What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

Funkalicious

Letting it dry out a little extra, due to all the rain we've been having I doubt the roots grew much sense they didn't have to go looking for water. Anyways here she is about 40" tall(not including the grow bag). My outdoor record is 12ft an just over 2lbs, hopefully she can beat it 😁 View attachment 18844039
Maaan that's sweet. I'd be happy to get this kind of size by October with my guerilla hahaha! looking forward to seeing how she grows on

40degsouth

Hey everyone, l hope you’re all well.
Here’s another tester from Bradley Danks, just for you Pipeline.
These won’t be released because they don’t meet the breeders standards. Despite this, it chunked really hard in the last three weeks.
I’m having trouble uploading photos so I’ll do it in a day or two.
Cheers,

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is a right and a wrong when it comes to terpene profiles. Set goals, evaluate the progeny, make selections and rouge out undesirables, improve the cultivar. Hoping to dial in my cultivar a little bit and get it where there are just a couple phenos but they are all favorites.

Look forward to the new shots. Whats the genetic background of Wam Wam? :smoke:

40degsouth

Hey Pipeline,
trying again 🤗
I can’t honestly remember but l did post up the relevant information in last year’s “Outdoors” thread. Overall they were quite impressive, in regards to vigour, resistance, structure, easy to grow and the finishing times were as described. The GG leaner was the densest.
The photos are of a Platinum Jager, l forgot to mention that.
I’ve been rubbing seed out of buds lately and the freshly dried Blackdog buds have a big lemon citrus front nose; it’s funny because the cured buds end up smelling like ground coffee…….probably from the Bubba influence 🤷‍♂️
4DDD27B2-F417-47C2-8922-26856713614E.jpeg
3C782327-F29C-4E80-9584-C568257D1B7D.jpeg

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Ill post pics in a couple days, she responded excellent to drying out an then hit with nutes. Also I constantly trim the inside of the plants so there's air flow to help with mold resistance. An let's just say she's loving it. Id bet she reaches 4ft by the end of the month

Question for anyone that uses the fabric grow bags, will roots/bugs go thru it? If she does reach 10ft + I will most likely have to dig a whole like I do with the 5gal buckets so the wind doesn't tip her over. Wondering if the roots will grow thru the bag into the ground. I have absolutely horrible dirt in my yard, surprised even grass grows lol.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants are settling in well and are starting to grow even with a couple nights in the mid 40's! The older second round seedlings with very slight leaf tip burn are perking up and growing! Going to have some good variety this year! Temps are going to warm up a little this week into the low to mid 80's for a couple days. Drying out and going to have lots of sun, so it will be seeing some good growth this week!

May transplant one plant into a small gap where a seedling got damaged by animals or something. Everything else is untouched and on their way up!

Now we're talking! Raising some cannabis! They're in good hands now, in the hands of the God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ! :smoke:

Going to be fun to watch! Enjoy! :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Already cleaning out sucker branches in May? You're way ahead! They like to dry out a bit, going to be way ahead of things this year! Standard method for nurseries is to put the large container plants into a pot in the ground, that way roots won't grow through the bag and its easier to remove when its time to sell or move the plant for any reason. Roots shouldn't be able to grow through the bag, but I guess it depends on the type of fabric bag you have. Is it a root trapper type fabric?

1684673320731.png

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I also bought some grow bags lately. I hope my plants will get rootbound so they induce flowering earlier... 🙏 I will bury the grow bags in the cornfield grounds just using the rich cornfield-soil and mixing some bat-guano pellets in. Just an idea i had since last year and now i will try it. Cornfields started growing about a week ago here, early to mid june should be a good time to operate stealth enough. :ninja::smoker: Or maybe i'll do it at night, then i could also start earlier and the plants have more time to grow and more sun.

20230520_124113-01.jpeg

Last edited:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Roots shouldn't be able to grow through the bag, but I guess it depends on the type of fabric bag you have

Yes they will grow through the pot, that's how those pots work. Where I live, people buy trees in a fabric pot, and transplant them into the ground without taking them out of the pot. The roots just grow through and when they are thick enough they rip the rotting fabric.

I hope my plants will get rootbound so they induce flowering earlier... 🙏

They won't get rootbound in fabric pots, so flowering probably won't be triggered earlier than usual. The roots grow through the fabric, get in contact with air which dries them and effectively prunes them. This causes the roots to branch out a lot more, so there's no rootbinding. That brand is great quality btw, I have some of those.

If you want to trigger the flowering earlier, you can use a lamp to make their days longer, for example 18 or 20 hours of light. When you take the lamp away, the big jump in light hours will trigger them quicker, like it does when you grow indoors. It doesn't have to be potent, 5w is enough. You can also only turn it on for 1 h a night, just to break their sleep cycle and get similar results.

Otra matita de marihuanaaaaa jajajajja

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You sure buddy, the same ones!? It's really dense recycled bottles plastic, it's not like some fitness shirt, more like artificial leather. That's why i bought these and not textil pots. :unsure:

What's with people using them in the garden, they want to carry the bags around, but with roots through the ground the pot should stick to the earth???

I ordered them from spain btw. 👋😅

Last edited:

mikeandnaomi

Hi mate, doing good here, just that it's been
cloudy every day.
View attachment 18842476
View attachment 18842477

Yesterday I sowed the seeds for this summer. Not a lot at all compared to you but it's kind of funny we will have a few genetics in common this year.

(X18 x PTK) x Pakistani
(X18 x PTK) x Uzbek
Maple leaf x PCK
Space Candy x Loveshake
Deep chunk
Zacatecas tribute

Sadly I can only keep one female of each for stealth reasons. Also hoping to get a nice deep chunk male to shake over my PCK mom.
Love the Pakaistani varieties.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You sure buddy, the same ones!? It's really dense recycled bottles plastic, it's not like some fitness shirt, more like artificial leather. That's why i bought these and not textil pots. :unsure:

What's with people using them in the garden, they want to carry the bags around, but with roots through the ground the pot should stick to the earth???

I ordered them from spain btw. 👋😅
I don't know if it's the exact same ones, but they are the same brand and colour. The ones eurogrow sells. I grew this plant in a 90L one last summer.
IMG_20230521_202033.jpg

When I took the rootball out, there were no visible roots turning around like in a solid pot. The roots were very thin and the soil was completely full of them. Which is the point of these pots in my opinion.

Americans use these above the soil all the time for their huge plants, and they 100% root into the ground through the pot (picture from Google).
images (2).jpeg

Edit - I actually bought them from servovendi, not eurogrow.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Ok thanks. Then i can't bury them and have to use them just like pots the american way ^^ and go water them by hand. 🥵 I could put a layer of small stones down in the grow bags and then fill with earth, you guys think this could help!?

You and your shopping trolleys... 😆 Beautiful plant!

Last edited:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
@Mitsuharu copied from their website, and translated by Google:

Very light textile pots.
Durable, reusable and washable.
They prevent the circular growth of the roots.
They provide extra aeration in the root system, avoiding overheating.
Made with recycled plastic bottles.

So yes, made with recycled bottles as you said, and yes, made to prevent rootbinding.

Edit - even if you bury them if the plants aren't huge I think you should be able to pull the pot out and rip the roots.

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Then i can't bury them and have to use them just like pots the american way ^^ and go water them by hand. 🥵
What if you dug the holes and placed a plastic sheet before sticking the pot inside (super English)?. I mean like a trash bag , that should prevent the plants from rooting into the ground, and would also probably help retain some humidity.

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
I think no 😁, have to get all this thin plastic stuff out again when finished, that's why i bought the grow bags, i hate plastic litter in 'nature'. ^^

Think i will only try 1 or 2 of the big 26,6L/7GAL ones then above the ground with stones or wood at the bottom of the grow bags. Maybe just one cornfield if i find a free place in the fields and then i only have to carry water in one field. The other plants right in the soil in other fields and hope they flower soon enough...

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
Sorry to spoil your party :(

What I don't understand is why you can't just pick up the plastic at the same time you harvest though 🤷‍♂️ Using them doesn't mean you have to leave them there lmao. I do wonder if using a plastic could attract funghi, that could be a problem.