What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

Yeah, she's getting pretty thick.
She's drinking almost 2 liters a day.

My worry now is how to judge when to harvest it.

I'm in no rush and I don't mind waiting.
I want to take it as long as possible without turning it into crap.

I'll just keep posting pictures and see what you guys think.

I guess I should look for big fat, juicy, falling over trichomes. (and ignore the color?)

PCBuds

I topped my window plant and smoked it. Lol

It tasted like cut grass or hay but it wasn't a bad taste.
Just the taste of bad or uncured weed.

q3corn

I guess I should look for big fat, juicy, falling over trichomes. (and ignore the color?)

Yep! Color can indicate that the plant is nearing completion, but it's not a guarantee. Best to look at the buds and the trichs themselves. Maturity takes a while, and there's a fairly large harvest window, so it's not like if you pass the "ideal day" your buds are gonna be garbage. One or two days over is negligible, but 2 weeks early is noticeable.

PCBuds

... One or two days over is negligible, but 2 weeks early is noticeable.

I wanna go way more than 1-2 days later than is normal.

I might go 2-3 weeks over.

My plant is already over 11-weeks old.
It's supposed to be a 7-week flower.

I want to grow a plant equivalent to a 72-year-old Scotch. Lol

PCBuds

I dunno, I don't know if I want to risk my buds to mold.
I don't have a vacuum sealer.

It would suck to grow a plant for 3-4 months or more then lose them to mold at the very end...

PCBuds

Then I'll put it in a jar with a desicant and bring it down to 62% as quickly as possible.

Then I'll swap it out for my Boveda Packs.

SuperBadGrower

If you don't want to risk your harvest turning to crap, better play it safe. Moist buds in a container is the absolute #1 way to ruin it all. I think it's a shame that it is recommended. Just hang branches, trim fan leaves, wait 2 weeks, remove the buds from the stems and jar it up. This is where the oldschoolers are right IMO. It might be the safest thing you can do. Especially if you don't have the experience of many harvests. If your ambient RH is normal you can leave them hanging for eternity. When I was too lazy to put all the weed in containers I would just leave branches hanging and take buds off of them as desired. More than once did I have my own stash hanging for 2 months. A closed jar which reaches 55% isn't much different from a room that is always ~55%.

I'm not saying it's the same, or to hang stuff for 2 months. Weed reaches a moisture equilibrium with the environment. If you hang it in 65% it's impossible to overdry. Jars, dessicants, burping, these three words make a good recipe for Hay smelling schwag. Just my opinion of course. I have ruined buds by jarring them wet. Never a problem with a proper hang dry, always happy (if the plant is good).

Also wouldn't worry about anything converting to cbn, cbd etc... that's more theorycrafting. You're not gonna notice a % difference the same way the lab equipment does. Yeah the 1.5 year old weed is not the same as it was 4 wks after harvest, but it's still good to smoke, the essence of the terp profile is still there, and it still gets you high. :good:

Final thought... most of the people who go online to write with absolute certainty that you shouldn't dry buds under lights, and preach doom & gloom about it, have never themselves dried buds under their lights. I mean I wouldn't recommend it either but I'll be damned if that wasn't some grade A bud.

PCBuds

Okay,...

I'm just gonna let it hang till Winter happens.
Lol

I want to keep it simple and stupid. Lol

indagroove

Veteran
You can always freeze your buds too, as long as they are dried well. People will say not to do it, but I've done it many times with great success. You just gotta make sure you get most of the air out, and double bag it with freezer bags. You can crack the bag open a year later, and the bud seems fresh as the day you put it into deep freeze.

Latest posts

Latest posts