What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

Sounds like you're due to start making your own autos! There's a lot of great autoflower genetics out there these days, and if you're able to get regular seeds just once then you can have enough autoflower seeds to last you a looong time

I've actually got 5 Candy Cane feminized Autoflower seeds waiting for this plant to finish.

I usually grow one plant at a time and plant the sprouted seed directly into the cooler.
Then it normally takes about 5 months to grow it to harvest.

My 5 seeds will last me two years.

I prefer feminized because I don't want to deal with males and then I can just grow one seed/plant at a time.

I have harvested 158 grams off a single seed/plant so I don't mind the wait.

q3corn

You're a far more patient man than me! I would be chomping at the bit to get new strains at least every grow

PCBuds

I get my seeds from Crop King Seeds and they offer an Auto Fem mix and match of 10 different seeds for $100.

Maybe I'll get that next time I buy seeds.

PCBuds

My voltmeter/ammeters arrived today.

I really didn't think they'd show up this fast if at all, with everything that's going on.

I cut open the packages then threw out all the packaging and washed the scissors and my hands.

Things are really different now.

I'm quite concerned, I've got severe emphhazima, I smoke a pack a day, I'm drunk almost every day and I'm 55 years old.

q3corn

Damn, PC, that's real. I'm sorry about your emphazima, these are trying times for sure.

To your health, bud :joint: :friends:

PCBuds

Damn, PC, that's real. I'm sorry about your emphazima, these are trying times for sure.

To your health, bud :joint: :friends:

Thanks, q3.

There's still a really good chance of getting COVID-19 and surviving.
Apparently, I'm 17 times more likely to react severely and 6 times more likely to need hospitalization so it's just more of a crapshoot for me.

Fortunately, I don't really care too much when I'm drunk so I'm going to start drinking right now. Lol

I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow and then I'm fine to self-isolate for a month or more.

I tend to just keep to myself anyway so it's not that much different for me.

Bobby Boucher

I've been buying whole leaf tobacco 5 lbs at a time to shred and stuff my own smokes for <$10 a carton for the past year or two. The stress associated with the cost and rationing of my cigarettes was probably gonna kill me before the smoking did.

Saves me a lot of time not having to constantly run out for smokes.. and with the virus now.. Plus, store-bought got all those nasty additives... No bueno..

Those extra 100 bucks a week add up fast, too. More money in my pocket equates to less stress, anxiety, depression, drinking.. etc.. Wholeleaf dot clom. They sell big ass cigar leafs too, if blunts are something you do. Or you can just roll up in the "cigarette" leaf like i do..

The leafs work great for all kinds of insect bites if you wet and apply topically.. headaches too.

Better to quit.. but.. $10 cartons for actual quality tobacco, not that.. tar soaked paper. I'd be curious also to know if your symptoms wouldn't improve by eliminating all those additives..

/StonedRant

PCBuds

Actually, I live 10 minutes away from an Indian Reservation.

I pay $10 a carton for smokes, which is both a blessing and a curse...

I can afford to kill myself cheaply and easily at 5¢ a cigarette.

I just bought 8 cartons four days ago.

They sell for up to $15 a pack of 25 at the store.

Mr. J

Actually, I live 10 minutes away from an Indian Reservation.

I pay $10 a carton for smokes, which is both a blessing and a curse...

I can afford to kill myself cheaply and easily at 5¢ a cigarette.

I just bought 8 cartons four days ago.

They sell for up to $15 a pack of 25 at the store.
Oh God... A pack a day of Natives... I'm surprised you're not dead yet.

PCBuds

The native smokes are a lot better than they used to be 25 years ago.

They used to be full of sticks and stems, they would mushroom out when burning and the heaters would fall off, which really sucked when you're driving and you catch a heater in your crotch.

I think they realized that good smokes for us were better income for them.

I do get a taste of menthol once in a while but no dirt or mouse turds.

(I buy the bag smokes which is apparently floor-sweeping...)

Mr. J

True story. Where I live there are panhandlers who walk the median begging for change and smokes from the people stopped at the red light. My thrifty friend was giving one of them a smoke once and they were like "Is that a native? Nah, no thanks man." I lol'd. The guy panhandling looked to be Inuit which made the whole thing ever funnier.

PCBuds

Maybe I should grow my own tobacco too ?
Then I could go completely off grid. Lol

How hard is it to grow tobacco ?
Can I buy some quality seeds ? Lol

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
True story. Where I live there are panhandlers who walk the median begging for change and smokes from the people stopped at the red light. My thrifty friend was giving one of them a smoke once and they were like "Is that a native? Nah, no thanks man." I lol'd. The guy panhandling looked to be Inuit which made the whole thing ever funnier.
Haha not too long ago I had a panhandler ask if I could spare anything. I reached in my pocket and pulled out all I had on me at the time, some fifty odd cents and reached it out to the guy. I shit you not, the fellow looked at me and said " that's it?" Then walked away. I'm so broke even bums want nothing to do with me lol.

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
Maybe I should grow my own tobacco too ?
Then I could go completely off grid. Lol

How hard is it to grow tobacco ?
Can I buy some quality seeds ? Lol
Hell yeah, you should grow your own tobacco, it's as easy (if not easier) as weed to grow.
I've bought 6 varieties to plant this year, hopefully I won't be too lazy to grow them.. :biggrin:
I think the price rising issue of tobacco is everywhere, but what's really getting me it's the dramatic drop of the quality.
Am I the only one thinking that smokes are for shit these days?
I use to smoke Gauloises, but they just dissapeared from the market (Europe), and now I can't find even rolling tobacco this brand.
And other brands as well are not what they use to be; Lucky Strike, Camel, Marlboro, Rothmans, nowadays they all share the same fragrance - SHIT.

So I'll have to grow my own, trying to chase the gauloises dragon, thus attempting to re-create the taste of that by blending.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!
And again: please DO order and pop those tobacco seeds, you'll see how rewarding it is. I promise I will guide you as much as I know to curing it properly so you can enjoy a quality smoke.
Actually there is not much to it (curing). :biggrin:
Some varieties gets air cured, and some you just "dry" them in high humidity. Not more than a wooden frame covered in plastic sheet and a tarpauling on top so the tobacco will shade from the sun. With a water bucket inside so you can have humidity.
Another benefit it's the fact that tobacco still is one of the best coins in the world, it's a true "redneck coin" and is one of the most apreciated that won't fade or devalorise, being as apreciated as moonshine and weed.
If you take the trouble to grow it and cure it in a decent smokable thing, you have yourself a cash crop on your hands, mark my words. :tiphat:

PCBuds

Hell yeah, you should grow your own tobacco, it's as easy (if not easier) as weed to grow....

OK. What the hell... Lol

$6.15 for 500 seeds.

And apparently, I'm allowed to grow 15 KG.

I Googled what they grow here in Ontario and it's almost exclusively the Burley variety.
I want it to be the same as what I smoke.

Bobby Boucher

Expect 5 packs per plant..

You'll need a decent sized plot to support a pack a day habit.

Also ordering some seeds today for the halibut..

PCBuds

Expect 5 packs per plant..

You'll need a decent sized plot to support a pack a day habit.

Also ordering some seeds today for the halibut..

Oh wow, ...

I didn't know that.

I'd need to grow more than 50 plants to do me for a year.
That's not going to happen.

Oh well, it's just to give me something to do.
I'm probably just going to try 10 plants max.

And I know nothing about curing, preparing, cutting, smoking it.

Even the empty tobacco tubes are really expensive now.

It might actually be cheaper to buy cigarettes at the reserve than tubes at the store.

Latest posts

Latest posts