What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

Old Piney

heyho,
from north germany

some karma g. pinkysour reg. ladys from my last selection run, outdoor try (organic)

pinkysour#12 planting day 09.07.24

8,7PS12.jpg

pinkysour#12 today

29,7PS12.jpg

pinkysour#13a sour d pheno, today

PS13A.jpg

and pinkysour#13b today, a bit more shadow...
PS13B.jpg

greetz
Nice! Also I can't help but notice they are growing amongst elderberry and raspberry plants wild in the bush

Old Piney

Exploding with flowers! We're growing buds now! Nice job keeping them small. Instead of 20 footers, you only have to deal with 10 footers. Lot of rain this year with good temps! Thanks for the update!

Any smells wafting yet? probably early. :smoke:
Who was it who told me not to wait too long to plant lol? The plants that are flowering are purple satellite from Green Mountain seeds, I'm really excited about them. They are a strain developed by crossing a 70s Oaxacan Mexican with a Nepalese strain. The smell now is something I haven't smelled since I was a kid in the 70s, I can't describe

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They grow fast in full sun, much different than partial shade. They make up time quick.

Sounds like a great hybrid! What is the estimated flowering period on the Purple Satellite? Will it finish with mature flowers?

Old Piney

They grow fast in full sun, much different than partial shade. They make up time quick.

Sounds like a great hybrid! What is the estimated flowering period on the Purple Satellite? Will it finish with mature flowers?
I believe the the last week in September. What I like about your grows is that by having so many smaller plants you have many plants to make selections. What I can't figure out is how the hell you screen those dense patches of plants for peflowers you must look like your playing Twister lol

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, its even tougher when I'm trying to stay off the soil of the patch itself. I try to distribute my weight toward the outside and stretch the plants. Just go down the rows on each side one at a time. You get to know your plants, its cool, they all have character.

Have got good at early ID, use your fingernail to move the preflower and see if its male or female. I wouldn't want to start too much earlier or they would be really lanky by the time they show preflowers I would think. Depends on spacing, earlier plants would need wider spacing.

Some experts say the smaller plants may have better quality flower, but not as high of yield.

Old Piney

Yeah, its even tougher when I'm trying to stay off the soil of the patch itself. I try to distribute my weight toward the outside and stretch the plants. Just go down the rows on each side one at a time. You get to know your plants, its cool, they all have character.

Have got good at early ID, use your fingernail to move the preflower and see if its male or female. I wouldn't want to start too much earlier or they would be really lanky by the time they show preflowers I would think. Depends on spacing, earlier plants would need wider spacing.

Some experts say the smaller plants may have better quality flower, but not as high of yield.
I'm old and beat up with bad knees and a bad back and bad eyes so I just grow M tall and wait till they stare at me

Mahalo85

moose/MI

I look into that I love banana plants going back from when I was a kid, this one is Musa Bosjoo it's very hardy
Ok, you guys are going to have to show me how to grow the bananas! 💕🍌 42°N

My girlfriend grows elephant ears and I have a large container of lemongrass that adds to our tropical back porch feel.
It's also part of my residential visual distraction program for my girls. 😉
I would love to add bananas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240729_105128_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240729_105128_Facebook.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240729_114849.jpg
    20240729_114849.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25