What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

Old Piney

This is this years battle...squirrels keep digging my mounds...i learned that if i make the mulch very thick, they kinda stop. 2yrs ago i tried pepper/seasoning dusted into mulch, 99% sure it did go mobile and ruined my copa genetics smoke...so no pepper/seasoning...i dont wanna chicken wire my mounds...anybody got some ideas?
View attachment 19031322
I don't get it why? What are they digging for? They would probably dig under the chicken wire anyhow. Pellet gun? Live trap and a ride

mudballs

Even in this heat, no ac, no power...i transplanted...only a few left...and 2 mating pairs need to be placed somewhere on property to not polinate group flowering by house
Screenshot_20240712-075033_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240712-075028_Gallery.jpg

mudballs

I don't get it why? What are they digging for? They would probably dig under the chicken wire anyhow. Pellet gun? Live trap and a ride
It's in an unmonitored location behind house...id prefer a passive solution as they just breed and next year new squirrels move into dead squirrels i would shoot spot. They are just robots looking for acorns...big tree that's new to them...maybe it dropped acorns

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I'm not sure what kind of critter would do that. I use chicken wire rings around my plants for rabbits. In my experience bunnies chomp little plants leaving just the stem and seem to leave larger plants alone. I'd still use wire fence to keep whatever away
Yeah, I'm pretty depressed by it all. Gonna wrap them with chick wire today but the damage is done. Plan to fence the area for next year. The animal activity this year is much higher than years past as I have never had this problem. Probably got 20 bunnies around the property this year. Hopefully a few plants makes it to the end or I've spent a bunch of money and time for nothing and will have to spend much more either on product or an indoor grow.

Old Piney

Yeah, I'm pretty depressed by it all. Gonna wrap them with chick wire today but the damage is done. Plan to fence the area for next year. The animal activity this year is much higher than years past as I have never had this problem. Probably got 20 bunnies around the property this year. Hopefully a few plants makes it to the end or I've spent a bunch of money and time for nothing and will have to spend much more either on product or an indoor grow.
I'm really curious about what kind of critter did this .some little rodent just being destructive no doubt

Old Piney

It's in an unmonitored location behind house...id prefer a passive solution as they just breed and next year new squirrels move into dead squirrels i would shoot spot. They are just robots looking for acorns...big tree that's new to them...maybe it dropped acorns
Yeah I know my father used to say squirrels are like the ocean move one out and more just fill in.

mudballs

Sure those are not from rats?
Yes sir...i have voles/moles, tit mice, but not rats...possums and armadillo are very destructive i know em when i see it...it's gotta be the squirrels....rabbits have never done this or touched my plants and actually let me get close to them from so many years of being a non-threat...gotta be them fkn tree rats

mudballs

I have asstons of blackberry...could cut long sections and lay that on top...like barbed wire but then im dealing with thorny shit all the time

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Yes sir...i have voles/moles, tit mice, but not rats...possums and armadillo are very destructive i know em when i see it...it's gotta be the squirrels....rabbits have never done this or touched my plants and actually let me get close to them from so many years of being a non-threat...gotta be them fkn tree rats
It's most definitely squirrels as they dig in my garden at times also. I caught a squirrel digging up my basil that I had just planted. I shoot them and chipmunks on the property to try to keep their numbers down.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Mini fenced around all the remaining plants today. All have damage to some degree but I at least have tried. 1 of the headband was getting attacked by ants so first I sprayed the wounds with 3%peroxide and after it finished bubbling and dried I put some eucalyptus oil on it. Seems to at least gotten rid of the ants.

full

full

full

full

xtsho

Mini fenced around all the remaining plants today. All have damage to some degree but I at least have tried. 1 of the headband was getting attacked by ants so first I sprayed the wounds with 3%peroxide and after it finished bubbling and dried I put some eucalyptus oil on it. Seems to at least gotten rid of the ants.

full

full

full

full
That will keep the rabbits out. Better choice of material than what I suggested. I didn't even think of chicken wire.

Latest posts

Latest posts