What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

OUTDOOR GROWS 2023 -ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Temperatures in the mid to upper 80's mid to late next week. Would be good to get the young tender seedlings in the ground to have time to develop a good root system before the heat comes in next week.

If the garden isn't able to be watered, or you don't want to, time to get everything in the ground.

Got the garden planted and got some more rain this morning! Plants were looking happy after planting Saturday evening! So glad to have things on track. Had to germinate 3 rounds this year to get it right!

If at first you don't succeed, try try again!

Forgot the camera again in the rush to get everything together and out the door. Going to have to wait, going to be some fat happy little plants when we go to check in a couple days! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High will only be around 65 F the next couple days, and tuesday night its forecast to get down to 44 F. I didn''t want them to get below 50 F! They will be alright though since they will be more mature and will be down at the ground and under tree canopy where temps won't cool as fast.

Time to get out the sock hat! This weather is out of control! Wild and wonderful! :smoke:

How are you guys getting along? Plant extra plants! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to germinate some Sativa Candy Chunk today or tomorrow for my friend who is older. I've got the process down and he only wants a couple plants. I could start selling seedlings! :smoke:

revegeta666

Not ICMag Donor
How are you guys getting along? Plant extra plants! :smoke:
Hi mate, doing good here, just that it's been
cloudy every day.
IMG_20230515_165938.jpg

IMG_20230514_192408.jpg

Yesterday I sowed the seeds for this summer. Not a lot at all compared to you but it's kind of funny we will have a few genetics in common this year.

(X18 x PTK) x Pakistani
(X18 x PTK) x Uzbek
Maple leaf x PCK
Space Candy x Loveshake
Deep chunk
Zacatecas tribute

Sadly I can only keep one female of each for stealth reasons. Also hoping to get a nice deep chunk male to shake over my PCK mom.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just realized I forgot to amend the garden with cotton seed meal I already purchased. Its a 6-2-1 analysis or something similar, but all the nitrogen is slow release I think. They label it recommended for perennials.

Maybe I don't want that type of nitrogen source. I guess using it as an amendment for spring bed preparation would be alright, but if cotton seed meal is being topdressed in the summer, it could still potentially have nitrogen around fertilizing into flower, where when we want to allow nitrogen to diminish, and flush out the plants with water.

What do you guys think? How should I use this cottonseed meal? I listened to NotSoDog on The Potcast and Shiva was talking about how low fertility at the end of flower is what makes cleaner smoking medicine.

The chicken manure tilled in and then top dressed in late June should be enough, and then in August will do a layer of cow manure compost as top dressing mulch fertilizer and watering heavy every weekend as needed.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please go ahead and translate to english for this thread. There is an international forum here for people who want to speak in languages other than english. Thanks for stopping by, but I don't understand what you're saying!
:smoke:
Hej, bywało lepiej, a co u Ciebie? Daj jakieś zdjęcia żeby kuknąć jak wyglądają ;)

Zostaje cierpliwie czekać w takim razie :) Jedna miłość na zawsze!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats going to be a sweet garden this year! Buds are ripening not too bad. Cannabis can deal with lower light, but the sun brings out the potent buds!

Looking forward to those awesome lines and hybrids! Curious how the DC performs because pure DC may not do well in my garden with my setup. Because it has a slow growth rate and is very short and compact, it may not compete well with the other plants and native vegetation. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found a really good calming medical indica in the new jar with lots of seeds. Slightly different effect from the racy super potent Sativa Candy Chunk 'Cherry' phenotype. Thinking of doing a proper reproduction on my line next year. And of course will have a few lines to cross in to it. Have to go through all the 2022 harvest to get seed first. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

EL NIÑO/SOUTHERN OSCILLATION (ENSO)
DIAGNOSTIC DISCUSSION
issued by
CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER/NCEP/NWS
11 May 2023​
ENSO Alert System Status: El Niño Watch

Synopsis: A transition from ENSO-neutral is expected in the next couple of months, with a greater than 90% chance of El Niño persisting into the Northern Hemisphere winter.

During April, above-average sea surface temperatures (SSTs) expanded slightly westward to the east-central equatorial Pacific Ocean [Fig. 1]. The latest weekly Niño-3.4 index value was +0.4°C, with the easternmost Niño-3 and Niño1+2 regions at +0.8°C and +2.7°C, respectively [Fig. 2]. Area-averaged subsurface temperatures anomalies continued to increase [Fig. 3], reflecting widespread positive temperature anomalies below the surface of the equatorial Pacific Ocean [Fig. 4]. Low-level wind anomalies were westerly during mid-April before switching back to easterly by the end of the month. Upper-level wind anomalies were westerly across most of the Pacific Ocean. Suppressed convection was observed over parts of Indonesia and anomalies weakened near the Date Line [Fig. 5]. While the warming near coastal South America remains striking, the basin-wide coupled ocean-atmosphere system remained consistent with ENSO-neutral.

The most recent IRI plume also indicates El Niño is likely to form during the May-July season and persist into the winter [Fig. 6]. The combination of a forecasted third westerly wind event in mid-late May, and high levels of above-average oceanic heat content, means that a potentially significant El Niño is on the horizon. While at least a weak El Niño is likely, the range of possibilities at the end of the year (November-January) include a 80% chance of at least a moderate El Niño (Niño-3.4 ≥ 1.0°C) to a ~55% chance of a strong El Niño (Niño-3.4 ≥ 1.5°C). It is still possible the tropical atmosphere does not couple with the ocean, and El Niño fails to materialize (5-10% chance). In summary, a transition from ENSO-neutral is expected in the next couple of months, with a greater than 90% chance of El Niño persisting into the Northern Hemisphere winter [Fig. 7].

This discussion is a consolidated effort of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), NOAA's National Weather Service, and their funded institutions. Oceanic and atmospheric conditions are updated weekly on the Climate Prediction Center web site (El Niño/La Niña Current Conditions and Expert Discussions). Additional perspectives and analysis are also available in an ENSO blog. A probabilistic strength forecast is available here. The next ENSO Diagnostics Discussion is scheduled for 8 June 2023.

To receive an e-mail notification when the monthly ENSO Diagnostic Discussions are released, please send an e-mail message to: [email protected].​

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its been kind of crazy, when its cold all the way up to the heat its tougher to get them in the ground and settled in. Thankfully we have a cool moist week this week before the heat arrives next week. Thats why I was in such a rush to get everything planted last weekend! Its raining every couple days more or less and high temps are around 70 F this week. Amazing grace, but we have to work with it.

Everything needs done at the right time, then it makes work easier. Less watering if the plants go in early. Cut the lawn at 7 days or before in dry weather. Harvest before the rains set in and wet the thick buds down. :smoke:

40degsouth

Hey everyone, looking good.
Just thought I’d share a photo of the Wam Wam’s, finnished bud shots. This is two different phenos and some chunky monkeys.
B1270706-EA53-48DC-B1FE-57F7C0CFE53F.jpeg

It’s getting cold here so it must be warming up on the top of the world?? Keep up the great work and put some more photos up of that sweet sweet sunshine.
Cheers,

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Theres that sun! Usually is sunny at least early in the morning. Saw a snapping turtle out in a lawn and a snake on the rocks by a lake last week, so everyone must be getting woken up. That reminds me, I need to work on my bee hive. Got some new boxes with a base and lid to freshen things up for my fellow workers.

Lebanese has some of those equitorial/sativa foxtails going on, should be a complex terpene profile!

Nice flowers 40degreesSouth! I was thinking about how things may be going for you guys. I was hoping to see some flower shots. Looks like some good meds!

I tried some of my friend's flower from a Michigan dispensary yesterday! It was like a 38% El Chivo is very similar to one of the phenotypes in my Sativa Candy Chunk cv. But its not one of my favorite profiles, its potent, but terpenes are more one note from what I can tell. It doesn't seem to have as much depth in the smoke.

Nothing better than homegrown! Stay tuned for the garden update! Have a good weekend! Temperatures are cranking up next week to 84 on tuesday. Perfect timing! Expecting to see some good growth!:smoke:

About The Strain
El Chivo is a heavy indica-leaning hybrid made by crossing OGKB Blueberry Headband and Grape Gasoline. The bud is predominantly green and dense with hints of purple and orange hairs. The flavor is very berry on the inhale and a skunky finish on the exhale. In lower doses, El Chivo is great for relieving stress and relaxing the mind but consider yourself forewarned - in higher doses you will be looking for a cozy spot to nap. If you are looking for a hybrid for sleepless nights or chronic pain, meet El Chivo.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Letting it dry out a little extra, due to all the rain we've been having I doubt the roots grew much sense they didn't have to go looking for water. Anyways here she is about 40" tall(not including the grow bag). My outdoor record is 12ft an just over 2lbs, hopefully she can beat it 😁
IMG_20230519_164515146_HDR~2.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts