What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Outdoors 2015.... Hick back in the sticks

KBOrganics

Ahh i knew another grower by the name hic on another forum from id say maybe 6-7 years ago good grower good breeder as well thought maybe you were one in the same as he disappered over there..but thanks for the welcoming Im obviously new to ic always lurked here and your right tons of great information and people. Good luck with the grow ill be in here following along as well

hicksticky

Still at large...
Update time....
Staring to gear up and do some training on the larger girls, stakes for some nets and tressels for others.
The GG4 I have in the swamp tube hybrid is doing great, a little yellow here and there so I gave her some nitrogen and top mulch.
I also netted her so that all her tops could be spread out a bit more...... she has like 20 or so, the placement of the net is some what temp. I am gonna come back to her as she grows and keep spreading her tops out and replace the stakes that holds the net with taller ones........ couldn't find many straight saplings that where large enough at the time.
0802152002_zps4rk6tgxt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is the Khalisi #1, great growth and nice strong structure. I chosen to stake her side branches in order to space them out as opposed to the net.... even at 4.5 ft tall and 3.5 ft wide I think the net would be over kill for her. I'm thinking with her rugged structure she should do well with out a lot of training/staking.
0802152008_zpssfnfg9ve.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Pineapple haze..... aka the hedge
Going pretty well, not quite sure what I will do with her, either stake or net.. her structure makes the decision difficult where it's node spacing is nice and tight but her branches grow every which way.
I was thinking on staking a piece of 3"x 4" fencing over the top and like a net let it grow through it and support it that way.
Also gave her a shot of nitrogen (earth juice grow 3-1-1)
0802152008b_zpsozg2a8cy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Purple Nocturnal
Doing awesome, great vigorous growth..
0802152008c_zpswbyzpgkv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Minion City Diesel
I Like her so far, she has great growth and nice fat stalk.
She is one of the the few seed plants I have out this year, can't wait to sample some of her this fall.
0712151935a_zps0o1zurcj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Everything is moving along good, a couple have bud set starting, purple nocturnal and goblin god so far. Still been transplanting a couple late seed starts and moving males around.... so far the ones I am going to let go and collect are Strawberry diesel, white lotus x Lucky Charms, sour master, and a mcd.
The males I will let go up in till they begin to drop and I will take em in and collect pollen for future chucks and a couple for this outdoor season.... one that i am trying my hardest to do is f4s of the strawberry diesels along with a couple crosses using the sbd to gg4,p. Haze and a couple others.
I only had 4 that germed and 3 that made it. The males and females are very fragrant and show nice structure along with vigor.

The swamp tube hybrids are working very well I think, we've had a few days in a row that have been hot and sunny. Normally I would've had to lug gallons upon gallons water out to keep them going, other than a gallon of nutes/water to feed with I haven't watered once.

gorilla ganja

Looking good. You may want to dye the netting green or brown to camo it better.
Nice to hear your getting some flowers already. Also good to see your swamp tube hybrid working out for you. They should really shine in the fall when it's dryer.
Peace GG

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
Looking good . Seems like their starting to transition into flower ...i just love the outdoor grows....

hicksticky

Still at large...
Looking good. You may want to dye the netting green or brown to camo it better.
Nice to hear your getting some flowers already. Also good to see your swamp tube hybrid working out for you. They should really shine in the fall when it's dryer.
Peace GG
agreed I had the same notion about the netting, I might redo it and cameo it up a bit.

I bet I can go further in the sticks than thee :)
I dunno, I'm pretty far back lol:biggrin:.

Looking good . Seems like their starting to transition into flower ...i just love the outdoor grows....
thanks Vince yup their moving along pretty good now, can't wait to see em with some nice swollen fat colas...
outdoor season is my absolute favorite. ... wish it was year round up here lol but I'll take what I can get.
just fingers crossed that the fall brings a little dryer weather

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
All the rain really helped out in terms of growing but ya I'd heavly agree that some dryer weather in the fall would be very beneficial

hicksticky

Still at large...
All the rain really helped out in terms of growing but ya I'd heavly agree that some dryer weather in the fall would be very beneficial

Agreed, it's kinda tricky when planting in ground in the area I grow. Got to be tuned in to the seasons weather, if I plant at ground level like I have in the past.... and we see a lot of rain like this year then most will be under water drowning. And if I plant to high on a dry year then A. I have to lug a lot of water out, or B. Have really shitty results come fall.

So it's like a high wire act.... balance, balance lol.

This year has been good so far, and with the swap tube hybrids I think I found something that will work with both wet and dry seasons..... we shall see.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Speaking of in ground.....
Here are some that I planned directly in ground, taking out the local clay and mixing it at a 30/70 clay to soil mix ratio.
I carefully choose the higher ground around swampy areas so that the plants can still have access to water but not be drowned by the frequent rain we're having this year.
Kay's kush (a Chuck of mine)
0802151915_zpsjxhdaxdh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
New York Cookies x Freak
0802151911a_zpsllyccx7y.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Another Kay's kush
0802151730_zpsw4pxfajg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Purple Dream plot
0802151813a_zps3zzr3meo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

paper thorn

Veteran
Man, I haven't been around any swamps in a coon's age. Brings back memories of camping in the swamps back in Arkansas as a teen. Boy them mosquitoes would make me pack up the sleeping bag, fishing pole and 22 and head back home.
Other extreme now, 110 outside today. been kicking tumble weeds loose all day. hate em

Good luck with the swamp tubes, looks like it's not your first go round with them.

hicksticky

Still at large...
Man, I haven't been around any swamps in a coon's age. Brings back memories of camping in the swamps back in Arkansas as a teen. Boy them mosquitoes would make me pack up the sleeping bag, fishing pole and 22 and head back home.
Other extreme now, 110 outside today. been kicking tumble weeds loose all day. hate em

Good luck with the swamp tubes, looks like it's not your first go round with them.

Lol ..... yup just some perks of growing in or near a swamp.
High 90's here with just same in humidity..... soaked before you even start. Makes it no pleasure to be pushing though the swamp lol, but I got to say I only go out maybe once a week..... 2 weeks for other plots only to train and groom thanks to the swamp tube set up.
This is my first time running tubes though, previously I would just run them in above ground containers.... moveable, no bigger than 10 gallon. Let me say,.... I had to water a heck of a lot often haha.

Thanks PT, good luck and karma to you:tiphat:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Things are progressing well, most all are flowering.... all the SG gear is.
The Gg4, New York Cookies x Freak, p. Haze are a little late to the party but are showing up.
I also have been trimming some slightly. Taking off yellowed and damaged leaves also sucker branches on the lower and center of the plants to allow airflow later in flower.

Here is a Kay's kush.......
0815151100b_zpsbjxgeb30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0815151100c_zpsbtpjnzjq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Minion City Diesel..... sanctuary gardens gear

0817151711_zpsc9ceprwu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0817151711a_zpshunpj9sb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Midnight Madness
0817151833b_zpseetvoawt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hicksticky

Still at large...
Thanks GG:tiphat:

I like how well their doing, especially with the amount I had to care/water them.
They are a darker green then they appear in the photos, thinking it's the cam being set on fluorescent light instead of sun...... Gonna switch it and try it this wknd.
Got some more gals, a couple are from another plot, one that I only make it out to every 2-3 wks.

Khalisi, pheno #2 ~Sanctuary Gardens
0817151816_zpspgyfxl8g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0817151816a_zpsi9vvox6q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Purple Nocturnal ~ SG gear

0817151707_zps6xohpcti.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0817151707a_zps3dpomvm9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Latest posts

Latest posts