What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

Eltitoguay

Seriously speaking, Pipeline, both the house, the patio and all the plants in the humble garden belong to my old friend "Capi".
"Capi" is a retired man, one of the few who farmed ganja in this rural and remote area of the country for as long as I can remember.
He no longer smokes; when he did, he preferred sativas: his sativas from when he smoked are the largest plants I've ever seen live, some of them being just over 5 and a half meters (just over 18 feet) tall.
Now he grows only for his independent sons and some thirty-somethings, who don't have a yard to grow because they live in apartment buildings, nor are they great cannabis connoisseurs either: without the 3 plants from their father's yard, they would have to buy on the black market. So my friend "Capi" grows them to ensure a harvest, the "typical commercial hybrids" with a relatively early/easy/abundant harvest, assured. Sometimes not just photoperiod; also large autos or "fast versions".
On this occasion, he germinated a Cristal Candy and a Red Hot Cookies from Sweet Seeds that I gave him as a gift, and a reproduction of Super Skunk from one of the innumerable national bulk seed banks that someone else gave to one of his children. The plants were born during the last week of March, and this is how they were this afternoon of today, during a visit to my friend:
PS: oh!! And "Capi" told me that the vegetable plants between the tomato plants and the marijuana plants, they are onions, and not garlic as I said, heh...:

View attachment 18851278

View attachment 18851279

View attachment 18851280

View attachment 18851281 View attachment 18851282 View attachment 18851283 View attachment 18851284

Hello everyone.
Around here the heat begins to tighten again: we have had a maximum of 41°C/106°F in the shade, and we will not drop below 23°C/73.5°F in the coolest of the night, and they forecast that temperatures rise higher tomorrow.
The bushes, whether garlic or onion, are already three taller than me (for which not much is needed, let it be said); are between 1.70 and 1.80 meters (between 5'6 and 5'9 feet) tall:

IMG_20230623_205116.jpg
IMG_20230623_205135.jpg
IMG_20230623_205229.jpg
IMG_20230623_205239.jpg
IMG_20230623_205403.jpg
IMG_20230623_205412.jpg

St. Phatty

There are several romulan cuts and many blueberry cuts which is why they are different. Frostyness is somewhat genetic but it also has alot to do with how much light they get. Have you heard of anyone who has anything left over decended from any BCGA stock? I got a few bags of a few of their strains 10/15 years ago but never heard of anyone who kept cuts other than subcool.

I did my best to hang onto seeds-in-bags but it would be difficult for me to find them.

I've been learning more about chemistry. I wonder if Oxygen is one of the reasons the seeds decay. Do the seeds need to be vacuum sealed to protect them from Oxygen ?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was wondering about what Destroyer was, I saw Herbe DelMonte was growing it. Now I see why! Wish I could grow this! :smoke:

Destroyer is a sativa variety from Cannabiogen and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±68 days) and outdoors. Cannabiogens Destroyer is a THC dominant variety and is/was also available as feminized seeds.

Cannabiogens Destroyer Description​

Logo Cannabiogen Cannabiogen Destroyer This 100% Sativa strain is a cross of Meao Thai and an early and stable Mexico/Colombia. The exceptional backcross of two of our best females took over 7 years. The total acclimatization of the mother Thai has been so difficult that we decided to introduce an earlier Sativa, as well as productive, and add its characteristics. The result is a strain which represents the state-of-the-art of Sativa with an exotic predominance of Thai.

The small and numerous bracteas are covered with a big amount of trichomes full of THC, carrying even 92 trichomes in some bracteas by mm2.

Environmental conditions should be rather dry during bloom and with nutrients level quite low, specially nitrogen.

Flowering period is from 8 to 12 weeks depending of growing conditions. Medium/high yield outdoors and some less in indoors. Suitable with grows using SOG and SCROG techniques.

Indoors: 60-75 days
Outdoors: early November

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Garden is doing well and growing every day! Found a male it was the double serrated leaf Paradise Cheese x Lebanese sadly, so it was culled. Found a few more females, so looking optimistic. The plants will have a higher ratio of females usually if they are get a good start and have good growing conditions and are allowed to keep growing.

Found a Deep Chunk x Blueberry female, will show pic soon.

DC x Blueberry-- vigorous plants :smoke:
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think they should be just stored airtight with minimal air if possible, and in the refridgerator. Seeds are alive and are doing respiration just as the plants are, just a reduced rate. You want to reduce the oxygen, but its necessary to allow them to breathe I think.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so I went out a few hours after the rain today and tried to finish bed 4 but it was like working in slop.

I got half of it planted, 10 in. 2 Chem D,2 92 OG Kush, Sour Valley, 2 SFV, Headband, and a Durban Poison.

View attachment 18857905

I will wait for things to dry up a bit then till in some more perlite before working the rest of this bed.

I'm real tired now. didn't post pics here of the bed I did a couple weeks ago at a friends place.

800 square feet of deep loam in the wine growing area near me with a warmer climate, super excited to see how my soil does at his place. the 14 mounds we made were huge. large plant grow coming up, stay tuned...

View attachment 18857906

this patch got OG Kush, ECSD, Chem D, Chem 91/SKVA, Lemon Cherry Gelato, 92 OGK, White Truffle, Cherry Pie, HeadBand, forgot what others....
Check out the new lakeside bed at Chunkypigs'! Doing it right! :smoke:

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

I've had some trouble this year with birds eating my sprouts, anyone else ever run into this? I've been growing outdoor a long time and this is the first time I noticed this problem. I think the birds only like to eat the hulls, I found one sprout uprooted with the hull gone and I must've gotten to the scene of the crime not too long after it happened because I was able to replant the spout and it survived. Wouldn't be too much of a big deal, but I think I lost my last full blooded Swazi seed this way, but I have BX3s so its not too much of a tragedy. I guess maybe I should start sprouting them indoors or under a net, anyone use any other solutions? Can really blame the birds eating cannabis seeds, they're tasty & the hulls are have good mineral content, I enjoy eating them myself.

St. Phatty

I've had some trouble this year with birds eating my sprouts, anyone else ever run into this? I've been growing outdoor a long time and this is the first time I noticed this problem. I think the birds only like to eat the hulls, I found one sprout uprooted with the hull gone and I must've gotten to the scene of the crime not too long after it happened because I was able to replant the spout and it survived. Wouldn't be too much of a big deal, but I think I lost my last full blooded Swazi seed this way, but I have BX3s so its not too much of a tragedy. I guess maybe I should start sprouting them indoors or under a net, anyone use any other solutions? Can really blame the birds eating cannabis seeds, they're tasty & the hulls are have good mineral content, I enjoy eating them myself.

I have wire mesh covers on some plant to stop this.

Birds Love Sprouts !

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gardens are looking wonderful! A little bit of sun and heat, and these plants start to move! Being near the Summer solstace, plants get maximum light and everything catches up quick. Would really love to see one of those 18 footers. Do you have any pics, @Eltitoguay ?

I would like to see how tall the 18 footer was at this time of the year. :smoke:

That Destroyer looks like a good hybrid! Strawberry bananna sounds like a good one! I like that 1986 tomate valenciano looks like a robust plant! What do you like about that variety? I grow roma for the most part because they are good for sauce and they are tougher longer lasting fruit. :smoke:

Going to water later today. Looking for those males, hunting them out, I can see the early preflowers from a mile away. :smoke:

full

el mani

Veteran
These destroyer were forgotten in the fridge drawer, they are at least 18 years old, I bought them before my son was born... In the end they had a high level of germination, I hope something good from there.
As for tomatoes, this year I don't have many... This old Valencian is more out of nostalgia and not to be lost, I keep three old varieties (Valencian, barca xxl and rosa de chera) that I alternate for years, I also have rosa de barbastro, ox heart, pear, crimean black, cheroky and two experimental as well as cherrys of all colors.
Today is being a great day, the new strain chicks are coming out... F1 hybrid of Asturian appearance with Araucanian...

full

full

o_O aún me dura la castaña de kA5

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Good sativas have long lasting effects haha. Beautiful chicks, congratulations. This summer I'll be quite busy but I have to go to Valencia in October, if you like I can bring you some of our local tomato strain seeds (tomata de penjar). I think they are the best for pà amb tomaca but I am biased of course lol.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats my friend Albert the potbelly pig. The pic is about 14 years old and Albert is no longer with us. Albert and a pink pig Miss Piggy had a couple litters of piglets. They were happy pigs, they would get all the leftovers from dinner, veggies from the garden, and apples from the trees.

Cool little chicks there! Looking very healthy! Cute little guys! Glad the Destroyer germinated well! 18 years is a long time for seed storage even in the refridgerator. Must have been large healthy seeds from the DelMonte gardens.

Also planted some San Marzano and Delicious tomatoes, but didn't keep them separated. I should start breeding tomatoes. :smoke:

el mani

Veteran
Good sativas have long lasting effects haha. Beautiful chicks, congratulations. This summer I'll be quite busy but I have to go to Valencia in October, if you like I can bring you some of our local tomato strain seeds (tomata de penjar). I think they are the best for pà amb tomaca but I am biased of course lol.

you and your tomatoes will be welcome;)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Hamstring! Its pretty wonderful, this line has the racy sativa smoke in an indica body. A real blessing to have, I almost take it for granted. A lot of these hybrids people make can become less disirable over time according to The Potcast interviews. Using 2 males per year and a good number of females has allowed the line to maintain a natural amount of diversity to be able to prevent genetic bottle-necking, inbreeding depression, and mutation issues. Even when rouging out undesirable phenotypes the line still had enough diversity to move forward and preserve the genetics! :smoke:

Sterling Skunk IBL

full

Early Skunk x Lebanese

full

Early Skunk x Lebanese

full

Pine Tar Kush IBL--Made the mistake of putting this slower growing IBL behind the fast growing F1 hybrid DC x BB, so these are fighting for light. Hoping to find some males and bring in some light for these guys! Love what I'm seeing in the PTK!

full

full

Psalm 119:105 NKJV

Your Word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

Happy Independence Day July4! Will be celebrating the next couple weeks. Freedom isn't free. The price has been paid, my living hope Jesus Christ. Liberty will never be served to you on a silver platter, you have to take it. Remember where you came from, who you are, and consider where you are going. The Living God, the King, our Redeemer is here. Believe in yourself, you have been equipped for every good work by God's Spirit. :smoke:

full

Pieces from Magnetic Aesthetic sculpture 2009 by Tre Reising

full

full

Sativa Candy Chunk Champion plant
full

SCC
full

SCC
full

SCC
full

Sativa Candy Chunk

full

full

Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush

full

Deep Chunk x Las Vegas Purple Kush x Hindu Kush
full

BOG Sour Bubble

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uzbekistani IBL -- Looks like a great indica on par with DC which is what the reviews said, very good plant. Found lots of mutants, would be good for hybridizing with DC to reduce the inbreeding depression mutations.

full

Uzbekistani IBL
full

Uzbekistani IBL

full

Sativa Candy Chunk

full

Sativa Candy Chunk Champion plant--better view getting branchy :smoke:

full

Sativa Candy Chunk leaf-- accidently knocked off when weeding. Its cool though, now there's more light for the 2 slightly shorter SCC plants next to it. :smoke: :smoke:

full

Here's the story with Sativa Candy Chunk--

In 2017 I think I had planted all the seed I had, it was all in because there was major animal damage I think in 2016 and the older seed I had didn't germinate. The garden was relatively small, so I used all the males to get a better catch of the genetics. I was dating at the time so I quit the grow thread in 2017 part way though.

I can't remember exactly how it went, but I have the pictures showing 6 or 7 males so it did a good job at maintaining the line when making this specific phenotype choice I guess!!! Thats just how it worked out but I bet using a larger number of males was critical in allowing the line to move forward when selecting this plant as the desired phenotype. Had a few others mixed into the batch of seed for 2018 as well, but selections were made for this phenotype each year after 2017 with little issues with mutations or inbreeding depression! :smoke:

Still have to dig through all the 2017 pics, here are a couple of the super potent original Sativa Candy Chunk 'Cherry' phenotype from early to mid flowering phase. Note the purple leaf petiole, stem had purple stripes. Seeds were uniquely black which is a linked trait with this pheno. :smoke:

full

full

full

SCC 'Cherry' is on the Right side in the front

full

Do you like that? :smoke: :smoke: Its a good one! Thank you God! :smoke:
full