What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

Hey, an ounce of seedless bud that you grew yourself is priceless in itself :)

That's true!

I might even break even with my expenses with this grow as compared to just buying weed at the Indian Reservation. (Home Of The $100 Ounce.)

I'm eager to taste the Candy Cane.
All I really know is White Widow.

PCBuds

My window plant is doing great too !!

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/rpfvDbLc/20200729-143033.jpg]View Image[/url]

She's thirsty too, ... Almost 1/2 liter a day.

I've been thinking about my next experiment...

I intend to grow my next window plant/auto flower in a proper pot, (kitty litter container, 7 liters), and if she gets too big for the window sill, I will cut the top off and try to "clone" it in a separate pot.

I don't know if that's possible but I'm gonna try.

PCBuds

As far as I know, a plant stretches anywhere from 20%-100%, and you're supposed to top your plant just before flower and guess how much it will stretch?

I want to top my plant (closet plant included) when it is about to touch the lights just before I run out of vertical headroom.

So I will be topping my plants well into flower.

But instead of throwing out the top, I will try to root it.

indagroove

Veteran
As far as I know, a plant stretches anywhere from 20%-100%, and you're supposed to top your plant just before flower and guess how much it will stretch?

I want to top my plant (closet plant included) when it is about to touch the lights just before I run out of vertical headroom.

So I will be topping my plants well into flower.

But instead of throwing out the top, I will try to root it.

Yeah, that's why it's nice to find a specific plant you like and take cuttings, then grow the same genetics over and over until you know how the plant will grow in each stage. Aren't you growing autos now? You can't really clone autos.

PCBuds

... Aren't you growing autos now? You can't really clone autos.

Yes, I'm switching to autos.

I may have to top the plant though if everything works out good, but instead of throwing out the top, I want to try to root it.

IIRC, autos don't take well to being topped but I'm not going to risk the plant hitting my LED strips and burning them out.

SuperBadGrower

top.jpg
You can just do that but 3 times taller because you have side lighting. If you grow autoflowers you will always be at the mercy of wack ass genetics.
(edit: Well, same w/ some fem/regs, to be fair ... :biggrin: )

Last edited:

PCBuds

That's what's bugging me about my next plant.
I'm assuming it will do better initially then have to be topped.
I'm just going to wait until it's about 3" from the lights then cut the top off. (which will kinda suck because that will be my main cola.)

I have just about 3 1/2 feet of headroom for the plant.

And I do have 50 Watts of lighting from above.

PCBuds

I remember growing a White Widow auto flower and when it was about 3" from my SILs I cut off the top 3" of the plant, and it just stopped stretching and didn't get any taller.

PCBuds

Some bud pictures of my closest plant...

I was wondering if the white hairs will turn color when she is ripe?
Or could it be a strain thing and still be white at harvest?

PCBuds

I've been looking at the same thing!
How'd the installation go?
I couldn't eben figure out where the water goes in and out looking at the pics hahaha
CC

My RO filter arrived and it's got everything you need to install it. (although I've been lazy and haven't done it yet. Lol)

The white tubing if for the water feed. The red tubing is for wastewater. And the blue tubing is for the RO water.
They are all quick-connect fittings.

It's got a few choices to hook up the water feed line to the water source.

One is to tap into a 1/4" copper water line and the other is to screw in a tap into threaded copper tubing.
Both ways won't work for me because I have plastic PEX pipe in my house.

I need to buy a PEX fitting with a 1/4" T and splice into my water pipe that way.

bajson

The closet plant still got some time left in her, let her mature fully and the hairs will turn brown eventually.

PCBuds

The closet plant still got some time left in her, let her mature fully and the hairs will turn brown eventually.

OK, thanks.

I kinda have a hard time with the microscope.
The clear, white, and amber trichs sorta look the same to me. It's kind of a judgment call.

The plant looked like it had some amber trichs but it seems too soon for that with all the white hairs.

I need to check the trichs at the proper places. (but I forget where that is. Lol)

I checked my window plant and it's got a bunch of brown hairs.

I kinda think both plants might need another couple of weeks?

They are supposed to be a 7-week strain and it's now at 10 1/2 weeks.
They both went through a lot of crap so they're both probably stunted.

PCBuds

View attachment 543203
You can just do that but 3 times taller because you have side lighting. If you grow autoflowers you will always be at the mercy of wack ass genetics.
(edit: Well, same w/ some fem/regs, to be fair ... :biggrin: )

I've been looking at this, and I don't think that's what I want to do in the closet.

My closet is only 21" X 21" but it's got a 42" ceiling.

I don't think I want my plant spreading out sideways, and I've got all that side lighting so the bottom branches should get lots of light and grow productive colas.

SuperBadGrower

Indeed, that's a little low. As long as youre going into it with a plan(t)! :good:

It being 10+ weeks instead of what's on the label is normal (stunted or not), and yep, it's still got a while to finish

PCBuds

Where is it again where you're supposed to check the trichs?

I think it's where the hairs go into the plant?

PCBuds

I intend to gradually turn on the sidelights just after she's got two healthy sets of leaves.

It was my SIP cooler that was way out of wack and the water at the bottom smelt like sewage.

I'm using the anaerobic bacteria again and it goes in smelling like Parmesan cheese but by the next day, there is no smell at all.

No more molasses in the cooler.

I'm kinda considering using the cooler again but I've got everything I need to go with straight coco and perlite in the milk crate.

I have a sentimental attachment with my Coleman cooler.
I borrowed it from my mom to go camping in 1982.
It made a nice stool so I was sitting on it in front of the campfire, but it got too hot and the side of it melted. Lol

Mom was pissed, so I bought her a new one and I've had the melted one ever since. Lol

SuperBadGrower

Haha, that's the problem with checking trichomes. Here they are amber, there they are white, elsewhere they are clear... People want to look at trichomes. Having done that I say dont bother. Do you need a microscope to determine when other plants are ripe?

https://youtu.be/XBEABq1b1SA?t=1515

listen from 25:25 until 28:30

Latest posts

Latest posts