What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

el mani

Veteran
full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah lay the container down on its side. I was just about to say that. Sometimes may have to shake a little bit upside down to get the root ball to break loose. Be gentle. Hopefully you don't break any branches, but at this stage there is still a little time to recover. Do the transplant earlier next year.

Looking great revegetta! Nice group of indicas! Speaking of transplants, what size are those containers? Are they going to be flowered in those? I guess thats why they call it pot. Would possibly yield better quality flower in a 300 L. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful foliage, El Mani! Companion planting eggplant with cannabis, I bet it helps keep the heat down for them.

What plant are we looking at there? Nice healthy leaves, starting to expand out big!

40degsouth

Nice show everyone. 👍👍
Looks like you’ve got a bit of a problem there Hashlife. One suggestion for you to consider and something l actually used to do, just with much smaller pots, was to cut the bottom out of them and use the bottom as the top. If you put something like newspaper, an old cotton sheet or burlap/hessian, with a rubber band around the pot or tie it off with string, you can then plant it directly, without damaging the roots and no transplant shock; as long as everything lines up of course and the pot slides off without any drama. This is also an idea I’ve been toying with in order to prevent fusarium and stem rot moving forward; by just sitting the pot on top of the mounds and allowing the roots to naturally grow into them.
So for your problem, if you can get a bucket or log of wood to sit the pot on, that’s taller than the pot itself, or thereabouts,, then cut the bottom out of the pot, with a grinder or something and then slide the pot down and lift it into the hole, with help. Try putting two ratchet straps underneath in order to pick it up easily. Rope’s ok but can slide off if one person moves in a jerky or unexpected way 😉😉
Next year get a piece of board, for the pot to sit on, drill some holes and put some rope in them for handles.
Anyway, here the winter trials have started. The Blackdog bx3’s look pretty good, at least the ones that have popped, it’s the same soil I’ve been using for years and is full of horrible stuff like damping off. I’m not really doing the best thing to observe germination rates but I know the plants that make it through are really tough. I’ve actually just done a second round of planting because I actually only got 16 out of 100.
The bx2 ix1’s were much more successful but they are not what I’m looking for. The small seed kind of gave it away and yeah, they’ve leaned more towards the sativa side so, instead of growing them out I’m going to eat the sprouts in a ham and cheese sandwich and plant the( Blackdog x AOG f5) bx1’s. The f1 male dropped a huge amount of pollen and had really tight floral clusters. This is the next line to work with for a recombinant IBL. It’ll be interesting to see how they do under the natural, low light conditions of winter
AFAB027D-491A-49CB-B651-2969D3F7673C.jpeg
C3BF2756-9382-44AC-ADC3-EF77D189EB23.jpeg
And don’t forget……..gardening’s supposed to be fun. 🤗
35F63620-17F6-4965-95B9-900D45088931.jpeg
Keep up the great work everyone,
Cheers,

Hillbilly69

Nice show everyone. 👍👍
Looks like you’ve got a bit of a problem there Hashlife. One suggestion for you to consider and something l actually used to do, just with much smaller pots, was to cut the bottom out of them and use the bottom as the top. If you put something like newspaper, an old cotton sheet or burlap/hessian, with a rubber band around the pot or tie it off with string, you can then plant it directly, without damaging the roots and no transplant shock; as long as everything lines up of course and the pot slides off without any drama. This is also an idea I’ve been toying with in order to prevent fusarium and stem rot moving forward; by just sitting the pot on top of the mounds and allowing the roots to naturally grow into them.
So for your problem, if you can get a bucket or log of wood to sit the pot on, that’s taller than the pot itself, or thereabouts,, then cut the bottom out of the pot, with a grinder or something and then slide the pot down and lift it into the hole, with help. Try putting two ratchet straps underneath in order to pick it up easily. Rope’s ok but can slide off if one person moves in a jerky or unexpected way 😉😉
Next year get a piece of board, for the pot to sit on, drill some holes and put some rope in them for handles.
Anyway, here the winter trials have started. The Blackdog bx3’s look pretty good, at least the ones that have popped, it’s the same soil I’ve been using for years and is full of horrible stuff like damping off. I’m not really doing the best thing to observe germination rates but I know the plants that make it through are really tough. I’ve actually just done a second round of planting because I actually only got 16 out of 100.
The bx2 ix1’s were much more successful but they are not what I’m looking for. The small seed kind of gave it away and yeah, they’ve leaned more towards the sativa side so, instead of growing them out I’m going to eat the sprouts in a ham and cheese sandwich and plant the( Blackdog x AOG f5) bx1’s. The f1 male dropped a huge amount of pollen and had really tight floral clusters. This is the next line to work with for a recombinant IBL. It’ll be interesting to see how they do under the natural, low light conditions of winter View attachment 18865305 View attachment 18865303 And don’t forget……..gardening’s supposed to be fun. 🤗 View attachment 18865306 Keep up the great work everyone,
Cheers,
Lol! I do that all the time, here’s a recent one, used mushroom for eyes...
20220426_175828.jpg

Lrus007

Veteran
well is staying short like i want. is getting quite
wide now. leafs seem to droop in the sun. like
it is to bright. should bud nicely. ok in 1 of the
photo's you can see a 5 gal bucket. i call it a pee
bucket. 3-4" from bottom is a 1/4" hole. it puts out
a nice pee stream into trough around plant. it takes
a while to empty. but it deep waters the plant.
put a rock into bucket so it don't move and aim
the stream into the trough. also you can hear if
bottom hole is clogged. if so poke a wire to clear.
used to do it for new fruit trees there 1st summer. thought i would share that. the trough when i planted plant i put plant on a mound a little bit then made a trough around it. that way stem is above water line if you filled the trough. also makes for easy watering.
:)
DSCN4148.JPG
DSCN4142.JPG

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Wow what an incredible looking plant! Absolutely beautiful. Where could someone get their hands on a cut of that? I’m in love with the blue.

Some update pics on my outdoor: View attachment 18865180 View attachment 18865182 View attachment 18865185 View attachment 18865187
thank you. I like her too, it is called Juicy Woo, look to my album for more pics. I am afraid that nowhere... there were some seeds of it available, but not right now...

nice plants, happy growing!

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
My twin San Pedros (around 9ft - 3m tall) flowering for the last time this year.

Yesterday at sunset.
IMG_20230715_101320.jpg

This morning.
IMG_20230715_115710.jpg

Tomorrow morning they will all die and start to rot. Kind of sad but also makes it cooler in a way I think 🙃

Also for the first time since I transplanted then from my previous house, they are going to give me a few babies. Rooting in their new garden has been a challenge but these new growths confirm that they are feeling at home.
IMG_20230715_093723.jpg

Clementina cut hanging out in my tomato field. Can't let her grow much bigger for stealth reasons.
IMG_20230715_094031.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had to work into the night, but got everything done. Checked through and culled a few more males, removed diseased leaves, fertilized with cottonseed meal, and watered with 100 gallons! Got a little rain on the way this morning to top it up. :smoke: :smoke:

Found a couple more males so now we have 5 instead of 3! There is a good male next to the champion which will for sure drop pollen on time and also another one in the front by male #3! So it will be nice 2 of them are next to each other and are on the edge so I can lean them out and let the females utilize the space!

PTK has one plant with a little stem mutation, just a bump and a little irregular looking at the top, but it seems to be growing out of it. I usually cull these plants, but leaving it since its not too bad and seems to be growing out of it. Could be insect damage sometimes causing abnormal growth, but I think this is a mutation.

Will get some new pics soon, plants are at 6 ft and moving now!!! Warm weather and sunshine did the trick! May get them in around 9 ft this year! Lots of females, the plants were happy so ratio is HIGH, we're PACKED! Hoping more males show soon to help space things out a little bit, but they look good and aren't too lanky, the plants know what to do. :smoke:

full

full

Male 3 on Left Male 4 on R

full

Champion on the Right Male 5 on left

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My twin San Pedros (around 9ft - 3m tall) flowering for the last time this year.

Yesterday at sunset.
View attachment 18865714

This morning.
View attachment 18865715

Tomorrow morning they will all die and start to rot. Kind of sad but also makes it cooler in a way I think 🙃

Also for the first time since I transplanted then from my previous house, they are going to give me a few babies. Rooting in their new garden has been a challenge but these new growths confirm that they are feeling at home.
View attachment 18865716

Clementina cut hanging out in my tomato field. Can't let her grow much bigger for stealth reasons.
View attachment 18865717
CBD #1-Clementina getting big! Could just pinch the terminal growing points on all the branches. Its about as late as I would ever want to do it though now. I like them to keep their momentum for stretch.

Thats great, amazing flower display on a cactus! I love growing desert plants, used to have some succulents growing. Is that a true cactus? What species is it?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good tip on the pot on pot 40, I forgot about that, although its a little goofy and could become top heavy in thunderstorms. Loving the little funny faces, it does heal the soul quite well! Pretty goofy little peppers! I need to weed my peppers today. Need to try to get my peppers to produce, I want some funny faces! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Cannabis Breeding Part 3 Breaking Down The Fillial Generations w Examples Blueberry & More S08 E11​

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Love the San Pedro!. I have several but not as tall; not yet flowered though🙁.

I've never had too much trouble with starting off cuttings. I just let them dry in the sun for a week or so and then plant them where I want them, water them in well and forget about them; perhaps another watering a few weeks later.

Do you use yours? If yet to use my own but have twice tried other's brew.
At some point, I'd like to do a little extraction.😉

The Clementina looking awesome!

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Is that a true cactus? What species is it?
They are San Pedros. Mescaline producing cacti.

Do you use yours? If yet to use my own but have twice tried other's brew.
At some point, I'd like to do a little extraction.😉
No I haven't! Never tried a real brew or seen it cooked. If I took a chunk out of them, I would get it from the Mrs as well 🙈 you should have seen what a nightmare it was to transplant them haha.

I had a few mescaline capsules when I was younger and that's it, we used mushrooms and LSD a lot more often. Nowadays I don't do psychedelics very often. Occasionally a friend will give me mushrooms grown by him and I'll spend the weekend in the mountain just enjoying nature. It's a good time.

How big do you let them grow before taking a cutting? I should still wait around I month ii imagine?

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I rarely do psychedelics these days; perhaps once or twice a year.

I've only ever taken it twice and never had it in isolated form (I'd like to try it though). I did do a Dmt extraction a while back and still have quite a bit left.
Now that's a different ball game all altogether!

I've never used the new side growth, but once it's 10cm long it should be good.

I usually take a tall plant and chop it into several pieces of about 10-15cm long and let the wounds dry well in the stupidly hot sun. (A pleasant 38 today, but getting hot again in a few days! 😂).

The old plant will sprout 2 or 3 new growths from the cut.

I put the cuttings in situ once they are dry.
I had a friend who does a lot of ceremonies and he puts his cuttings in pots, again after letting the wounds dry well.

I did have some peyote buttons that I'd had going for a few years, but the heavy rains of last winter did for them. My own fault really as I'd not cleared the accumulated undergrowth around them and the excess moisture was to much.
I ought to go a get a few more.

Did you know that having San Pedro growing near the doorway is supposed to keep bad spirits/energy away? 🙂. I guess the same applies to peyote.🙂

Last edited:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
A pleasant 38 degrees lmao. I haven't seen temps go over 33 so far this year. Can't say I envy you 😃
Did you know that having San Pedro growing near the doorway is supposed to keep bad spirits/energy away?
Well in that case mine seem to be broken 🤷‍♂️😂

edit - @Hombre del mont I went to look in the back of my closet to find this hoodie that I keep as a memory of a time when me and my friends were more adventurous.
IMG_20230715_160549.jpg

Last edited: