What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

40degsouth

And another.

Attachments

• F20B1D67-787E-4445-8295-B04078E85EA7.png
    F20B1D67-787E-4445-8295-B04078E85EA7.png
    837.9 KB · Views: 47

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are some great images! Dolphins are so fast, I'm surprised killer whales catch them. I've seen them at shows at the zoo and other places, killer whales are just as fast though!

I like watching the dolphins swim around the point of the island we stay on. Ft Myers beach, FL

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be sure to check out Hamstring's thread, he's an experienced guerilla outdoor grower. Has some great stealth methods!

I started this thread back in 2010 and I was working on this method for a couple of years before that. Thought I would bring it back to celebrate 30 yrs of guerrilla growing.

First I want to mention that I stood on the shoulders of the great Wally Duck, I know he’s still on IC Mag with a different handle, but not sure if he wants everyone to know what it is. So in Forest Gump voice, “Thats all I have to say about that”

Wally had a thread called "Striking seeds in the Bush”. He was in the outback so I had to take his ideas and mold them for a midwestern US enviroment. Basically nothing has changed in the 15 years ,well except for Fem seeds , I have been doing this the same way for many years.

Here is what I am running outdoors this year, Green Mountain Grape from our own Vermontman, Bangi Haze from Ace seeds and MAFF from Gorilla Seeds.

I got 12 regular seeds in the 10 pack from Vermontman, 6 fems in the 5 pack from Ace and 6 fems in the 5 pack of fems from Gorilla seeds. Thats 24 seeds in all. I had 23/24 germ rate. How the hell can you beat that for throwing them outdoors for three weeks . So thanks guys for the great gear.

I have grown MAF before back in the UDG days. I am also digging going back in time with the regular seeds from Vermontman. I am very excited to grow the Bangi Haze and hope to get some potent bud.

View attachment 18849173

First things first to explain what my methodology. I dig all my holes about 14”x14". The shovel blade is 12” so you can see the size. All the soil goes on the tarp and i break it all up by hand. I am adding a 1/3 of a cup of Ozmocote in each hole. Mixed in thoroughly. I normally use 1/2 cup but I don’t care about size anymore i am hoping to see some fade at the end of the season. When I was a younger man I could dig and prepare 20 holes in 3hrs. If I tried to match that now the only thing I would be digging is my grave.

I always dig my holes a month in advance because critters, mostly raccoons , will dig in the fresh soil looking for food. You can see that here in the last three pics. Almost every hole has been dug into by critters including deer. You have to dig your holes ahead of time or you will find all your plants dug up. Once the coons figure out theres nothing tasty in there they will move on and leave it alone.

I use the old dead native vegetation as mulch. It helps blend everything in. One thing that I have kept a secret for all these years is the stakes you see marking each hole. I didn’t want to leave my signature online. As I have said many times I only grow in lowlands and the grass, stinging nettles and some wild flowers all get over 6ft tall. You’re kidding yourself if you think your going to come back in June and find all the holes you dug. Been there done that. You have to mark them.

View attachment 18849176 View attachment 18849177 View attachment 18849178 View attachment 18849179 View attachment 18849180 View attachment 18849181 View attachment 18849182

Two weeks later showing critter digging.

View attachment 18849215 View attachment 18849216 View attachment 18849218

So I pack in the cold framed and set it all up. Mix my soil very wet and even pour some water in the bottom of the tote. Pack the soil very tight around each cup. Do not leave any air spaces. You want this to become one large heat sink. This takes some time to do it right.

Set up the top and you are done for the day, well unless you have several cold frames to set up.

One last thing that I have never shared before online, you have to have a “Tell” on your cold frame. There is no way that if someone finds this they are not going to lift off the top to see whats inside. You need a way to tell if that has happened. Its a 100% must.

See if you can spot my “Tell".

View attachment 18849193 View attachment 18849194 View attachment 18849195 View attachment 18849196

So now when I show up to sow the seeds all I am carrying in is a zip lock bag full of seeds that have been soaking in paper towels for 24hrs. I check the “Tell” on the cold frame, all good! I take the time to wet the soil in each cup after putting the seeds in the cups. Two per cup for the Green Mountain Grape regular seeds. Ok, that took a few hours now lets get the hell out of here!

I can leave my seeds in the cold frame for three weeks without setting foot back in the grow site. Its a wonderful thing. These pics are a week later, and as I mentioned I had 23/24 seeds germinate. As long as the seeds are good I always have over a 90% germ rate. Thanks again Ace, Vermontman and Gorilla seeds for the great gear.

So you notice not once have I brought anything MJ related into the grow site. Not even anything to smoke. I am sober for every trip in. The most I can get caught for is trespassing.

View attachment 18849220

View attachment 18849202 View attachment 18849203 View attachment 18849204 View attachment 18849205 View attachment 18849206 View attachment 18849207

Hashislife

Hello everyone, today I go to show my grow session 😉 this year look a very good harvest.

OG Kush SFV:
the two are very big specifically the "sativa" phenotype.
"Sativa" phenotype
IMG_20230622_204326.jpg

The second
IMG_20230622_204419.jpg

Himalaya gold
IMG_20230622_204456.jpg

Jamaican dream

IMG_20230622_205402.jpg

The second
IMG_20230622_205243.jpg
Diet Durban thcv
The first
IMG_20230622_205928.jpg
the second
IMG_20230622_210211.jpg

The third
IMG_20230622_210339.jpg

And for end my hash plants
Sensi seed Afghani 1#
IMG_20230622_204514.jpg

Sensi seed Hindu Kush
IMG_20230622_204813.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does look like a heavy harvest there! Thanks for sharing! Those are sativa pheno OG Kush, thats interesting!

Why are your plants so big? Must be in a warm climate. Could you put them in a larger container? Would make for healthier more potent plants. Those will be very root bound and may suffer because they are so big in small containers. :smoke:

Hashislife

Does look like a heavy harvest there! Thanks for sharing! Those are sativa pheno OG Kush, thats interesting!

Why are your plants so big? Must be in a warm climate. Could you put them in a larger container? Would make for healthier more potent plants. Those will be very root bound and may suffer because they are so big in small containers. :smoke:
I don't understand too, I have choose og Kush sfv for having a very indica plant (og Kush x afghan), but it's so vigorous but the smell it's definitely Kush
Yes, it's warm and dry, I live in Spain in 40°N with 500m altitude, I have start the og Kush the first Days of march, the others in April.
It's 90L pots, I don't have bigger (I can't move bigger too hahaha) I prefer plant directly in earth but they steal my harvest all the years.
In nutrition I use biobiz grow and activera.
Like you I think there are so big for is content but I have see biggers plant in the same pot, I don't have choice, the luck can be help🤪

ICGA

GOT MY SEEDS IN THE MAIL !

They had to go through quite an obstacle course.

"Ghost Train Haze" and some of those are Freebies.

The White Widow and Romberry are the ones I bought.

The other pic with the Dark Colored Sand/ Soil are my test sprouts.

Using a batch of seeds from 2019, Blueberry Headband cross, to test my seed sprouting soil - BEFORE I risk one of baby White Widows.

Some of the other quart pots have soil with sow-bugs and baby centipedes, that have munches on some of the other seedlings.

The other plant is a Pineapple.
Is your romberry the freedom of seeds version?

St. Phatty

Excited to see the results, wish somebody still had the old BCGA version or at least some photos!

I actually grew the BCGA Romberry.

I spent about $2000+ on seeds in 2001-2002.

It was OK, not terribly frosty.

I'm smoking some of my 2021 Romberry x Apollo 11 now, and it is surprisingly fresh.

Clear trikes that shine white in the light.

Not sure why the 2 Romberries are different. Vic High is/was a great grower/ breeder.

I always admired his documentation of his 100 seed grow-outs.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys! Its neat seeing the canopy close in like that. The plants have certainly fattened up quick! They caught the wave this year! Checking for preflowers, want to start thinning plants as soon as possible so they can have enough room to grow with branching and not get too lanky. Thankfully I have pretty good vision and know the secret to determining sex as soon as the preflower primordia show. Look for the males, they are easiest to spot.

The male preflower is usually claw shaped and always has 2 distinct parts which separate if you scrape the preflower with your pinky fingernail. I always try to find 2 preflowers on each plant to confirm before culling.

Hoping the champion Sativa Candy Chunk is a male.

Its really not too much work, labor of love. I try to simplify and streamline wherever possible. Just used the chicken manure compost so it was fairly straight forward to fertilize. Just broadcast 3-5 lb fertilizer over the top with the shoulder sling spreader and its done. Goes very fast! :smoke:

Watering can be quite tedious manually putting down 75-100 gal water out of a watering can takes 3-5 hours because you have to do some weeding and give it time to let it soak in.

Inspections for males and mold are what takes the most time. But inspections are fun because it gives you a chance to get to know your plants. Cannabis is like people, like pets, they have character, they are all unique in some way! What I like to do is inspect trichome terpene profiles. End up with a brown nose smelling all the flowers! Go ahead, call me a brown-noser, thats the way I like it. :smoke:

Going to try to get the vegetable garden weeded and fertilized today. Have a couple days of rain on the way! Hot and 88F again today, going to try to water the cannabis flower plot tomorrow before the rain!

Paradise Cheese x Lebanese with doubly serrated leaf margin--refreshing stem rub on several of the Shiva seed plants! Reminds me of the herb my friend's dad used to grow!

full

full

full

Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush canopy

full

Early Skunk x Lebanese canopy :smoke: :smoke:

full

Hashislife

hello, after what you told me, I was wondering if you had any advice for me in case of root asphyxia? I mean, being unable to transplant, what to do to limit the damage (apparently watering more would help.)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would completely fill the containers with growing media or the soil mix you used to maximize the root volume in the containers. Apply mulch to the top of the containers to conserve moisture and allow the roots to use more of the container.

Hashislife

I would completely fill the containers with growing media or the soil mix you used to maximize the root volume in the containers. Apply mulch to the top of the containers to conserve moisture and allow the roots to use more of the container.
Thank you, that go to help me so much if I see some stop in the growth

ICGA

I actually grew the BCGA Romberry.

I spent about $2000+ on seeds in 2001-2002.

It was OK, not terribly frosty.

I'm smoking some of my 2021 Romberry x Apollo 11 now, and it is surprisingly fresh.

Clear trikes that shine white in the light.

Not sure why the 2 Romberries are different. Vic High is/was a great grower/ breeder.

I always admired his documentation of his 100 seed grow-outs.
There are several romulan cuts and many blueberry cuts which is why they are different. Frostyness is somewhat genetic but it also has alot to do with how much light they get. Have you heard of anyone who has anything left over decended from any BCGA stock? I got a few bags of a few of their strains 10/15 years ago but never heard of anyone who kept cuts other than subcool.