What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

Maple_Flail

gatta get you a silica + calcium suppliment, strenghten them up..

I've been down right mean to my Cali O, she gives no fuqs about it and keep trucken and enjoying the bigger canopy.

i've lost count of the bends. some branches got it 2 or three times before i started tying down..

she can almost fill a 3x3 tent foot print if i let her..

PCBuds

gatta get you a silica + calcium suppliment, strenghten them up...

Breaking the plant was my fault.
The first time the plant was 2 feet tall and I only held the bucket a foot off the ground when I flipped it over to dump it out.

The second time I just reefed on the branch too hard and wasn't paying attention or being careful.

My plants would have to be reinforced with fiberglass and rebar to be safe from me. Lol

Maple_Flail

yup, ain't gunna pull through at this point. well the lesson learned in that is... trim more stem off and make it smaller. less for it to feed off of before roots. the less it has to eat the faster it makes roots.

as for calcium + silica.. you'd have a bent plant not a snapped plant. Some of the bends i've done to both my male D.Valley and my Cali-o have flat out split the stem.

a reasonable availablity of both makes strong plants but over abundance is abad thing..

personally i've been digging vermiculite as my main slow release source of light silica, mix it in and it only needs trace extra.. i've got enough in my rock dusts i don't need to use my DE for soil i can use that to keep the buildings nasty bugs away from my tent.

PCBuds

yup, ain't gunna pull through at this point. well the lesson learned in that is... trim more stem off and make it smaller. less for it to feed off of before roots. the less it has to eat the faster it makes roots.

Oh...
I assumed that the nutrients in the leaves would help feed the plant to make roots.

as for calcium + silica.. you'd have a bent plant not a snapped plant. Some of the bends i've done to both my male D.Valley and my Cali-o have flat out split the stem.

When I broke the plant the second time, I heard a snap. Then I bent it back the other way and heard a second snap.

I may as well have been trying to remove the plant. Lol

I don't think I want to bother with any kind of LST.

I get a better yield when I just leave my plants alone and not end up with a dead one. Lol

a reasonable availablity of both makes strong plants but over abundance is abad thing...

I know all most for sure that I would end up with an overabundance.
I'm a hardcore beginner with little interest in advancing. Lol

PCBuds

My closet plant is looking pretty sparse.
She grew a couple of inches but isn't really filling in.
She's just a stick with a few leaves on her.

Maybe once the flowers fill in, she'll beef up?

indagroove

Veteran
She looks sad. I think you might wanna rethink the cooler. I have a feeling there is lack of oxygen in the root zone and stagnation. For me, drain to waste systems have always worked best, because you can simply flush the old stuff out with new.

PCBuds

The cooler has worked for me before.
I'm thinking she's suffering from the lack of nutes from a couple of weeks ago.
She is really stretching now and is 27" tall.
It's also a new strain that might have an effect.

It is stagnant at the bottom of the cooler but that's on purpose. It's got bacteria, molasses, and an air gap between the water and bottom of the soil.

I could drain to waste by watering from the top and siphoning off what drains to bottom but I want to give it another try after this plant where I get things more dialed in and water it from the top until she's established.

This is a plant from last year...

PCBuds

The flowers are starting to fill in.

The middle fan leaves are kinda drooping but I figure they may be just aiming towards the sidelights.
I now have the sidelights totaling 85 Watts with the overhead lights at 50 Watts.

Maple_Flail

Aye, she be going...

well you know my opinion.. strip em. the plant is exerting energy to keep them from shriveling.
energy that could go into flower or resin production

PCBuds

Hmmm,

Now I don't know what to do.

I was figuring that the plant was pulling energy and nutrients from the leaves, but if the leaves are using energy and blocking light from getting to the rest of the plant, I think I might just remove them.

The smaller healthier dark green leaves might take over and be more efficient and effective.

PCBuds

Well, she just woke up and I decided to give her a haircut. Lol

I figure the trim will help with airflow as well.

I have seen mold growing on top of the soil a few times, so I know that spores are flying around.

There, ... I plowed it under. Lol

Latest posts

Latest posts