What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Blue love
full

full

full

Dj,s BB x chimera guerrero
very nice!

blues x thaihaze

full

Ca++

Average month by month DLI in 'your' back garden

Very roughly speaking, every 10 moles, is about 250ppfd for 12 hours. So we really want 20 moles or more. 40 moles is a high indoor target. That 10 is barely veg.

Hashislife

Hi friends,
I would need advice, I managed to have 300l pots, but I have a lot of trouble transplanting from 100L to 300L pots. with a friend we succeeded from 50L to 180L, but the soil of the 100L pots is very compact and does not come out.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
(X18 x PTK) x Uzbek lechugona pechugona
IMG_20230712_094600.jpg

@Hashislife what kind of pot is it? Plastic? Can you post a picture of it? It should help if you could stick a thin/sharp object between the pot and the soil, and manually separate them. If not possible, you can cut some of the outer soil, the plant will not like it but the roots should regrow in time before flower.

Last edited:

Hashislife

View attachment 18864506

@Hashislife what kind of pot is it? Plastic? Can you post a picture of it? It should help if you could stick a thin/sharp object between the pot and the soil, and manually separate them. If not possible, you can cut some of the outer soil, the plant will not like it but the roots should regrow in time before flower.
Thank you for your fast answer, now it's the night, tomorrow I make you some pics 😉

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We would transplant large containers at the nursery, and they were fabric so we were able to cut the container for easy transplant.

Nice indica hybrid there! How many of those are you running? Will be cool to see what turns up in that!

Loving all the blueberry stuff. There is a blueberry thread please check it out and post up your pics/reports there if you want! :smoke:

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Yesterday I was tallying up how many containers I have and how many starts I have that aren't in their final homes yet and I realized I probably have space for a few more, so I floated some Swazi BX3s that were made last year with an early flowering Swazi BX2 male. Its probably not an early enough start or enough seeds to find any early flowering BX3s, but I'm still hoping to maybe get some pollen to freeze and to have some outdoor plants around that can hang out until November or maybe even December.

Attachments

• swazi bx3.jpg
    swazi bx3.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 37

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am only temporarily in a legal state. I’m an iron worker Whose work takes me all over. I’m a bridge builder working in Detroit. Home is paradise and I can only pray the laws move in our favor down south.
Deep chunk is one of the most interesting variety to look at imo It’s what I think of when I think indica. You have gorgeous gardens. I look forward to seeing your work
Anyone hear from this guy? Sent him some seed back in early winter because he was so interested in the Sativa Candy Chunk, and he hasn't been back since Jan 19, 2022.

He sent me some BC Pine warp which didn't have germination success.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@therevverend , this year I am having a mono cropping method employed for broader selection of expressions. The photo is from June last week, they are good 3/4 ft in height and will gain as much as they can because they flower earlier and most of em finishes from mid Sep and few towards 1st week October.

View attachment 18861568

Mine were a bit slow to start too. But once they got going....they arw going!

K3B

View attachment 18862096

View attachment 18862097

View attachment 18862098

View attachment 18862099

View attachment 18862106

mm

The gilgit #2 really reminds me of like a Tahoe og or other stretcher kushes I've grown

All the them are Body odor, onions and garlic

G2

View attachment 18862110

View attachment 18862112

View attachment 18862113

View attachment 18862114

View attachment 18862115

View attachment 18862116

View attachment 18862117

mm

ost

Hey everyone,
Thanks Old Piney, I’m really happy you’ve enjoyed the photos. I must admit that I really love looking at everyone’s pictures over my morning coffee; there’s just something about seeing beautiful plants, bathed in summer sun to kick my dopamine off and get me off to a great start. I do like big plants and the challenge of growing them but l limit it to five or so these days and that’s enough for me and for all the “just in cases” that can pop up in lives.
That’s great to hear Thereverand.
I liked the Goji but the Goji Egg is just a beautiful, open og. As for the Wam Wams, they will all be hitting harvest window by the end of March/September. There were much earlier phenos bud I culled them out because they triggered to flower from a late September/March pop; meaning, with a later planting they would of already finished. The vigour and stretch were as described and if we hadn’t of had such an awful start to the season they would of had the real potential to hit 12 feet tall, plus.
The pheno variation is a bit extreme but the resistance and flowering times are on point, which is all l ask for. I also really liked how Bradley warned me how big they can get because I’ve been caught out badly in the past by expecting a plant to only grow six feet and had them do ten plus which also means the spacings were way off too.
And just for you Old Piney, a couple of night photos of the big Wam Wam. I found a bit of caterpillar damage on the Wam Wams and expected to find them of a night, which I did. This is why sacrificial plants are a good thing to distract walk ins from going straight to your plants. BT takes about three days to kill caterpillars and they can do a lot of damage in that time but if they can spend a day or two on something like this celery then you’ve reduced damage significantly.
View attachment 18821677 View attachment 18821670 View attachment 18821673
this is somthing i will put in the notebook for next outie!

ost

Great looking tree with pretty purple flowers. Looks like its gonna be a big job when it comes time to manicure it, all that work keeps a guy really busy and prevents you from smoking your whole stash too rapidly. I was lazy last fall and bagged up a lot of my harvest without finishing the job, put myself on the trim-as-you-go plan. Six months later and I'm still trimming, about 2 or 3 grams as day.
i just rake the worst off and burn the rest. ;)

Hashislife

View attachment 18864506

Hey friend, I have made some pics
IMG_20230713_213416.jpg

Here the 100l
IMG_20230713_213450.jpg

You can't see it because I have put some new ground the last week but the 2/3 it's a very compact block of ground, isn't just compact, it's it's very pressed to the pot, and the plant don't want pull out the pot.
IMG_20230713_213420.jpg

The 300L pot

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Hey friend, I have made some pics
View attachment 18865101
Here the 100l
View attachment 18865103
You can't see it because I have put some new ground the last week but the 2/3 it's a very compact block of ground, isn't just compact, it's it's very pressed to the pot, and the plant don't want pull out the pot.
View attachment 18865102
The 300L pot
If you can lay the plant down and roll the pot on the ground pressing on it, maybe that could help the roots separate from the plastic? 🤷‍♂️

el mani

Veteran
Thank you I go to try that 😉😁
As the colleague @revegeta666 points out, lay the pot on its side and turn it carefully by pressing.
When you lay it down, look at the drainage holes. And if the roots have come out there. If so, cut them out and clean them. A few blows at the base will help to detach the root ball.
If the plant is very large or delicate you can put a bridle made with a large garbage bag to tie it.
it happens to me often.