What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Try smearing vaseline all over trunk
What's your reasoning behind this? My thinking is it would make them rott by keeping the stems moist. I sprayed the stems a few days ago with lost coast plant wash to try to keep the bugs off and change the smell/flavor. It seems to have helped as nothing else has been damaged since. I think with the extensive heat and wind they just can't heal themselves fast enough. Hopefully the rest are good as its now been a full 7 days since it happened. I'm definitely sad and still shitting myself as I could easily still lose the rest. In uncharted territory for me.

mudballs

What's your reasoning behind this? My thinking is it would make them rott by keeping the stems moist. I sprayed the stems a few days ago with lost coast plant wash to try to keep the bugs off and change the smell/flavor. It seems to have helped as nothing else has been damaged since. I think with the extensive heat and wind they just can't heal themselves fast enough. Hopefully the rest are good as its now been a full 7 days since it happened. I'm definitely sad and still shitting myself as I could easily still lose the rest. In uncharted territory for me.
No, it's just to stop rabbits and save remaining plants...no way a rabbit, or any animal i would think, could sit there and eat a salad with vaseline

xtsho

Lost a plant yesterday and looks like 2 more today because of rabbits eating the bark like a woodchuck.

full

full

full

full

Wrap something around the base of those plants so the rabbits can't get to the stems. Just take a cheap 3 gallon bucket or something, cut it down the side and make a clamshell. Hell some cardboard and duct tape around the stem starting at the ground would probably work. But you better do something before you lose more plants.

mudballs

Wet cardboard against trunk longterm sounds bad voodoo but the jug idea is cool. Im thinking one bite into a vaseline pasted stem and he's gonna go "phlft...plhft...thhhft, blah" and he'll find something else.

xtsho

Wet cardboard against trunk longterm sounds bad voodoo but the jug idea is cool. Im thinking one bite into a vaseline pasted stem and he's gonna go "phlft...plhft...thhhft, blah" and he'll find something else.

Cardboard probably isn't the best thing. But some kind of soft plastic that you could make a cylinder out of. A 2 liter pop bottle. They sell things just for that purpose but it would be easy to fashion one out something.

1720745377123.png

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have seen some weird stem and leaf mutations, but thats a pretty extreme one!. I think when mutants aren't rouged out completely from the population, they an mutate worse on the next round. Have to select out if more than just a small leaf mutation early on.

mudballs

This is this years battle...squirrels keep digging my mounds...i learned that if i make the mulch very thick, they kinda stop. 2yrs ago i tried pepper/seasoning dusted into mulch, 99% sure it did go mobile and ruined my copa genetics smoke...so no pepper/seasoning...i dont wanna chicken wire my mounds...anybody got some ideas?
Screenshot_20240712-065907_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240712-065915_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240712-065915_Gallery.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 25

Holyherb420

Veteran
Did you kill the nest? I thought you had the little ground hornet kind of yellow jackets. What kind of nest do they build ?
I think they are paper wasps but im not sure tbh. I took out a bunch of nests but im not sure if that was all of them. Ive taken to cutting them in half while they sleep.

mudballs

Sorry ive been without power since monday ..im exceeding my boredom capacity and just trying to get this energy out of me

Latest posts

Latest posts