What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary PCBuds mini-grow

PCBuds

I raised the light over the seedling because the second set of leaves appeared to be shrunken and brown.

The closet plant is looking good but the soil was dry for about 5 inches down so I decided to give her a big gulp of water.

I was considering top watering her but I want to stick with the bottom watering and the water level is dropping so she must be drinking.

PCBuds

I made another change with the young ones and their lights...

I removed the "heater bulbs" figuring they are established now and don't really need it.

They might be a bit slower now but that's fine because they're going to be sitting there until late May.

It might help to toughen them up a bit and I'm saving 20 Watts as well.

The clone is doing great !!
It looks like she's going to win the growth race against the seedling.

PCBuds

Keep bottom watering, she looks great!

The closet plant yes, I really want to try a proper SIP method.

I like the way it's really dry on top that helps me think that there's less chance of any mold developing... Maybe bugs too?

For the window plants no, they suck it all up and turn to muck. Lol

PCBuds

I finally screwed down my power supplies so I can measure current/voltage/Watts without the chassis moving around...

I have two 500 Watt power supplies that cost me around $40 each (20 amp/25 Volt)...

My lights cost me $140 plus I bought $100 more that are waiting...

I may have good economy but they're a PITA...

PCBuds

Very happy looking lady there.

I dunno, she looks dark and wrinkly like she wants more light.

I'd rather see her flat and parched like she's had enough.

I took some measurements...

If I manage to pull off half a gram per watt, I'm looking at 110 grams.

A gram per watt would be 220 grams.

My record was 158 grams for one plant including SILs and a 4' flouro... running 310 Watts.

We'll see how it goes but I don't want to crank it up too much higher for fear of burning out my LED strips or my house. Lol.

Patience is a virtue...

I'm not very virtuous. Lol.
Hurry Up!!!

PCBuds

I gave my clone a brand new, more spacious home !!

I don't care that my new pot (macaroni container) is transparent...

If she's dumb enough to get too much light to her roots and die, then she can just go ahead and do so !!

I don't think she's that stupid.
It's just a form of LST for the roots.

I figure that the roots won't grow into and stick to the container, so it'll be easier to transplant.

PCBuds

Can I put my closet plant to 13/11 without flipping her back into Veg?

What about 14/10?

I want to give her more light.

I figure more light, more buds.

f2obsession

I gave my clone a brand new, more spacious home !!

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/fLnyrr1M/20200324-235413.jpg]View Image[/url]

I don't care that my new pot (macaroni container) is transparent...

If she's dumb enough to get too much light to her roots and die, then she can just go ahead and do so !!

I don't think she's that stupid.
It's just a form of LST for the roots.

I figure that the roots won't grow into and stick to the container, so it'll be easier to transplant.

I like the macaroni container pot.

I tought, I show you, how I protect roots in transparent pots from light. It's cheap, easy, and effective against algae:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

q3corn

I just use duct tape over the outside of my clear containers

Switching to a longer light time will give you maybe a little more buds, but it won't grow any larger than if it were on 12/12. My suspicion based on 11/13 lighting is that 13/11 lighting will just make your plant take an extra week to finish

PCBuds

I just use duct tape over the outside of my clear containers

I didn't want to cover-up the slits in the container thinking they help get oxygen to the roots.

So there is space now for it to breathe.
I found some aluminum tape.

Switching to a longer light time will give you maybe a little more buds, but it won't grow any larger than if it were on 12/12. My suspicion based on 11/13 lighting is that 13/11 lighting will just make your plant take an extra week to finish

I think I'm going to add an hour of light to my plant, as long as it doesn't go back into veg.

It'll turn on sooner so I don't have to wait as long to check my plant.

That's why I like auto flowers, they're 18/6 from start to finish.

q3corn

That's why I like auto flowers, they're 18/6 from start to finish.

Sounds like you're due to start making your own autos! There's a lot of great autoflower genetics out there these days, and if you're able to get regular seeds just once then you can have enough autoflower seeds to last you a looong time

Latest posts

Latest posts