it long ago I actually lost the cut myself and recently re-aquired it after bumping into a friend that I haven't seen in many years and he happened to still have the cut and running it.

If there was no tom foolery involved and it is my exact cut and wasn't reselected from seeds which I was told it was not or it hasn't suffered genetic drift this is the blueberry everyone chases today that smoked it many years ago. I have it in flower now and if she hasn't lost anything she will be circulated for sure.

The only negative I remember about this cut of mine was that it didn't have dense buds but the Quality of her high, smell and flavor is where she shines. Well we will see in the next month or a little more if my tent starts to reek like blueberrys.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
picture.php

Blueberry

Blueberry

This cut is a pre2k blueberry sativa. It's not the cut that runs around on the forums as the pre2k though. This is my cut that I found in beans from dj short stock I circulated lots of cuts of it long ago I actually lost the cut myself and recently re-aquired it after bumping into a friend that I haven't seen in many years and he happened to still have the cut and running it.

If there was no tom foolery involved and it is my exact cut and wasn't reselected from seeds which I was told it was not or it hasn't suffered genetic drift this is the blueberry everyone chases today that smoked it many years ago. I have it in flower now and if she hasn't lost anything she will be circulated for sure.

The only negative I remember about this cut of mine was that it didn't have dense buds but the Quality of her high, taste and flavor is where she shines. Well we will see in the next month or a little more if my tent starts to reek like blueberrys.
I pray to GOD that its good to go.

Mikenite69

Veteran
U and me both! I can tell ya this I am almost 99.99% certain it is my exact cut and wasn't reselected. There are growth charachteristics that Is bringing back old memory's. Also the cut seems to be in really good shape after all these years because she still roots fast in about 6 days and is still pretty vigerous. I'll make sure I report back when she finishes up for sure. Already passed some cuts around to my homie in the pnw and my homie in Connecticut and told them to spread it to good people and I have 4 mothers vegging up as we speak.

U and me both! I can tell ya this I am almost 99.99% certain it is my exact cut and wasn't reselected. There are growth charachteristics that Is bringing back old memory's. Also the cut seems to be in really good shape after all these years because she still roots fast in about 6 days and is still pretty vigerous. I'll make sure I report back when she finishes up for sure. Already passed some cuts around to my homie in the pnw and my homie in Connecticut and told them to spread it to good people and I have 4 mothers vegging up as we speak.
What an amazing story, Good luck!
:tiphat:

Killahsmoke

That's what's up @Mikenite69 I really do hope you got this beautiful lady! Nice to spread the cut around blessings & the cut could be in Connecticut I live in Massachusetts so its close also got my boy who lives near Hartford Connecticut! I hope to maybe try her again still talk to my brother about that Blueberry mmmmmmm! :) I did try a sample of NYC Piff my boy had got from city a week ago it had the smell & look of Piff but was just weak :( no problem thou I have enough $ilver Haze & this stuff is really great! If you guys are ever in Worcester MA hit I me up I'll blaze you guys up I'm a Cheeba Hawk always on the hunt for the best!

Cannavore

Veteran
Hey cannavore do u remember that haze that was going around NYC right around the same time silver haze was floating around That had that strawberry or some kinda red berry hint in it when broken up? Wasn't it strawberry haze or some shit like that? It didn't come around much I think because the silver and uptown was a lot better.

Gotta love that uptown wet damp moldy basement smelling haze just amazing weed. Just unearthed my old blueberry cut that I use to run my fingers are crossed she hasn't lost anything from drift but this is the girl that smells like straight blueberrys. Have her in flower now keep fingers crossed because I'll spread her ass like the plague! Lol

Old bb sativa
View Image

strawberry cough perhaps? it is hazey and strawberry.. only thing i can think of.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Nah it definitely wasn't the cough I am very familiar with her I mean she has been grown around my area for years I was kinda glad that it was lost for a while. Lol just grew the cough myself and I don't like smoking it because as soon as I smoked a joint it brought me back to flooded days of only straw cough. A buddy was begging for me to find the cough so I got it for him but decided to run a small plant.

This haze smelled just like the silver haze until u broke it up then u would get that red berry smell. Only scored this bud a few times in uptown and it was great. Had amazing flavor with the haze taste full on then on the exhale berry notes that lingered on the tongue.. Personally would love to run that cut if I could figure out what the hell it was. Lol

Nah it definitely wasn't the cough I am very familiar with her I mean she has been grown around my area for years I was kinda glad that it was lost for a while. Lol just grew the cough myself and I don't like smoking it because as soon as I smoked a joint it brought me back to flooded days of only straw cough. A buddy was begging for me to find the cough so I got it for him but decided to run a small plant.

This haze smelled just like the silver haze until u broke it up then u would get that red berry smell. Only scored this bud a few times in uptown and it was great. Had amazing flavor with the haze taste full on then on the exhale berry notes that lingered on the tongue.. Personally would love to run that cut if I could figure out what the hell it was. Lol
Was it on the haze or kush side?
Arjans strawberry haze or strawberry kush

Cannavore

Veteran

yeah that one isn't ringing any bells... only other red fruit/red berry smelling bud i can remember is maple leaf indica.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I remember getting blueberry or chocolate. Those were the 2 flavors offered in my hood.
At that time, I was pack hunting some shishkaberrys (blueberry x afghani) and that blueberry was all I wanted to smoke. But sometimes dude wouldnt serve me. I'm all "come on bro I was just here a week ago."

Ended up finding some more expensive but reliable folks uptown.
When I would go up to 201, I was getting what was called "haze" but was straight up ruby red grapefruit. Way less hairs, hella crystals still in tact. There were usually like 3 different "versions", but I would ask for the best one always.

The only strawberry haze I have had was from a chess buddy that never knows the names of his strains. I just assumed it was the cough, didnt know there was another.

TACOE

Man.. I miss the piff.. brings me back to 05-08 (I'm sure it was in the game before that, but i wasn't). We called it the block work. Came outta the heights. Operations there were on lock. The buds were hairy, airy, and unique in the stank. Dubs were .8.. .9 if we were lucky, and the zips were 400 if we were willing to make the trip to the heights. A few times in the years since I have encountered some bags that smelled like the block work. I grew two plants that shared the odor.. surprisingly one was some hazy freebie auto from an early grow.. other than the smell there wasn't much else, but I also grew a super silver haze which was distinctly block work.

Just wanted to reminisce for a sec.. back to reading the thread.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ ok, but the main thing is the buzz. Was the buzz unique and worth trying to find again?

TACOE

Not sure if that was intended as a reply to my post.. if it was..

The buzz from the block work I was getting 10 years ago was unique to me. It was racy, and heady. It was all I knew at the time. It's what I smoked before and during high school, and was fit to be up all day and night. That was the best part man.. upwards of 8 cyphers a day.. and we'd be up till 2 am cruising, and waking up at 6 for school. There was no couch lock for me. I didn't think weed actually made you sleepy till the kush's ("exotics") came around, and I'd be passing out after school. Piff is also the first bud I ever smoked. I got so stoned I was tripping.. My body felt like it was splitting... I thought my chain was choking me. Reality made little sense, I was super paranoid, and it culminated with heavy puking. That day was also the day I was introduced to Dipset. If I could acquire some block work, the first track I'd throw on would be get crunk music, and I would remember every second of that evening down on LBI. I said I'd never smoke again. And I didn't. for a year. I then learned to take baby steps. So it's kind of a nostalgia thing for me. I absolutely love when it pops up.. now I mainly enjoy it for the flavor and taste (which btw to my nose isn't anything like a lot of the descriptors I read in this thread).. It really just brings me back.

100% worth "finding." Though it's not something I could just find now a day.

Without having the cut, man.. I'm just not buying all this hype. The thread was a fantastic read. It's funny that a lot of the stories sound just like my formative weed years. But lets be honest.. your not gunna find the block work from popping a bag seed, regardless of the bag it came from. The piff we were getting.. (granted, we had only a handful of connects then.. a few here in NJ and a few in the heights) the shit was always the same. no variance between batch/connect/bag... Before I pass out I'm gunna post 2 quotes from ottoman a few pages back that, IMO are the most truthful impactful posts I've read in this thread...

/end trip down memory lane.

TACOE

I look at it this way, haze will forever be a big debate and a huge part of east coast weed history imo. I think that now a days the people that run the grow ops in south florida don't even know the true lineage of their special herb. Lets be honest guys the people growing this stuff are total business men not some people that give a crap about its backgrounds, they want to grow high yielding potent bud for the most money they can get. They offer people that are maybe illegal immigrants or financially struggling a promise to own a home as long as they grow their X amount of years, usually 3-5, after so many years of this information is going to be lost. This is where I feel people start to think of different hazes, look if I handed out cuts of my Blueberry to 10 people they would all smell and taste similar but appearance would be different because not everyone will have the same grow techniques and use exactly same nutes. That being said I feel their are probably a few cuts they have and use that are all pretty similar. This is also why you can find price variance in haze's as well. I've seen ok haze go for as low a 3k and well grown as high as 6k depending on the batch.

This is just my opinion and no one has to agree with me but hear me out we should all enjoy the different "hazes" we are lucky enough to smoke and luckier to grow. I feel less and less of this stuff will be grown in the years to come. They're growing out 90 day plants and sending a lot of their stuff to NYC area to be spread out, right now more than ever they have to compete with so much cheap cali coming into the same area's and they will want to change their strains around to the 8-9 week stuff. I feel the only reason that area hasn't changed it up is because they don't know anything else, but as the weed game changes so do the people that grow it. Don't get me wrong their will always be a market for it but i think you'll find it harder and harder to get in the future. I may be 100% dead wrong but enjoy it while you can.

Big Herb, I don't doubt that the NYC haze is grown NYC, i think it's pretty obvious it is, I am also sure haze is being grown in other states as well. Im just talking about my experiences with haze and yes I am from the city area, and like i mentioned before its all about who you know, and the people i know get their shit from south florida and in the past we have gotten it straight from the city, It's all the same variations of piff in my experiences.

Also big Herb one of the main reasons I seen in price variation is the time when they pick actually harvest the bud, like i said i feel they have different cuts that are similar and they go anywhere from 90-120 days, if they only take the 120 day cut 90 days it gonna be cheaper no question, have you had similar experiences?

Also what i found different between the NYC haze producers and South Florida is that the Cubans seem to have a hold there while Dominicans have it in NYC. That being said I not making this a race thing its all about business and business is only one color, green. But this makes me believe that they have very similar strains but they are a little different being grown differently, but that's why they all have the recognizable smell and taste. I mean even if this are some old school haze genetics thinks about it if they got it from their home countries probably gonna have some similar herbs since their island are so close together. Also I will say this I read at the beginning of this thread that the Dominicans were pissed about this getting out to the public, the Cubans down south have been more than open to trade their haze cuts for new top elite genetics, i don't think they want to stop growing haze altogether but i think they like the idea of quicker harvest with easier to run strains, just my opinion tho.

BH not trying to argue but I do think it's good that we're trying to get as much positive information out their as possible...

Insightful posting sir.. I felt the need to repost.