What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found some bud worms setting up camp by the way. A stem borer or 2 is out there. Keep an eye out. Trying to just remove them by hand since they aren't real high pressure usually, we just get a couple here and there.

They're easy to spot because when you look at the flower with a budworm setting up, there is a flower bract leaf brown from insect damage at the leaf stem. Inspecting the flower, you can usually pull the worm out and squish him, but you have to be fast or he goes back and hides. We eventually find them out.

Just have to be observant. Enjoy the plants. Learn about the line you are working. :smoke:

Old Piney

Afghan Jam cuttings done out in the woods, didn't help anything with my setup. Was worth the experience. I don't think I used rooting hormone either.

full

full
A little tip if you have no rooting hormone https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/projects/making-willow-water.htm

Old Piney

Found some bud worms setting up camp by the way. A stem borer or 2 is out there. Keep an eye out. Trying to just remove them by hand since they aren't real high pressure usually, we just get a couple here and there.

They're easy to spot because when you look at the flower with a budworm setting up, there is a flower bract leaf brown from insect damage at the leaf stem. Inspecting the flower, you can usually pull the worm out and squish him, but you have to be fast or he goes back and hides. We eventually find them out.

Just have to be observant. Enjoy the plants. Learn about the line you are working. :smoke:
I don't mess around I break out the BT

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What brand Bt do you use? How late can it be applied?

I forgot about the willow water, old school horticulture science.

JDubsocal

White hairs are showing and everyone's plants are looking awesome. Here is where I'm at:
Mystery seed
20240803_120525.jpg

Sensi Star in the back Mystery seed in the front
20240803_120400.jpg

Afghan
20240803_120347.jpg

Let the flowering begin! Thanks to all for sharing too.

Attachments

• 20240803_120525.jpg
    20240803_120525.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 21

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I started these on june 9th, not really expecting them to overgrow the space so quickly. They've just about filled the space. I got the first plant with some pre flowers too, strawberry tortes my early bird looking to catch a wiggle worm.

The past weeks really hit them heavy with the rain, now that they're rooted to the pots a heavy rain leaves them unhappy. I've had some slight issues with overwatering because of my autowatering, I've been having to track the weather better, to make sure my pumps and mother nature don't dump on them simultaneously.

1 (2).jpg
1 (5).jpg

1 (4).jpg
2024-08-04 07_27_59-1 (1).jpg ‎- Photos.jpg

Last edited:

Old Piney

How late can it be applied?
I believe the BT the bottle says right up to harvest but that's a bit creepy to me .The caterpillars I get are like little inchworms I'm fairly sure they are cabbage worms the adults are little white butterflies .I keep a close eye as the buds bulk up for the little cabbage worms walking around on the outside of the buds and spray then .one spray usually does it or maybe one more if there is a second flush of worms hatching .They don't die right away BT makes them unable to feed .You gotta get them before they burrow in the bud

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys, he was a happy dog. He was kind of a business mascott riding with me in the truck on work days. Guard dog, companion, he was a like minded friend. Have to not forget that perspective life doesn't last forever. Keep long term goals in mind, but don't hesitate to live. Help one another, thats what we're here for.

Went to see his burial spot today and remembered some good times. Been a long time, 15 years, good life we had together. :smoke:

Garden is pollinating and anticipating the last day will be tomorrow or maybe tuesday. Will make the treck out there daily because they are growing fast. Some flowers are developed enough to cull males and stop pollination, but some are less developed and we need to preserve those phenotypes, they are still early enough to keep. Most of them are around pencil eraser size, its about 1/3-1/2 that are behind I'd say.

We don't want to overpollinate the earlier phenotypes, it sucks having to much seed and limits the resin productivity and yield of the flower.

Got some fertilizer today for the fall. Waiting until rain here in a few days to apply. Going to apply the Espoma organic cottonseed meal and also apply Espoma organic Alfalfa meal which has 0.7% water soluble N. They are ready for a little boost, starting to get a few lower leaves with some yellow which is norml.

Thought abhout getting some true organics tomato and vegetable fertilizer, but don't want to risk burn at this late in the season since it has poultry manure.

Few views from the farm today. Bonnie was out there hunting and helping around the garden. :smoke:

Tallest plants are about 7.5-8ft tall
full

3 males in a cluster have smaller females nearby to fill in, will help with yield to not have a break in the canopy.

full

Agressive serrations on the leaf margin of this plant

full

Sativa Candy Chunk original phenos usually have this red coloration on the leaf petioles. A few plants have this trait.

full

Canopy top view

full

Deep Chunk dominant male which was accidentally halfway broken at base is standing upright and pollinating! Tough plant! I'm so glad to see this plant pollinating.

full

All 10 plants are currently dropping pollen! God is good, for His steadfast love endures forever! :smoke:

full

full

Buzzing in the heat. Hitting it hard. Drying out this week, will be searching for moisture and then they will get deep watering and fertilizer in a week or so. :smoke:

full

Psalm 136 NKJV

Thanksgiving to God for His Enduring Mercy​

1Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
2 Oh, give thanks to the God of gods!
3 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords!
For His mercy endures forever:

4 To Him who alone does great wonders,
For His mercy endures forever;
5 To Him who by wisdom made the heavens,
6 To Him who laid out the earth above the waters,
7 To Him who made great lights,
For His mercy endures forever—
8 The sun to rule by day,
9 The moon and stars to rule by night,

10 To Him who struck Egypt in their firstborn,
11 And brought out Israel from among them,
12 With a strong hand, and with [a]an outstretched arm,
13 To Him who divided the Red Sea in two,
14 And made Israel pass through the midst of it,
15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his army in the Red Sea,
16 To Him who led His people through the wilderness,
17 To Him who struck down great kings,
18 And slew famous kings,
19 Sihon king of the Amorites,
20 And Og king of Bashan,
21 And gave their land as a [b]heritage,
22 A heritage to Israel His servant,

23 Who remembered us in our lowly state,
24 And rescued us from our enemies,
25 Who gives food to all flesh,

26 Oh, give thanks to the God of heaven!
Update to Pipeline Farms 2024

Need to cut the males soon, but trying to wait for a few plants to stack pistils a bit more before they get cut. Its a delicate time of year. If the females get marble or bigger size flowers it gets to be too much seed and starts to affect yield and resin. Can still determine phenotype and select your favorites even with some seed. They have a lot of time to produce seedless flower, so its all good. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last edited:

Newbie777

Update to Pipeline Farms 2024

Need to cut the males soon, but trying to wait for a few plants to stack pistils a bit more before they get cut. Its a delicate time of year. If the females get marble or bigger size flowers it gets to be too much seed and starts to affect yield and resin. Can still determine phenotype and select your favorites even with some seed. They have a lot of time to produce seedless flower, so its all good. :smoke:
HalleluYAH! Praise the Lord!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cut the 10 males and shook them around the garden. Females are ticking right along. When they see the sun they will have some new space to lean into and expand in. Should have some good quality flower this year with just a few seeds.

Fertilizer on the next rain. Trying not to water. The males have been deep rooted more than the past when I would water a lot! Turfgrass in the lawns is growing fast here! Got rain here the past few weeks and lots of sun. They still have some moisture in the soil. Its good to have dry cycles. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting some resin. Probably get more density and maybe even resin production in full sun.

Wondering what my Sativa Candy Chunk will look like in full sun.