What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No its on a slight hill so it drains off really well! However when I water heavily with 75-100 gal it will run off and puddle around the edges especially along the bottom in the back of the garden. I could smell something the past couple days at the garden, smells like stinky mud, but it may just be the cottonseed meal breaking down.

I did a heavy watering a couple weeks ago, but didn't dig a trench to allow the excess water at the bottom of the garden to drain. It was cool weather and may have been kind of wet there for a few days causing anaerobic waterlogged conditions in a small spot and causing the mud to have a smell.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First day of summer is tomorrow! Long daylight hours, workers can get all their work done! Seeing some very fast growth this time of year with the long photoperiod! :smoke:

Shots from 2009

full

full

full

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
No its on a slight hill so it drains off really well! However when I water heavily with 75-100 gal it will run off and puddle around the edges especially along the bottom in the back of the garden. I could smell something the past couple days at the garden, smells like stinky mud, but it may just be the cottonseed meal breaking down.

I did a heavy watering a couple weeks ago, but didn't dig a trench to allow the excess water at the bottom of the garden to drain. It was cool weather and may have been kind of wet there for a few days causing anaerobic waterlogged conditions in a small spot and causing the mud to have a smell.
100 gal sounds like a lot mate.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its really not from my experience, the plants will drink it absoluetly, at least 50-75 gal. 100 Gal starts to become harder to get the water in the ground. I looked up watering recommendations on here before its 10% for a good watering, 5% for a light watering. The volume you are looking at is the depth of root so I use 1 foot depth which is 750 gal per 100 square feet, so I need 75 gal at least maybe only 90-95 if the garden is around 125 square feet.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Goofy looking plant. Would be emaressing for the garden tour. Glad we got it figured out. So next year need to match photoperiod gradually then bring out side. I may try that. Probably saved me a lot of trouble getting that lesson through your mistake. Sweet! :smoke:

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Goofy looking plant. Would be emaressing for the garden tour. Glad we got it figured out. So next year need to match photoperiod gradually then bring out side. I may try that. Probably saved me a lot of trouble getting that lesson through your mistake. Sweet! :smoke:
By next year I plan to be 100% indoor 😁. Just cant beat the quality

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Its really not from my experience, the plants will drink it absoluetly, at least 50-75 gal. 100 Gal starts to become harder to get the water in the ground. I looked up watering recommendations on here before its 10% for a good watering, 5% for a light watering. The volume you are looking at is the depth of root so I use 1 foot depth which is 750 gal per 100 square feet, so I need 75 gal at least maybe only 90-95 if the garden is around 125 square feet.
Sounds like you got it figured out then 😊 that's a lot of numbers for me to convert into liters hahaha

I just finished transplanting a clone from my CBD keeper that I will grow for my mom, in the little patch where I grow my vegetables. I have a 5w lightbulb on a timer that turns on for 1h every night to prevent unwanted flowering.
IMG_20230620_203657.jpg

This is the little patch where I told you I would like to grow some hasplants the same way you do. I will do it eventually but have to be careful for stealth reasons.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have always heard outdoor can be better because the sun is more intense. Excelpt mold, outdoor seems to be pretty good in my experience. The is the outdoor thread, what does everyone think who grow indoors and outdoors?

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
I have always heard outdoor can be better because the sun is more intense. Excelpt mold, outdoor seems to be pretty good in my experience. The is the outdoor thread, what does everyone think who grow indoors and outdoors?
I grow both and will take outdoor every time as long as it's clean of pesticides.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
I'm not trying to debate or start an argument but properly grown indoor under hps or CMH if superior to outdoor hands down.

Now I do find older folks tend to like outdoor more because it's lower in THC an they can smoke it all day long. This is actual facts my older 60-65yr old neighbors tell me. My indoor was just too strong for them

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Terpenes and potency of strains vary even with in the line, also growing is an artform so it really depends I think.

Its difficult to draw conculsions when it really just depends. Genetics play a large role of course. :smoke:

Going to check on the plants, windy hair dryer day got up to 88F! Glad I watered the plants. But now with the soil wet they probably are leaning a little, but GROWING today! :smoke: Yay! :smoke:

laszlokovacs

I have a question for you guys. Why do clones typically perform better than the mother plants? I dont grow indoor but it seems like its skewed a ton towards clone onlys especially commercially.

I grew a bunch of seeds outdoors last year and took a clone from one mid june and stuck it directly in the dirt with a couple roots july 1st. The clone outperformed the mother with the buds even though they were only 15 feet away from eachother and fed the same. I thought i was just imagining it but I've seen people claiming the same on here who have real experience (unlike myself:LOL:)

I cracked open some bud i had saved from the clone and it smelled just like cherries with some skunk. Definitely denser and more aromatic then the mother. Can't find a good explanation but I'm gonna try to test it again this year with other plants.
IMG_6101.JPG

Greaselightning

I have a question for you guys. Why do clones typically perform better than the mother plants? I dont grow indoor but it seems like its skewed a ton towards clone onlys especially commercially.

I grew a bunch of seeds outdoors last year and took a clone from one mid june and stuck it directly in the dirt with a couple roots july 1st. The clone outperformed the mother with the buds even though they were only 15 feet away from eachother and fed the same. I thought i was just imagining it but I've seen people claiming the same on here who have real experience (unlike myself:LOL:)

I cracked open some bud i had saved from the clone and it smelled just like cherries with some skunk. Definitely denser and more aromatic then the mother. Can't find a good explanation but I'm gonna try to test it again this year with other plants. View attachment 18856385
smaller plants generally are stronger ive found.

St. Phatty

By next year I plan to be 100% indoor 😁. Just cant beat the quality

Do you get tired of paying the utility bills ?

I just brought some seedlings indoors this morning, because it was 43 F outdoors.

They looked fine.

I just bought a replacement bulb for the Veg room, a 250 watt Metal Halide.

I bought the expensive bulb for $32, because I was tired of playing Musical Seedlings.

I like to put the plants outdoors for the day sun. BUT then I am over the plant limit.

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l really hope you’re all well.
I haven’t read through the thead but this was one of my favourite photos from last year. Blackdog girls chuncknig up……3-4 weeks off harvest.
I’m wishing you all my very best and one day I might be able to share what I get up to in the winter time.
Bysy, busy, busy.

Attachments

• 2F165B2C-2A45-4AB3-92D0-96A70D185E2F.jpeg
    2F165B2C-2A45-4AB3-92D0-96A70D185E2F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants were all standing up except a couple had leaned out of position. We got some gusty winds yesterday, hair dryer effect with 88F temperatures! Today is similar but less wind I think and the soil is dry so they'll be good.

Rooting in, can see they grew and perked a bit. No more new spots so thats good. I think the burn should be brief and now we're seeing some well fed plants.

Looking for preflowers but I get out there with not much light sometimes. May see a couple show this weekend and much more next weekend. PC x Leb has a little preflower looks female. Wondering if its the semi auto tendency of the Lebanese that is helping it to show early. Its at the front of the garden with plenty of light.

Couple new views from yesterday since the watering. :smoke:

full

full

full

Deep Chunk x Blueberry
full

Early Skunk x Lebanese
full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats a special time of year, 40! Those black dog look like quick flowering indicas! Do they finish in early April/October there?

Those are some big fish! Whales are amazing creatures! Are those bailene whales that skimm plankton?

40degsouth

Wow man, you’re quick off the mark!!
It’s a couple of weeks old that photo. It’s not an albino but it’s close to it.
Most whales can be identified by their flukes or tails.. this one is a bit easier to identify.
It’s a hump back…..and check this shit out

Attachments

• 13F516B7-B794-4F31-A32B-6A9816C17972.jpeg
    13F516B7-B794-4F31-A32B-6A9816C17972.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 39F04FE8-7CF5-4D87-A794-55A91AB6C012.jpeg
    39F04FE8-7CF5-4D87-A794-55A91AB6C012.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 35