Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1718906378157.png

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guerilla Composter (for thirdd round seedlingk)
Got a nice healthy mix, been cooking for a couple weeks, I'll give a light mist of water and kelp here and there.
Approx ingredients.....
3 cuft lightly limed peat
4cuft native top soil
2 cuft aged horse manure and straw
.75 cuft Hummus
3 gal bucket of shitty native clay (idk why)
....fortified with
Cottonseed meal (lightly)
Jones organics bloom 3-5-4
Used Columbian coffee (a bit)

View attachment 19018394

Got round 2 out, mostly sativa candy chunk
View attachment 19018399
Was a tough morning, really wet out.
View attachment 19018401
Check this jawbone....seen a few bear tracks, lots of turkeys and nearly had a big doe trample me, we were both startled, haha, I had a doob hanging out my mouth. Yes!
View attachment 19018403
Lots of mushrooms and huge snails in this forest as well.
View attachment 19018404

Natural spring and natural clay, I kinda made a clay rock, holds my funnel and hose in place, gotta mesh screen, but really not needed. As the water stays completely clear. Just for shits I done a ppm check .. read 0?
View attachment 19018407 if I was diligent (which I'm not) the end of this hose would fill my 60 gallon res, but...I started late! Got a on off valve at end for filling jugs.
Round 3 goes out next weekend, shiskaberry and KC 33, and my signature Afghan Skunk.

Got some infrastructure,now I need bigger plants, a lot bigger.

Happy Sunday everyone!

-outlaw
What was in your mix? Maybe it was too high N with the horse manure and burnt the seedlings. Sounds like thats probably what it was.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing but those spiders that fold leaves in half for eggs and the occasional grasshopper, but those grasshoppers will take alot...caterpillars come closer to end of the summer.
I have seen those spiders fold leaves, but are they past the threshold to need to spray for them? Aren't spiders a predator and are somewhat beneficial?

Insecticide applications may harm beneficial predatory insects so they should only be used as needed when pests reach certain thresholds.

Maria Sanchez

Day 91

PXL_20240620_233050984.jpg

Back: one L'n'L Jones female (center), two female Grail (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican (back left and right)
Left side: one revegging Grail lady, NLD pheno
Right bottom: two revegging SSSTN girls, Sticky and Fluffy (looks biggest because closest to camera)

The revegging SSSTN and Grail plant are now over 8 months old, first sown in early October 2023.

All Connoisseur Genetics, Grail x ThaiFrican is my own pollination.

mudballs

I have seen those spiders fold leaves, but are they past the threshold to need to spray for them? Aren't spiders a predator and are somewhat beneficial?

Insecticide applications may harm beneficial predatory insects so they should only be used as needed when pests reach certain thresholds.
I don't have beneficial predators...and I'm not doing a huge field....this plant is gonna make it and to hell with any munchers looking for a free meal. No the spiders aren't a problem accept visually unappealing but i included them in the list of what i have

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like a few chances for rain in the next few days thanks to God's grace. We need it with this heat! Drought may show up later in the summer. The drought forecast that predicted development was through Sept 30.

1719069570956.gif

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 91

PXL_20240620_233050984.jpg

Back: one L'n'L Jones female (center), two female Grail (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican (back left and right)
Left side: one revegging Grail lady, NLD pheno
Right bottom: two revegging SSSTN girls, Sticky and Fluffy (looks biggest because closest to camera)

The revegging SSSTN and Grail plant are now over 8 months old, first sown in early October 2023.

All Connoisseur Genetics, Grail x ThaiFrican is my own pollination.

Fancy crosses, looks like some good plants! The revegged ones should yield well with such a large root mass. Thanks for sharing! When do they start to flower?

Maria Sanchez

Fancy crosses, looks like some good plants! The revegged ones should yield well with such a large root mass. Thanks for sharing! When do they start to flower?
These are OJD's crosses, except the Grail x ThaiFrican, which are both originally his, I pollinated last round.
If I can keep up with the watering and feeding, they could yield a good result.
On track to be my biggest plants yet.
Only bigger ones were my first proper grow indoors, early '90s.
Let them veg for like 10 weeks or something, seeds were my local sativa outdoor plants.
They were soon hitting the ceiling! I didn't know how to top them.
Hmm, now that I think of it, I've had a few later that got crazy like that, too, haha.
But last few years, I keep them short and discrete.

The original plan was that they'd be flowering now.
I'm subtropics, today is 13.5/10.5, and I've grown some sativas flowering through June-July before.
Planted in ... late March, and the revegged plants started October last year, harvested around ... Feb to March over winter.
Hopefully they'll move to flowering soon.
I think the L'n'L Jones will go first, more indica in her.
(Her sister already flowered and harvested a week ago.)
If they start flowering in July, I may get to harvest around ... Oct to Nov, 12-16 weeks for these girls.
But if they go into Dec or Jan, it's all good with me.
Oct and Nov will have been sun, though, keep the VPD up, and the mold away.

Maria Sanchez

These are OJD's crosses, except the Grail x ThaiFrican, which are both originally his, I pollinated last round.
If I can keep up with the watering and feeding, they could yield a good result.
On track to be my biggest plants yet.
Only bigger ones were my first proper grow indoors, early '90s.
Let them veg for like 10 weeks or something, seeds were my local sativa outdoor plants.
They were soon hitting the ceiling! I didn't know how to top them.
Hmm, now that I think of it, I've had a few later that got crazy like that, too, haha.
But last few years, I keep them short and discrete.

The original plan was that they'd be flowering now.
I'm subtropics, today is 13.5/10.5, and I've grown some sativas flowering through June-July before.
Planted in ... late March, and the revegged plants started October last year, harvested around ... Feb to March over winter.
Hopefully they'll move to flowering soon.
I think the L'n'L Jones will go first, more indica in her.
(Her sister already flowered and harvested a week ago.)
If they start flowering in July, I may get to harvest around ... Oct to Nov, 12-16 weeks for these girls.
But if they go into Dec or Jan, it's all good with me.
Oct and Nov will have been sun, though, keep the VPD up, and the mold away.

Maria Sanchez

That hillside perspective is stunning and inspirational, Ms. Sanchez. I turn green with envy whenever Is see a fellow gardener who is free to plant monster cannabis trees right outside their home. Sure hope I live to enjoy that freedom before my hair turns grey.
Oh man! Thanks for the rep, but these are not right outside my home.
These are hidden away, behind locked fences and through a cave of bats (no joke, see my journal!), among a few rows of long abandoned apartment buildings.
Looks kind of surreal, though, huh?
How are your swamp girls these days?

Maria Sanchez

Drought prevention is apart of site preparation water 2 tablespoon of water crystal in a 8"x12" and you shouldn't have a worry.
I've used those in the past, and still have some.
But last time I used it, but soil went weird, got super hard, and I suspect those water crystals were a factor.
Or do you mean a 8" x 12" drip tray underneath?

Rodehazrd

Nothing but those spiders that fold leaves in half for eggs and the occasional grasshopper, but those grasshoppers will take alot...caterpillars come closer to end of the summer.
Do you know a way to deal with the worm duky in August? I’m under oak’s and one worm crap can ruin a bud. I get mold on the spots.
We get agrabond for beds let’s in 80% light and passes rain I’ve covered tomatoes with it to keep the moths off. Seemed ok.

mudballs

Do you know a way to deal with the worm duky in August? I’m under oak’s and one worm crap can ruin a bud. I get mold on the spots.
We get agrabond for beds let’s in 80% light and passes rain I’ve covered tomatoes with it to keep the moths off. Seemed ok.
Plant Therapy by Lost Coast is organic and i do fine with a knockoff recipe i mix at home. It is more of an inhibitor than actually killing all mold.

Rodehazrd

Plant Therapy by Lost Coast is organic and i do fine with a knockoff recipe i mix at home. It is more of an inhibitor than actually killing all mold.
Thanks for the info.So you spray routinely to prevent mold. I used green clean one year with good results overall but still lost some buds to the worm spots. Baking soda helped about the same for way less money. I’m high on a ridge so I miss a lot of the morning fog and heavy dews folks get in the bottoms.

Latest posts

Latest posts