Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 19

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are looking great OldPiney! I was about to ask. Are you top dressing them or doing any feeding?

Yeah the heat is great, it has been hot but really moderated here. Thankfully only topping out in the lower 90's. This week will be cooler. Got a rain sunday morning and some more rain is likely tuesday night and wednesday, then some cooler weather. Great growing conditions! Long days with lots of sun and warm nights keeps them moving.

Saw some early preflower primordia. Was too small to see. May start identifying next week on a couple of them.

Sativa Candy Chunk F15 after some rain. :smoke:
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah seems like its a challenge putting out big plants. Have to time it so they don't revegetate, but want them to be in the ground before a lot of heat. Glad they are making themselves at home. Going to be a good yield this year! Those are pretty bushy. What type of staking do you plan on doing?

I'm going to start staking with just single stakes and baling twine early september as the plants start to get top heavy after that. Mature flowers get heavy in a rain! Then the wind blows them over.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Yeah seems like its a challenge putting out big plants. Have to time it so they don't revegetate, but want them to be in the ground before a lot of heat. Glad they are making themselves at home. Going to be a good yield this year! Those are pretty bushy. What type of staking do you plan on doing?

I'm going to start staking with just single stakes and baling twine early september as the plants start to get top heavy after that. Mature flowers get heavy in a rain! Then the wind blows them over.
I start with 1 stake per plant to pull branches around for training which I started the day I put them in the ground. I'll trellis them end of august - beginning of September for the flowers. My thinking is to let the branches get as strong as they can on their own before flower starts so I don't like to support them early. Down side is bad storms can break them sometimes but as long as they aren't broken all the way they'll come back stronger. Good luck

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When the flowers get heavy and get a kinked stem, they can survive but also will mold easier. Best to build sturdy stems as much as possible by allowing to grow without support. Wind resistance helps strengthen stems.

marmarb

Finally made it back out these are fem auto gg4 a member sent me a few packs and I inbred them again using sts so now I have a few thousand from the original 5 seeds. Moving along got the ryobi auger its hit and miss I dug out 8" by 12" holes amended with water crystals and osomote. Limited protection just some repellents for smaller critters. I know I need to protect from deer but didn't feel like lugging it in I'm sure I'll pay for it. I'll grab some coyote granules.

Attachments

• 20240623_071127.jpg
    20240623_071127.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can I ask why are they over pallets? Is it for drainage? Asking to know if I should do the same. Have seen various people doing it outdoors.
Pallets have a couple benefits when using to support plants. Its a good level surface and also helps keep the roots from growing into the ground.
Finally made it back out these are fem auto gg4 a member sent me a few packs and I inbred them again using sts so now I have a few thousand from the original 5 seeds. Moving along got the ryobi auger its hit and miss I dug out 8" by 12" holes amended with water crystals and osomote. Limited protection just some repellents for smaller critters. I know I need to protect from deer but didn't feel like lugging it in I'm sure I'll pay for it. I'll grab some coyote granules.
Those are going to be delicious! I like our style! Did you find roots with our auger or were you able to dig pretty well with it?

marmarb

Fast forward 1 week lost about half of the starts I put out definitely was deer disrespectful lol he ate my seedlings and took a shit in the hole. Not all bad though couple wins 1 I'm able to tap into a small creek and get water delivered directly to the site not sure if it'll run all summer but it survived the drought so should be okay gonna maybe figure out how to store maybe 100 gallons just in case
1000030611.jpg

Attachments

• 20240625_160622.jpg
    20240625_160622.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 10

marmarb

Pallets have a couple benefits when using to support plants. Its a good level surface and also helps keep the roots from growing into the ground.

Those are going to be delicious! I like our style! Did you find roots with our auger or were you able to dig pretty well with it?
Yea it did okay with roots I guess it's a bit heavy though maybe I though it would be more like a hot knife through butter lol battery did hold up though cut my time in about half from a previous season in same location. Not sure if a gas one would've Done much better.

marmarb

Rude way of saying stay out of his shit lol. The plan was to maybe get 2 cycles of autos done but we'll see still time to see I would like to run some casey Jones open pollination. At 45 n I should still be able to put out for another 6 weeks and get decent veg time before flowering. Water looks pretty good though.
1000030610.jpg

Attachments

• 20240625_160939.jpg
    20240625_160939.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 9