What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

PA/NJ/DE GROWERS UNITE!

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
DAMN IT

Cocktail_Frank makes a post like that and I can't even rep the guy back. BTW, it's not a matter of if I get goin again, it's when.... Lookin at spots for Jan/Feb right now :yes: (finally).

Actually thinking..... in a two bedroom apt of running either 4 x 600s or 2 x 1000s and 2 x 400s for veg/ testing seeds and making beans for backing up the strains I have and for the family of course. That way I can run the tried and true strains under the big lights and use, for example, a 400 for veg and the other for running through the seeds I have in storage

I have 2 of the 400s and 2 600s to use once the spot is found, so I may just run with that also.....

I'm thinkin the hardest thing to decide is what 2 strains I'm gonna be running first.... Has to be somethin I can veg out fast and get ~30 cuts off of to fill a tray and still be able to toss the slackers.

The other issue is I don't have 3 x 3 tables (yet) so I'll take the concrete tubs I used before and put 2 side by side.... 24 cuttings/tray, so I need either all those cuts to fill 2 trays or put in some veg time with less cuts.... Or go the old tried and true growbags and Promix for the first run back, BUT then I'm heading into unknown territories.

RedNine that is furious line up you have running there! how does the Querkle smoke? Remember reading about it in HT a few months back, Glad to have you back in the mix and glad to see your pain is doing better.

CF- even with a half way upload we still catch your drift everything looks supurb that Grape Ape looks a beauty have you personally compared her to the Urkel? I believe the Grape Ape x Grape Krush could be a true masterpiece with two outstanding aroma/taste and complete opposite ends of the Purple taste spectrum. I had some wonderful Grape Krush a few months ago what a true Grape Kool Aid taste with a hint of blueberry, and the Grape Ape taste so similar to the urkel and grandaddy that high class wine taste/aroma mixed with incense that should be an ill combo for sure

Pro Ballin- Glad to hear they straightened out

Hey just gotta love that AJ Feeley . . . . 3 picks . . . . again . . . . to the SAME player, I know Lofu Tutupu is a Pro Bowler but AJ didnt have to send him there this year off one game! OK Donovann are you ready to suit back up?

spadedNfaded

Veteran
Philly i too am excited for that Grape Ape x Grape Krush cross! Their offspring will probably be something to aspire to. Even though the Eagles didn't win they sure played a good game! I'm happy with them just doing well, they don't have to get a W every single time. They aren't the superbowl team they used to be.......oh well!

RedNine - Glad to see you're up and running with us again! Since i took that hiatus it seems i lost touch with a lot of you guys but i was just playing it safe. I'm not entirely sure when i'll be up and running again but as soon as i get the opportunity it'll be taken full advantage of. These beans of mine are just iching to be popped!

ImNotCrazy - Is that much wattage in a 2bedroom apt feasable? Are you thinking about turning one room into buddage and one into your living quarters? I don't doubt anyone's abilities, don't get me wrong, but 2400w just seems like a large footprint to be working with, but what do i know??
If you're unable to go hydro right off the bat, there is very little you need to know to work with soil. Soil is very easy but can be a lil more dirty than hydro due to, well, the dirt involved...lol.
You can see from my last pics here and CF's posts, you can manage a lot with the right amout of soil.
The only problem i had were those damn mites...And those no pest strips worked out great! As long as you have a pH meter than can measure pH and TDS i think you'll be ok. If it comes to it and you have questions regarding soil mixes, feeding schedules or anything don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure the members here including Frank and myself will be able to assist you.

- SubN

Red_Nine

I would strongly recommend a ph/ppm meter if going hydro. You will save yourself tons of problems, mainly with ph. You will also not be able to dial in your strains without one. Some strains just like different numbers, especially in hydro. JMO from my experience.

imnotcrazy

Veteran
Ummmmmm, guys incase yous forgot......I'm just on hiatus.... Here's some eye candy, considering I can't remember having ever shared some pics with you guys.

P.S. : I had the Purple Urkle (see above).....she don't veg worth a DAMN Here is another pic of the same mom when I first transplanted her into the pot above

This pic was 2 MONTHS before the one up above. While EVERYTHING else I had in veg hit the lights almost weekly and had to be trimmed back, I never even got a cutting off her before I tore down

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

Veteran
Tell me about it : "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ANYONE IN THIS DAMN THREAD ( especially that cocktail_frank guy) again. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR CHRIST'S SAKE"

:fsu: Holy shit, That ever happen to any of you guys before???? :muahaha:

Last edited:
Bear- Congrats now that is a wonderful Christmas present and at least they did not take the seeds.

INC-Nice Urkel

Yeah this Pic upload not working thing has been like 4 days straight it is really getting frustrating I got like 15 pics to upload :muahaha:

W

WeldFlash420

Well folks alot has been happening around here! Wow some real nice grows going on in the tristate. Heres some harevst and dried nug shots of the Jacks Cleaner II. IF I can get the pics to upload.... :bashhead: Well still can't upload the pics...I'll try later on I guess. Red good to see ya back bro, and everyone else Have A Great week! :rasta:

InjectTruth

NE NJ/NYC represent!

Its so nice to see Tri Staters with the real deal strains. Lots of awesome grows going on, I can see, as usual. Here's what Ive been up to lately.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
red, you gotta grow out your beans and look for a nice male, so you can dabble in crosses.

inject truth,
looking good man, hope things get real green for ya.

threeeleven

There's a lot more people from Northern NJ than I thought... I wish we could get together and sample each other's work but the draconian laws prevent such actions :bashhead: :bashhead: :bashhead: :bashhead:

Red_Nine

Frank, do you put a male in your flower room, or do you collect the pollen? I'm just afraid that putting a male in my flower room will produce so many seeds, the bud will be all but unsmokable, as I've had this happen with a hermie before. Also, if you introduce a male to your room, at what point do you do so? Right when you turn to 12/12, or a little later?

InjectTruth

While I definitely dont have the experience CF does, I can say I have used isolation of males, collect pollen in film canister, apply to lower pistils via q-tip, wait 15 minutes, spray upper with plain water to deactivate any stray pollen. You can also collect the pollen in a bag, then tie it around the branch to be seeded. You probably know all of this.

Time for a :smoke:, some My Name Is Earl and bed. PEACE

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Imnotcrazy I would deffinantly run the cut of sssdh that going around here
clones super easy
and is not a slow veg type of plant
and yeilds very well

RedNine Im ready whenever you are Bro

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
Bearfoot : I got some cubes going ATM also
Im running PE, SA, and ELE...all in mono tubs(4 tubs total)
I spawned my wbs to coir/coffee mix
this is a first for straight coir for me
I used to use Hpoo,coir verm,worm casting etc
but now Im living with my moms and she aint having Hpoo in da house

The SA mono tub is pinning I didnt case I wish I would of now though cause the sub seems to be drying out a bit

I wish I could post some pics

Last edited:

xOOx

bearfootlove: thanks for the rep, at least i think you gave it, tried to return it but not enough posts yet. ;(

threeeleven: maybe one day the laws will change or at least lighten up to a ticket or something. in this day and age though, i'd be very nervous about meeting anyone here, how can you be sure?

inject truth: nice setup, a big step up from your previous i see. ++

i really admire those of you who can grow big like that. i get paranoid and shit bricks with only one girl in flower.

inc: nice yields from single colas!

cocktail_frank: you are the mad crosser! many props. i'd love to try your beans some day, but now that i finally got a decently potent and stable mother i am hoping it's all that i will need for a long time. don't know if i have the energy to go through the whole seed grow -- find females, weed out the weak/crap high ones. unless all of yours are primo!! (and i know you dont know me, or give beans in a million years, but ive been reading posts for so long i feel like i know all you guys)

i have smoked all different types of weed, mexican seeded skunk in the 80s, todays dirt, present day blueberry, some supposed black domina, and once the original purple haze. lots of 'dro' from the city. pretty much all of it has the same effect on me, the only difference i notice is time duration. always a balance between the racy pacy buzz, o a mellow chill out and couch a movie buzz.. .with the more potent stuff just lasting longer then the dirt.

only once have i ever smoked something that was devistating. i wasn't sure if it was completely 100% mj. i felt all too weird - i was told it was a blueberry. but no blueberry taste, more like a shit taste ..burned my throat like a FIRE, and the smoke smelled almost like burnt plastic. nasty. feeling came on in seconds, strange warm sensations, definate had an mj buzz present, but with a little added kick certain parts of my body went numb, almost to the point of painfully numb, just one arm or leg at a time.. with some scratching. it also gave sand paper feeling blood shot eyes, i'm talking demon red, and my eyes usually don't get red when smoking. it was a very uncomfortable high. occasional shooting pains in arms, weird stuff. did not like it at all, dumped that shit in the garbage. ever since then, i always wonder if all these super duper 'potent' named strains are like that, because if they are, i don't want them.

my current lady is very similar to the so called p.haze ive smoked. when you remember the day you smoked a strain, then you know it was some good stuff. heh. i remember stare'n at a command and conquer tournament in a friends house for an hour+ trying to figure out what the hell was going on (building, building, building) first time i had seen the game. lol.

so how do these uber strains smoke? i know they are very subjective. but do you find the good ones are mostly a similar buzz?

my lady smells of citrus/lemons/pinesol and is very potent and long lasting to me. A friend gets some decent 'store bought' buds that have tons of trichs, even more then mine.. but they have a piney fresh cut christmas tree odor, even on inhale. These piney strains tend to hit much quicker then mine, packs a punch in the first 15 mins, then fades away to nothing after 45mins or so. (i always judge these effects on one full packed one hitter hit, held in as long as possible). i will never take more then that on new unknown weed, don't ever want to have that above experience again. once bitten. but i can go for 1-1.5 hour on a lemon/fuel smelling stain like the one i got lucky with.

reps will be going out once i can!

xOOx

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I can't physically give +rep yet due to post count, but here if my official Add to all you tri-staters. +rep to all you guys!

What's up Benny! You still got that SSSDH clone goin?? she was yuuuummmmyyyy!!!

Hey Frank how do i apply to **** EM? haha

- SubN

icky420

I have been watching this thread for some time now and just want to say, Hi from the Garden State!

I will be lurking around, and if I feel I have something to add I will do so...

Last edited:

AmishFarmer

PA Dutch go Dutch

PA Dutch go Dutch

Hello everyone.I have not been around so I have some reading to do.I was in Amsterdam.I needed some new strains.I have been offered some here but I am a little to paranoid.So I went to the source,so to speak.What can I say,what a great F U C K I N G place.I smoked some of the best tasting pot in my 25+ years of smoking.Blue Cheese.I have never had any of the original Cheese.This is a cross between that and Blueberry.Great high and the taste,wow,unbelieveable.It smelled like a blueberry muffin,only better.As soon as the tupperware container holding it was opened in the coffeeshop,the smell would cut through everything else,very nice.I can't upload pics so I will try later.Back later with pics and stories.