What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
What CBD Strain are you running Revegetta?

Pollinators and beneficial predatory wasps are happy as can be! Making themself at home! :smoke:
It's the CBD strain from ace seeds. The name of the strain is CBD#1 which is so lame I'm calling it Clementina because that's what it tastes like 🙃

The cross is Cannatonic x Erdpurt. I grew a few of them indoors last winter, sent the 3 nicest ones for testing to make sure they were low in THC, then my mom tried them out and liked this one best. She had some tooth issues for a couple of weeks and she was surprised how much vaping this plant helped the inflammation and the tooth ache. I want to grow the clone big enough to make a few topical products as well.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a vapor brothers vaporizer. Does it work to smoke it or do you have to smoke a lot of it? I bet it tastes good still.

I have some spagyric extract cbd salve, that would be nice to grow it myself. Would really like to have some for my dog's hip and I take CBD every evening and it helps me sleep deep.

You can grow CBD Cannabis Hemp in this state, you just need a license and can only sell to a processing company for extract/ edibles.

laszlokovacs

Weathers been dismal, rain and cloudy for the past 10 days and for the next 10. C99 crosses drowned in the rain, good thing I started more seeds before then anyway. hopefully things turn around but the rain is probably needed

Got 6 in my full term spot in the ground by now, running behind and trying to amend stuff best I can on my budget. I think im gonna add some more plants too, not expecting a whole lot this year but looking forward to the ride. I need to finish working out a third plot for some of these seed pops, just been busy working on this space. Because of the rain I pulled out this tree root like it was nothing by hand. Tilling and amending by hand is a pain when dry w a pickax and shovel otherwise.

IMG_6192 2.JPG

Settling in
IMG_6160 2.JPG

Slowly increasing the sizes of the holes over the next few weeks before the roots grow too much-trying to make some rows/channels for the plants and channels for the water.
IMG_6193 2.JPG

Used to love finding these red efts in the woods when I was a kid. Between the toads in this plot and these guys im thankful for the help eating all the bugs that hang out here.
IMG_6201.JPG

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We did get the hail! Some light to moderate damage, but its not too bad. There were a few shot holes in the leaves, some broken leaf petioles, and a couple damaged growing points. Watered again, so they shouldn't miss a beat. The rain helped to prewet the garden and the water soaked in much better.

Saw a bald eagle and a turkey on the way out there. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weathers been dismal, rain and cloudy for the past 10 days and for the next 10. C99 crosses drowned in the rain, good thing I started more seeds before then anyway. hopefully things turn around but the rain is probably needed

Got 6 in my full term spot in the ground by now, running behind and trying to amend stuff best I can on my budget. I think im gonna add some more plants too, not expecting a whole lot this year but looking forward to the ride. I need to finish working out a third plot for some of these seed pops, just been busy working on this space. Because of the rain I pulled out this tree root like it was nothing by hand. Tilling and amending by hand is a pain when dry w a pickax and shovel otherwise.

View attachment 18858442
Settling in
View attachment 18858441

Slowly increasing the sizes of the holes over the next few weeks before the roots grow too much-trying to make some rows/channels for the plants and channels for the water.
View attachment 18858443
Used to love finding these red efts in the woods when I was a kid. Between the toads in this plot and these guys im thankful for the help eating all the bugs that hang out here. View attachment 18858444
If the ground there doesn't drain real well, it may be good to mound up soil around the base of the plants as much as you can to create a raised bed. This will provide more air in the soil. The plants shouldn't drown out in heavy rain unless they're in a large puddle, and there will be more room for roots to develop.

Looking great! plant them all up! For cheap fertilizer, dehydrated chicken manure compost is very cheap. It goes a long way because application rate is so low, but be careful not to burn with it. Don't use chicken manure past about mid July so if it burns a little, the plants have time to recover before flower stacking.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was beautiful nice clear weather yesterday and then a line of thunderstorms developed and there were tornado warnings. Tornado touched down in the county next to us and did some damage. Storms went away and it was clear blue sky again. Came out of no where!

Don't want to be caught out in the field with one of those! Could have at least been pelted with a bunch of hail. Be careful out there guys! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After 9 months of curing Lebanese 2022 I declare it a wonderful strain ;).
She smells wonderfully like orange and lemon and mango and more.
She is really potent, although it's a short time high, the shortest I know, which is really convenient to have.
But already before smoking it, I was mesmerized by watching such a fast plant develop arm long colas during 10 weeks of flowering.
Look how "tropical" this early sativa looks. In the background you can see a Purple Satellite - only two weeks behind the Lebanese.
Harvest was on this day, 28th of September on latitude 48 (Vienna)
Plus a not so good close up

View attachment 18852810

View attachment 18852806

Thanks a lot for your feedback @Perdido :tiphat: means a lot to me coming from an educated landrace sativa lover like you! Such vigorous, high yielding, mostly green expressions of citric-mango terpenes are my favorite within this Lebanese line. Happy to hear it finished so early late Sept at your Northern latitude, almost at the same time than here at 37ºN, its semi auto tendencies really work well for all type of outdoor growers from very different locations, environments and latitudes.

Good luck with your Lebanese girl and male @wuluz ;)

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
✓
Veteran

View attachment 18858442
Settling in
View attachment 18858441

View attachment 18858443
Used to love finding these red efts in the woods when I was a kid. Between the toads in this plot and these guys im thankful for the help eating all the bugs that hang out here. View attachment 18858444
11C7CFF5-A1D2-467B-B6F1-AA4D4005A574.jpeg
18DEC619-682B-45AA-A389-06E45B94D547.jpeg
EC98F013-CBF1-44E1-9D15-6DD11E82D8BD.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, I've never seen those red kneuts. We have shiny metallic blue ones which are hard to get a picture of they are so fast. They like to sit out in sunny places most of the time.

laszlokovacs

If the ground there doesn't drain real well, it may be good to mound up soil around the base of the plants as much as you can to create a raised bed. This will provide more air in the soil. The plants shouldn't drown out in heavy rain unless they're in a large puddle, and there will be more room for roots to develop.

Looking great! plant them all up! For cheap fertilizer, dehydrated chicken manure compost is very cheap. It goes a long way because application rate is so low, but be careful not to burn with it. Don't use chicken manure past about mid July so if it burns a little, the plants have time to recover before flower stacking.
Thank you! Yeah thats kind of the plan, you cant tell in the pic but the middle of the plot is naturally raised anyway, and that row of soil to the left is a couple inches higher then the rest now. Drainage is decent i guess but can always improve. A few weeks ago I got an unlimited supply of aged compost and have started dumping in the plot and around the holes last weekend- about a half yard so far, gonna be dumping and working that in for the next few weeks

Need to finish making bone meal from a deer skeleton too and apply that but I also added about a cup each of N, P & K chem ferts to every planting hole so with the compost mixed in the holes and topdressed they should have some food for a bit once they start growing.

I gotta buy a couple more things before the season ends. I still have some neptunes harvest left over too which I will feed. Chicken manure is probably a great idea, i used some organic gardening amendments last year that worked well, a lot of them are chicken manure based i think. I may pic some up I just dont see it all that often in store but could be worth tracking down.
Wow, I've never seen those red kneuts. We have shiny metallic blue ones which are hard to get a picture of they are so fast. They like to sit out in sunny places most of the time.
Theyre the juvenile stage of eastern newts. When theyre adults they live exclusively in the water and turn a boring reptile yellow/blue colors. Theyre only orange in this stage and only live on land when theyre young. Theyre all over new york for sure.

therevverend

Veteran
I'm not trying to debate or start an argument but properly grown indoor under hps or CMH if superior to outdoor hands down.

Now I do find older folks tend to like outdoor more because it's lower in THC an they can smoke it all day long. This is actual facts my older 60-65yr old neighbors tell me. My indoor was just too strong for them
'not trying to start a debate or argument' which leads to 'older folk tend to like outdoor because it's weaker' which then leads to 'my indoor is too strong for them'. On a thread about growing outdoor plants.

I'm not 'trying to be insulting' but you sound like a jackass. Your weak decrepit senior citizens would fill their diapers and cower in fear behind their wheelchairs if they took one hit of my fuckin outdoor. It's likely it would kick your indoors' ass too. My outdoor is some of the best ganja on the planet.

I'm not the only one growing fantastic ganja outside either. It's been done since long before Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. Doesn't matter if it's grown inside or outside, good ganja is good ganja. If your outdoor is the weak stuff you throw to the oldies you should either move somewhere with better weather, get better seeds adapted to your climate, and/or learn to grow the good stuff.

Growing 'potent' ganja indoors is easy; growing fantastic ganja indoors isn't easy. Growing ganja outdoors is easy; growing potent ganja outdoors is harder; growing fantastic ganja outdoors is difficult and takes years of experience in the particular area you grow in.

therevverend

Veteran
It's 90L pots, I don't have bigger (I can't move bigger too hahaha) I prefer plant directly in earth but they steal my harvest all the years.

Rip offs suck. Had a fucker grab a couple buds last year. Set up a motion detector that set off an alarm in my bedroom. A few days later when I was getting ready for bed it went off. He was out there hiding behind a couple plants. Pepper sprayed him good. Put too much into it to let some pig fucker walk off with my harvest.

Was wondering about what Destroyer was, I saw Herbe DelMonte was growing it. Now I see why! Wish I could grow this! :smoke:

There's a guy on instagram growing the strain, kicking ass with it. Can't remember his handle but I think he used to be around here. They all have extremely thin flowers but he has one that looks like a Dr Grinspoon. Basically just a row of bracts. But the frostiest bracts you ever saw! For a sativa absolutely crystal coated. He says it smells amazing, has a unique and powerful potency. Definitely one to try but not a commercial variety.

I've had some trouble this year with birds eating my sprouts, anyone else ever run into this?

The birds got to me this year. I had 3 Snow Queen sprouts, my last 3 Snow Queen seeds. One of my all time favorite strains. The birds carried one off, yanked another one out of the ground and left it laying on the soil. Roots and all. I tucked it back into the soil and nursed it back to health. The bitch of it is I ended up with 2 males. I know the one the fucker carried off would have been the female and I could have made F2s!

I think they were using the seedlings as material to build their nests. They carried off a couple others, yanked another plant out but left it there. After that first day they never did it again and they rapidly became too big for the little tweety birds to mess with. They'll dig up your seeds and eat them if they get a chance. Why I like sprouting my seeds indoors, putting them outside as soon as they hatch.

The birds aren't bad where I'm at. My buddy who lives right up against the woods has birds and mice that devastate his veggie plantings. They'll dig up virtually every seed he plants if he doesn't wire screen them or tuck them in a cold frame.

Summer's here and the weather's been perfect. 75-80 degrees F. I've got the garden basically set now. I've selected most of my females. I have a few landrace stragglers that are hard to sex but otherwise I have a good idea which the males are. Which are the keeper females. I've got most of them in holes in the ground, the ground is warm, the roots have taken hold. They're shooting up fast, inch or two a day. Oils are running, getting fantastic smells when I rub the stalks.

I have a little patch of volunteers, I'm almost certain they're offspring from last year's Baloch pink pistil. Since I threw some moldy seedy bud in that area last November. They're very similar in appearance. There's one that might be something different, has a different growth pattern, but no way to tell for sure.

View media item 18711326
View media item 18711328
View media item 18711327
View media item 18711325
View media item 18711324
View media item 18711322
When I rub the stems I'm getting incredible smells on my fingers. Musk, lime, hash, gas, they're very exotic. I'm seeing some undifferentiated primordia pre-flowers. I think two might be male but it'll be another week or two before I can cull the males.

My Super Ape ((grape ape x bubblegum) X apricot helix) is growing fast, looking nice. This one is a twin sister to the one I grew last year.

View media item 18711318
My huckleberry punch last year was probably the most perfect plant I've ever grown. Checked all the boxes, yield, potency, smell, vigor, it was hard to beat. I've got a beautiful female this year I can tell she's got it too. Just a textbook perfect structure you look for on a plant at this stage. About 4.5 feet tall, just starting to bush out. Probably tie her back to the NE to allow the branches to bush out, same as I did with her sister last year. Already has the wonderful sweet huckleberry smell with an underlying oily hashiness.

View media item 18711319

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
'not trying to start a debate or argument' which leads to 'older folk tend to like outdoor because it's weaker' which then leads to 'my indoor is too strong for them'. On a thread about growing outdoor plants.

I'm not 'trying to be insulting' but you sound like a jackass. Your weak decrepit senior citizens would fill their diapers and cower in fear behind their wheelchairs if they took one hit of my fuckin outdoor. It's likely it would kick your indoors' ass too. My outdoor is some of the best ganja on the planet.

I'm not the only one growing fantastic ganja outside either. It's been done since long before Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. Doesn't matter if it's grown inside or outside, good ganja is good ganja. If your outdoor is the weak stuff you throw to the oldies you should either move somewhere with better weather, get better seeds adapted to your climate, and/or learn to grow the good stuff.

Growing 'potent' ganja indoors is easy; growing fantastic ganja indoors isn't easy. Growing ganja outdoors is easy; growing potent ganja outdoors is harder; growing fantastic ganja outdoors is difficult and takes years of experience in the particular area you grow in.

Don't waste your time answering to that post, it was so embarrassing to read that I felt bad answering myself lmao. Just have a look at his revegging plant and it's pretty obvious he is new to growing outdoors. Saying one doesn't want to start an argument, followed by one the most ignorant comments on the forum, said with such confidence, should just make you laugh and feel bad for him. Seeing the crosses he is using and paying $300 for a pack of Instagram weed, is all the info you need really.

Outdoors weed everytime. If you know how to grow it of course. Instagram weed looks prettier in pictures but we all know it's bullshit weed to begin with.

therevverend

Veteran
I have a question for you guys. Why do clones typically perform better than the mother plants? I dont grow indoor but it seems like its skewed a ton towards clone onlys especially commercially.

I grew a bunch of seeds outdoors last year and took a clone from one mid june and stuck it directly in the dirt with a couple roots july 1st. The clone outperformed the mother with the buds even though they were only 15 feet away from eachother and fed the same. I thought i was just imagining it but I've seen people claiming the same on here who have real experience (unlike myself:LOL:)

Funny how this stuff works. My experience has been the opposite, not every time but more than 50% of the time the first run of a seedling is almost always superior in yield and equal to if not a little better in quality. This isn't always true because as you get to know the clone, what it needs, it's optimum shape and size, you can improve on what you did the first time. But usually the first run seedling vigor trumps everything else for me.

In theory a clone should be an exact replica of it's parent every time. But if you aren't keeping it under perfect conditions every time you clone it there's a tiny bit of degradation. It's usually diseases and infections that wear it down but I've read genetic mutations occur as well. Back in the day when I was cloning and running the same plants over and over after 2-3 years there would be a noticeable decrease in vigor. Of course things weren't lab sterile, sometimes I'd have to take clones in flowering. There's growers that keep plants with good vigor and potency running for a decade or much more.

The reason people prefer clones over seedlings is that it's easier and faster than starting seedlings very time. Seedlings take much longer to get big in veg, need to be sexed, and every seed is different. Clones are especially perfect for indoor commercial growing but even for the personal garden they're much more efficient in time and in limited space.

There's also the idea that you're getting something 'elite' when you get a clone of a known popular strain. Even when growing seedlings it's common to buy a pack of seeds, select the best one, cull the rest, and clone the good one forever. Most people don't want to mess with breeding, it's unnecessary work for a production garden.

As an outdoor grower I prefer seedlings. I make new seed every year so I can preserve and improve my strains. Adapt them to my local conditions. I can start a month and a half earlier because I don't have to worry about a clone reverting to flowering if I put it out too early. I can sex early because I know how to sex using preflowers; I've already got my females selected and getting big in holes. Then there's first time seedling vigor.

No idea why your clone outperformed the mother but those type of things happen. Could be for a number of reasons. It'll be interesting if you try it again and keep getting the same result. Usually if I make a clone of an outdoor seedling I use it as a seed plant. Keep it in a container so I can move them inside where I have pollen and completely seed it.

laszlokovacs

Funny how this stuff works. My experience has been the opposite, not every time but more than 50% of the time the first run of a seedling is almost always superior in yield and equal to if not a little better in quality. This isn't always true because as you get to know the clone, what it needs, it's optimum shape and size, you can improve on what you did the first time. But usually the first run seedling vigor trumps everything else for me.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Interesting. Yeah yield is certainly on the side of the seed plant from what I understand. I actually still have a little bud from both the clone and mother and yeah clone was better but yield was around the same.

Too many factors to determine why exactly so I will have to try again with all my females. I realize now that massive root i pulled up in my post was under the mother so maybe it was hogging nutrients. It's also the highest point so the water may flow off and favor other plants since I dont water that much. The mother was also revegging when put out in spring and done 10 days earlier. etc.. etc...

I've seen people in the haze threads saying the flowering becomes more stable from cuttings but again this is just hearsay for me. But this makes me think there is a difference that happens in the flowering qualities if the plant is cutting.

Havent had the privilege of growing out any elites but yeah I get the appeal of both seeds and clones. Im at the earliest stages of growing so just trying to nail down the basics and learning how to make my own selections. Ill aim to make a separate patch and plant out all my clones if i can but more for fun than anything.

ICGA

Thanks for the response, I was thinking of scrapping them, but they look like the leaves are growing little by little, and starting to adjust after transplant to stage 2 containers.
A little late but in small pots If you over watered, the water soluble nutrients can basically flush out and then the little seeds go light green. Adding something with NPK should help. IMO the stunting is from a lack of food. Most plants can recover from cold exposure pretty quick but they need food.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We got a little rain about 1/3 inch with hail Sunday morning, and I waited until afternoon, but it was still a little moist on the surface of the field. Got loaded up with 100+ gallons of water and went toward the garden. The short way to the garden around the field has an uphill part, and as I was going around the field, I found out my 4 wheel drive wasn't going into gear anymore. I knew it could be wet on this hill, and sure enough started to peel out and wasn't able to go up. So carefully got turned around and went the other way around the field.

Was cool because I saw a Bald Eagle, the national bird or America swooping around the field and it perched in a tree near where I was trying to go up. Then as I was driving around the field, a turkey came out of the woods and ran around the field with its tail fanned out, and I followed it all the way to the back of the field where it disappeared.

Had to get out and move a couple logs, but made it to the garden just fine. Was a nice little scenic drive, a little adventure.

Got the garden watered in well. Most of the plants stayed standing up, but a few in the back corner where they are closely planted fell over because they are tall and have a little less lateral roots. Stood them back up after watering by gently pulling the stem up and in the desired direction and settled the base of the plant with a little piece of soil to prop it up.

Monday was windy so went back to make sure they were standing, I was a little rough on them in the process and accidently broke some fans, but its within a threshold. The plants were perked up after watering and were still pushing growth.

Plants got a little war paint mud on them in the process of watering, but was able to get them cleaned up a little Monday. Plants are growing well and almost to the top of the fence! Tallest are waist height, most are around pocket height. Here's a couple more views from Monday.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Sativa Candy Chunk

full

Sativa Candy Chunk

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A little late but in small pots If you over watered, the water soluble nutrients can basically flush out and then the little seeds go light green. Adding something with NPK should help. IMO the stunting is from a lack of food. Most plants can recover from cold exposure pretty quick but they need food.
They had been burnt from amending seedling germination mix with excessive composted chicken manure. Temperatures weren't really an issue with that batch, but was for the first round of planting. If temperature dropps below 60F it can be an issue and slow down young seedlings.

Thanks for the help.