What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

20240730_133140.jpg
20240730_133226.jpg

Old Piney

Ok, you guys are going to have to show me how to grow the bananas! 💕🍌 42°N

My girlfriend grows elephant ears and I have a large container of lemongrass that adds to our tropical back porch feel.
It's also part of my residential visual distraction program for my girls. 😉
I would love to add bananas.
Musa Bosjoo is definitely hardy at your latitude with just a layer mulch , but to grow one like mine you will need to wrap it like a fig tree with some sort of insulating wrap to preserve the stalk. If not it will still grow up from the ground to a height of about 6 or 7 ‘ . I'm at 40 degrees north. I used some chicken wire filled with leaves and a tarp to keep it dry. I preserved stalks to about 3’ and I believe the plant is about 14’ with 7 or 8 ‘ leaves

Mahalo85

Ok, you guys are going to have to show me how to grow the bananas! 💕🍌 42°N

My girlfriend grows elephant ears and I have a large container of lemongrass that adds to our tropical back porch feel.
It's also part of my residential visual distraction program for my girls. 😉
I would love to add bananas.
Musa Basjoo and the Blue Java [Indonesian] are winter hardy up till minus 10 degrees Celcius ❄️

Just make sure to chop the crown of the plant at the beginning of autumn every year 👌🏻

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The pollen is flying. Plants got a few rains and good growing temperatures and hit the mark at 7-8 feet! Going to be a good yield!

The broken male stood himself up. Strong plants! Will be putting stakes out next month.

8 males are currently dropping pollen, the other 2 plants are shaded a bit and may not produce as much by the time they are cut. :smoke:

Couple views. Had to bury by dog Wiley this evening. He had a fast growing tumor that was soon going to be fatal. He was 15 years old. Really smart dog, and loyal, he loved me so much. Great hard working dog! He had degenerative arthritis too! He didn't give up! Gave him part of a canna capsule a couple times the past couple days, it helped. He was a bit woozy, but he was doing alright. He was so good, a real blessing sent from God! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>RIP Wiley... :smoke:

Open pollination
full

dropping pollen!
full

Tall plants! :smoke:
full

Wiley and Leroy at the garden 2023
full
A little rain and things catch up quick. I didin't water more than once or twice this year and they are just as tall and very little yellowing so far! Plants are well fed.

Update to Pipeline Farms 2024

Holyherb420

Veteran
A little rain and things catch up quick. I didin't water more than once or twice this year and they are just as tall and very little yellowing so far! Plants are well fed.

Update to Pipeline Farms 2024
Nice! I wish i only had to water once a year. The well tank sprang a leak with a gasket that i had to replace and i had to water with my ro’d water from my hash reservoir in the meantime lol

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the support guys! I miss him already, he's been a great friend. He really enjoyed life and knew the goodness of God. He showed me what love and truth is. Very smart dog. Glad he didn't have to suffer through it anymore.

We are strangers and sojourners here on the earth. Wiley always made me feel at home, taught me a lot about life.

I learned how to run fast with Wiley. You just have to enjoy it and be glad, then you go faster. Life is good, have fun when you run, makes it easy. Live life with a light heart, serving the Lord with joy and gladness. Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and He will exalt you in due time. God never fails. All His works are done in truth.

Armed with strength to run the race of faith with endurance. Wiley was sent by God and helped me to be better prepared. He was a very smart spiritual dog and taught me a lot about how to live, how to be.

full

full

full

Old Piney

I am finally getting started myself! I have some Mediterranean hashplants for this season. Syrian, Sinai, Moroccan, and 3 different libanese lines. Looking to keep 12-15 females and finish them in small 11L pots. Will probably harvest by late November - early December.
View attachment 19042496
View attachment 19042497
Just wondering will you need to extend day length or the late start is ok over there my Lebanese is flowering right now. I know with the shopping carts you can do whatever you need

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Just wondering will you need to extend day length or the late start is ok over there my Lebanese is flowering right now. I know with the shopping carts you can do whatever you need
Yes in the evening I move them inside the warehouse where there's a bulb on a timer that's on until midnight. Still I am a little worried because some of my lebbies seem like they're starting to stack the nodes closer together like they want to flower 🧐 maybe it's nothing but you know what they say that these plants tend to autoflower if they feel the root space is limited. My plan is to keep them from flowering if I can, until their last transplant to 11L/3gal

Latest posts

Latest posts