What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Outdoors 2015.... Hick back in the sticks

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gardens are looking good! I thought gorilla gold is a early finisher?

Organic all the way. Feed the soil and it will keep your plants happy.

Why did ya pinch late July? Plant just not very branchy I guess?

hicksticky

Still at large...
Thanks Vince..... I try:tiphat:

Hey pipe thanks..... gorilla gold? Nope not running her... maybe your thinking of the gorilla glue #4?? Which should finish first half of October...
I pinched that Khalisi the same time I pinched a bunch of the others like gg4, p. Haze, nycookies... but she wanted to get going into flower.... oh well she's still producing good. I have others going that are a lot more bush like, but like I said I got a late start on training that one.

Kyg, man they are delicious :smokeit:...... been missing their flavors, not complaining I had some sour bubble and gorilla glue to hold me over. Pretty happy with what's going on...... but I stay a realistic, it's not done until their in jars lol.
Thanks for checking in on my lil swamp grow lol.
You ain't doing bad yourself.... looking good over there bud:tiphat:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Thanks RS, checking out your grow as well..... looking real good, been wanting to try the headband and green crack, very interested to see how they turn out.
Best of luck with your harvest!

And may we all be mold free lol..... well no heavy loses:)

hicksticky

Still at large...
Got a few more pics from my last visit.... took em might as well show em lol.

New York Cookies x Freak
One of the largest plants of the year.... she's @8' + and about 5' wide. Starting to ramp up with flowering definitely gonna be one of the last to come down. Nerve racking but worth it... it's some really nice smoke, I describe it as a sweet bakery nestled next to a truck stop... good and strong meds.
0920151404c_zpsdfbc4f6o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pineapple haze (clone)
Looking like a good producer, super sweet/pinapple smell.. strong almost obnoxious lol.
0920151403_zpscxdgtzcv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Golden Gun (double glock x Crazy Cookies ~ Hillbilly genetics)
Put her out late, buy still get a chance to try her out.
0920151353_zpswqqlndiy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0920151353a_zpsmycbs6q2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sour Bubble
0920151353b_zpsibhg3hpg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're starting to show their personality now. That NYCx freak is hitting on all cylinders. Lots of tops on the pineapple. Wish i could get a whiff.. Sour bubble is looking prime! :smoke:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
They're starting to show their personality now. That NYCx freak is hitting on all cylinders. Lots of tops on the pineapple. Wish i could get a whiff.. Sour bubble is looking prime! :smoke:

me 2 i can almost feel my mouth watering thinking about that pineapple smell :dance013:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Variety is the spice of life....... so they say,..... and I would have to agree.
I like growing different strains for how they grow..... plus having something else to grab out of the jars is nice as well.

That Pineapple haze is pretty beastly, she practically grew into a bush in veg, now in flower and she is putting on a good show.... and stanks of dank pineapple.

Can't wait wait to sample the sour bubble grown outdoors, had some inside I grew..... it was good.

New York Cookies is a nice smoke and a heavy stone with an upside.... fingers crossed mother nature let's her finish.

I'm hearing frost rumors about in these parts...... blasphemy I say lol.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Went out Sunday and harvested all the larger plants that were further along..... most were finished, plus I wanted to for go the risk of mold on the thicker gals.
Glad I did harvest them because we got dumped on with rain..... flood warning.... Yup I think so lol.
It rained hard and then died off leaving a nice breeze behind to help dry the plant that are still out. Don't really know how much longer they will be out.... it's all weather provided. I hear it may rain again in the next couple days so I might have to call it and harvest everything I can.

Here's a nice Purple Nocturnal #1that I harvested.
IMG_20150929_135254_070_zpsjc7aweni.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150929_135432_165_zpslrx4terv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Truthfully I would have loved to leave her to go another week or so by with the wet weather and her thickness I think I made the right choice.
She reeks of dank blueberries just like her sister.

Kay's kush
Got to have a sample of her from a bud I took off a couple wks ago.
Very nice she has a kushy hint but with a real nice lemon/citrus taste.
IMG_20150929_135533_630_zpsr8sh1l3s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Minion City Diesel.
I left her to ripen a bit, she gots a bit of the purps showing as she matures, haven't had real cold weather yet...... but it's on its way lol.
IMG_20150929_135635_848_zpsxi2hvqgg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Shooters

Even early they look awesome Hicksticky! I get the same concerns over here in my little section of the rain forest. Its real tough to know how long to push them, like for my G13xHaze where I've no experience on how long they take or even what month they should finish here. Crap shoot!

gorilla ganja

looking amazing. Great job this season. Really like the strains you ran this year. What latitude are you at again?
Cheers GG

hicksticky

Still at large...
Even early they look awesome Hicksticky! I get the same concerns over here in my little section of the rain forest. Its real tough to know how long to push them, like for my G13xHaze where I've no experience on how long they take or even what month they should finish here. Crap shoot!

Thanks Shooters, I just let em do what they do lol, I go by what the plants are telling me..... and sometimes what mother nature is throwing out as well.

looking amazing. Great job this season. Really like the strains you ran this year. What latitude are you at again?
Cheers GG
Thanks GG.... it is sometimes tough to get a decent harvest up here in the north (you know), I'm around the 46th. I like running a bunch of gear outdoors every year..... see what does what, take the ones that put on a good show and finish well and run em again next season.
Definitely gonna run the Khalisi and purple nocturnal again sour bubble did great too, I am gonna play with the Kay's kush line a bit bring it to a f2- f3..... she finished very nicely and has a real nice smoke.
I like sats but it's hard to get em to finish right..... might search a bit and find a couple early finisher for next year.

Every year is a learning experience... lessons to be learned and applied to the next year.
Definitely gonna run the tubes again but with a large scale container on the above ground portion.
And get them outdoors a little sooner.... weather provided lol.

Autos is something I been rolling around in my mind... but for me their only worth it if they can produce enough..... ran a coupe Low Ryders early spring... wasn't anything to rave about.

Kelly's Heroes

Hi hicksticky!

Some of your outdoor ladies look as if they were grown under hps ;')
Thumbs up!

I'm at 53N ;) growing here is a true challenge. The season is just about to come to an end.

Greets,
KH

jaunt

I just cut mine yesterday as well, would've been great to go another week or so but lots of rain in the forecast. It was raining for two days before I harvested as well. Some are definitely not ready but we'll see how they turn out.

Nice looking plants :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you got the thick ones in before the next storm. Beautiful crop. Buds look ready enough. Mold can tear shit up. You have to check for it and grade it out in each step of harvest. I want one of those kays kush. Sounds good. Who's the breeder? :smoke:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hi hicksticky!

Some of your outdoor ladies look as if they were grown under hps ;')
Thumbs up!

I'm at 53N ;) growing here is a true challenge. The season is just about to come to an end.

Greets,
KH
Thanks KH ...... full sun and good genetics does wonders lol.
Dam and I thought I had a short season @46, but we make the best of what we got:tiphat:

I just cut mine yesterday as well, would've been great to go another week or so but lots of rain in the forecast. It was raining for two days before I harvested as well. Some are definitely not ready but we'll see how they turn out.

Nice looking plants :smoke:
Appreciate that jaunt:)
Ya I chopped the thicker gals before the rain..... Didn't think they could of faired well after against mold.. was going to chop everything this Sunday with word of bad weather coming, thankfully it past by and opened up to a decent week so I'm gonna brave it and let the others ripen up a bit.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Here is a couple I left out to ripen this week.... calling for Sun all week highs of mid 60s and nights at high 30s.

Pineapple haze
I could take her now, she's just about ready.
IMG_20151003_181047_692_zpsrmsdzd5e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Khalisi #2
IMG_20151004_134440_818_zpsucc0tkhq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Khalisi #1
IMG_20151004_135823_496_zpsvh0hodvg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Minion City Diesel
IMG_20151003_171130_377_zpssfujq1ug.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The chop shop lol....
IMG_20151003_233140_026_zpsrezxnvgq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hicksticky

Still at large...
New York Cookies x Freak
She one of the biggest of the year @ about 8'+
Not yet ready enough hop this week will ripen her a bit more
IMG_20151003_172833_997_zpsvkcmxttm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20151003_172904_922_zpsaxqgarpc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20151003_172918_127_zps9jgblugz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GG4
She doing good, I have her in a couple different spots.... all are about the same. I could chop and she would be just fine but I feel a week more would do her justice. Seems she has great mold resistance.
Their getting all floppy with the weight she's putting on so I'm tying her up the best I can lol.
IMG_20151003_172416_251_zpsqmcbjoe5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20151003_172430_234_zpsjpsi1hc0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So like I said I am leaving out a few to go another week.... mold is always a concern. So I trim of all the dying leaves and ones with spots, I pay close attention to the little sugar leaves that are rolling up and dying because those ones do the most damage. Once they die they are up in the buds and begin to rot and then the mold sets in.
A couple have got damage from frost already so I got to keep a close eye on that.
I also been going out in the a.m. to shake off the dew that collects...... it's an up hill battle now lol but I keep pushing on lol.