What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Outdoors 2015.... Hick back in the sticks

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
The bugs must be a nightmare out there. Especially this fresh hatch of blackflies - never mind the horse and deer flies. We definitely have a bumper crop of those this year.

Looking good though bro. Now if the air would just dry up for the next 7 weeks, we be golden.

hicksticky

Still at large...
The bugs must be a nightmare out there. Especially this fresh hatch of blackflies - never mind the horse and deer flies. We definitely have a bumper crop of those this year.

Looking good though bro. Now if the air would just dry up for the next 7 weeks, we be golden.

Thanks wild, your right about the bumper crop..... it seems like it's their Mecca out there lol.
Biggest damages this year to the plant are the damn slugs... it's been optimal for them this year with the weather....... so I am taking some scrap copper and making ring for the base of the stalks. Might not make a big difference this year but I will be ready next.

Lol I am doing the anti rain dance for us, a nice dry finish would be great .:biggrin:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Here's that strawberry diesel male I have going, just started flowering a couple wks ago. I have him and one of his sister's in a far away plot in containers so it's easier to move them.
Gonna let him do his thang with her and then collect him and his pollen for another sbd female and others...... also gonna try and get a cut of him, some thing I am trying to do more of which is to keep cuts of certain males as well.
0817151848a_zpsx9y7lrqh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Train wreck grown from bag seed, more short and squat version.... still very nice smoke.
I have some purple train wreck x Pakistani Chitral Kush male pollen I am collecting and plan on dusting her with some.
0816151135a_zpscajl1mni.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

GG4...... she's about 5ft x 5ft with plenty of tops pushing through so I netted her in order to keep order lol.
Plan on hitting her with some strawberry diesel pollen as well.
0817151600_zpscnurxjug.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0816151136a_zpsoici8yvh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sour bubble patch
0816151133_zpswcufwe2f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hicksticky

Still at large...
New York Cookies x Freak
She's a monster..... over 7ft. Just started flowering so I hope she finishes in time cause she has some nice smoke, I describe it as a sweet bakery nestled next to a truck stop.... a tasty fuel cookie.
Might hit her with some pollen as well.
0816151131_zpsfpqzo6w3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Another NYC x Freak.
0817151809_zpsg6a0lnsb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sour bubble... Gonna try for some f2s with the male pollen I have left, but it may be sterile.
0816151141a_zps9yt5y6ub.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Purple Nocturnal..... these are beastly and seem to be perfect for my latitude (46) started flowering last of July beginning of August.
0816151137a_zpsxvi9gmlp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0816151140_zps06ceqojd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

gorilla ganja

Looking sweet my friend, That new york cookies x freak is gonna be a monster. Is the purple
nocturnal your own cross?
Cheers GG

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
they are looking great bro! the tubes u made are doing their job for sure. i been backing my back this month. its been dry as hell but thats all good i dont mind since i got a few plants that are rounding 3rd base and heading home already and no rain means no rot lol

hicksticky

Still at large...
Looking sweet my friend, That new york cookies x freak is gonna be a monster. Is the purple
nocturnal your own cross?
Cheers GG

She is a beast lol... she's from Connoisseur genetics.

And the Purple Nocturnal is a cross from a very talented grower and mentor of the community.. SG1 of Sanctuary Gardens.
I was very lucky to become a tester of some of SG's work, and soon became impressed with the wares....... so now near half my garden is SG gear.

Purple Nocturnal
Khalisi
Minion City Diesel
Goblin God
Ravnus
A couple others are crosses with some of his work that I "chucked".. Kay's kush (b.s. kush x Khalisi) and Goblin god x Khalisi.

Sorry for the long winded answer, figured I would give out credit where credit is due:tiphat:

......next year it might expand to 80%+ of my garden where all are great strains, nice yields, great flavors, hearty and I love testing.
Plus they all are right on point with flowering........... with a little dry weather I should have a nice two part harvest. Them first in the end of September beginning of October, and the rest after.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Goblin God
She's in a 4 gal container, my fault waited to long... so I left her in.
0815151100d_zps333m1dfg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0815151100e_zpskjb3nufh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0816151141b_zpsptlnh1y0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
She is super frosty at 3wks and smells of sweet dankness..... one of new favorites, definitely going in the ol' head jar.

Khalisi #6
She's a darker shade of green than it appears..... darn camera/phone lol.. next wk the problem should be fixed, gotta set it to Sun instead of florescent.
I will ad tho that I need to add more N sources slightly to my mix for some of them that can take it, from now on till harvest I am going to feed once a weak or so with teas and some of the earth juice line to supplement to more hungry gals.
0816151137_zpsiizfccp6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0816151141_zpsp7rhjfkv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hicksticky

Still at large...
they are looking great bro! the tubes u made are doing their job for sure. i been backing my back this month. its been dry as hell but thats all good i dont mind since i got a few plants that are rounding 3rd base and heading home already and no rain means no rot lol

Thanks Kyg:tiphat:
I hear ya brother, I've lugged my ass off years passed.
The tubes are looking like a good use of time and effort, hopefully the area will stay quiet for years to come so I can keep using the same ones while making other elsewhere.
It's been a decent year as far as weather and growth goes in my area. Just need a nice dry fall to hit a home run:biggrin:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Thanks Kyg:tiphat:
I hear ya brother, I've lugged my ass off years passed.
The tubes are looking like a good use of time and effort, hopefully the area will stay quiet for years to come so I can keep using the same ones while making other elsewhere.
It's been a decent year as far as weather and growth goes in my area. Just need a nice dry fall to hit a home run:biggrin:

lol hell yea, grand slam!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gardens look amazing! Great work! Sour bubble is a rewarding strain to grow! Lots of good plants in there! :smoke:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Gardens look amazing! Great work! Sour bubble is a rewarding strain to grow! Lots of good plants in there! :smoke:

Thanks, sour bubble is pretty good:smokeit:
And I would love to get the f2s on lock..... I have four pheno's and been planning on throwing a lil male dust on em before I let the cuts go.
Shes nice but I got more strains to go through will less and less room lol.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Space is always short when it comes to breeding good plants. Only have so much time and energy too. I guess you will do the pollination indoors later on, or will it be this season? Need to pollinate soon. Takes about 4 weeks or so to ripen seed.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Space is always short when it comes to breeding good plants. Only have so much time and energy too. I guess you will do the pollination indoors later on, or will it be this season? Need to pollinate soon. Takes about 4 weeks or so to ripen seed.

I'm going out this wknd to hit the sour bub ladies with some sb pollen, same pollen I hit the indoor run with but the numbers where way down so i think it may be some what sterile..... my back up plan is to take cuts and try again indoors with fresher pollen.
Also gonna hit a couple other ladies with some others pollen.... add to the ol bean stash hehehe.:biggrin:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Do you store your pollen at room temperature, refrigerate, or freeze? What works best to prolong viability and what do you think the typical shelf life of pollen is while store at different temperatures?

hicksticky

Still at large...
Do you store your pollen at room temperature, refrigerate, or freeze? What works best to prolong viability and what do you think the typical shelf life of pollen is while store at different temperatures?

I freeze mine, seems to stay viable longer (years).
I have had pollen at room temperature stay viable for 8 months.... but I think that temp and humidity plays a huge role.
When I go to use some from the freezer I usually make it a quick transaction, less than a few hours before it's on the plant.
I have taken some from the freezer and had it still viable days later at room temp, but it seems the longer it's out after the freezer the more it becomes sterile.
Hope my ramblings help lol.:tiphat:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Ya man!

Your GG looks strangely familiar. I put the 2nd level netting on mine about a week ago. Cant wait to see her tomorrow.

Got some bud booster freebie - gonna give my girls a slap on the ass :D

hicksticky

Still at large...
Ya man!

Your GG looks strangely familiar. I put the 2nd level netting on mine about a week ago. Cant wait to see her tomorrow.

Got some bud booster freebie - gonna give my girls a slap on the ass :D

Lol ya spank the dank into em haha..... might go with a second level on mine, don't know yet I was a little late on the first some it might just be enough.
Let us know how the boosters work out:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts