What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

My closet plant is really looking good, especially considering how sick she was just a few days ago.

The very top of the plant is leaning over from one side, then to the other.
I don't know what that's about? Maybe she's dizzy and doesn't know which way is up?
I hope it's not morning sickness. Lol

PCBuds

Check the pH to make sure it is in range, if so then get those girls some N asap! The yellowing is happening because they can no longer produce chlorophyll and must extract it from the bottom leaves to send to the top ones, where all the light is at. If left unchecked they will continue to yellow until they fall off and the condition works its way up the plant.

Thanks for this post JustSumTomatoes.

God knows how long I would have waited thinking it was light bleaching or something? Lol.

Maple_Flail

My closet plant is really looking good, especially considering how sick she was just a few days ago.

The very top of the plant is leaning over from one side, then to the other.
I don't know what that's about? Maybe she's dizzy and doesn't know which way is up?
I hope it's not morning sickness. Lol

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/6p1Mx1cs/20200628-084815.jpg]View Image[/url]

morning sickness? more like a teenager trying to wake up after ONLY 8hrs sleep LMFAO

my moonshine haze does this but WAY WAY WAY more extreme. all her fans face the walls it seems right before lights on.. and it takes about as long as it takes for my bulb to warm up for her to start praying like normal again. bout 15-25 minutes... havn't exactly been noting how long it takes as she rights her self everyday.

also, those outdoor plants needs some trimming and training.. lol

PCBuds

She's finally awake.
It took almost 6 hours. Lol

I know that her flakiness could mean she's too wet but whatever.
She'll get used to it. Lol

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah she's a beauty!
And she'll be one hell of a christmas tree one day, I'm happy to supply the lights ;-)
Any plans on LST, supercropping...?
Watch out for that roof of yours!!!
CC

PCBuds

Any plans on LST, supercropping...?
Watch out for that roof of yours!!!
CC

I've got no plans to LST, partly because I'll just end up breaking branches and my closet is only 21" square and I don't really have room to pull things sideways.

She's also got 3 times as many Watts on the walls as on the ceiling and I'm slowly turning up the side lighting.

I don't know what supercropping is. Lol

I've still got almost 2 feet of headroom for her to stretch.

She's supposed to be a 7-week strain but she's already at 6 1/2 weeks.
I hope she's just going to be late and not going to finish in a week with no flowers?

PCBuds

I Googled supercropping and it said you break/bend the cola to the side to present the flowers to the light.

I think what I'm doing with all the side lighting could accomplish the same thing?
Only I don't risk snapping any branches off.

My plant doesn't really have any shaded areas.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
True, I almost forgot about your vertical approach with the side lighting!
Please carry on...
;-)

CC

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I Googled supercropping and it said you break/bend the cola to the side to present the flowers to the light.

I think what I'm doing with all the side lighting could accomplish the same thing?
Only I don't risk snapping any branches off.

My plant doesn't really have any shaded areas.

Topping, LST, and super cropping make for a shorter, bushier, by redistributing auxins. Side lighting alone will not do that. That being said, the side lighting eliminates the need for a shorter, bushier plant.

PCBuds

Topping, LST, and super cropping make for a shorter, bushier, by redistributing auxins. Side lighting alone will not do that. That being said, the side lighting eliminates the need for a shorter, bushier plant.

Okay, that makes sense.

I do have about 4 feet of vertical space to use and I'd prefer to not mess with the plant.

I can't even transplant a plant without breaking it in half. Lol