What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Old School Arizona

Sforza

Veteran
Anyone else have a garden gnome to watch over your plants?

picture.php

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
^^^

I have a 5 inch tall ceramic cherub, that an old girlfriend left in my veggie garden many years ago, now standing guard in my secret garden.
And yes, Mrs. G. knows where it came from, as she knows I am not the type to go out and buy a 5 inch tall, ceramic cherub...:biggrin:

Madjag

Veteran
@Apache Kush

Thanks a lot. They look like they belong in our piece of the Sonoran desert, eh?

Sforza

Veteran
I have had long hair and I have had beards. To avoid getting busted, I have cleaned up and wore fashionable clothes and gone to a stylist to cut my hair. Now I am clean shaven and keep my hair short, which helps me fit in with the people I work with in my industry.

But with beard or without, with long hair or as a bald head, I have always been a rebel and I always will be. It comes naturally to us Scots-Irish, as Jim Webb explained in his excellent book, Born Fighting. It was not an accident that the Scots-Irish and moonshining both are very well represented in the Appalachians.

[YOUTUBEIF]okFznac7Lts[/YOUTUBEIF]

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Secret Agent Man...hiding in plain sight.

When I hitch hiked into Prescott in '74 my freak flag was flying. I was 21 and full of it. The line between roper and doper was clearly defined.I knew not to go into the roper bar, Matts Saloon. It was rumored that any dirty hippy going in there would be relieved of their hair. But the Palace was full on and popular bar for all.

I got my pony tail cut off in the Palace Barber shop, and went under cover........still part of the 'underground'.

peace

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I spent a week in az (phx area) last month i go there a few times a year but dont know anyone growing or how it is there nor how much underground there is anymore out there. It is still trully underground where im at, very dark.

Whats the general attitude there (if its possible to generalize)? You guys are a poss legalization state, no?

Sforza

Veteran
Secret Agent Man...hiding in plain sight.

When I hitch hiked into Prescott in '74 my freak flag was flying. I was 21 and full of it. The line between roper and doper was clearly defined.I knew not to go into the roper bar, Matts Saloon. It was rumored that any dirty hippy going in there would be relieved of their hair. But the Palace was full on and popular bar for all.

I got my pony tail cut off in the Palace Barber shop, and went under cover........still part of the 'underground'.

peace

What was funny was how girl hippies could always make the transition in a flash.

I remember a red-headed (and it was natural as the red hair was uniform on all areas where hair is known to grow) girlfriend of mine who went to school at Carnegie Mellon University. That school was all hippies and engineers and she was not an engineer.

We were both hippies and looked like it, but we got a little low on cash and she got an office job to tide us over. When she got all spruced up for her office job with makeup and her hair up, high heels, and a skirt, she looked like she had been a business woman for years. I had to admit, she looked pretty damn sexy too, almost like getting some strange without all the effort and hassle.

Sforza

Veteran
I spent a week in az (phx area) last month i go there a few times a year but dont know anyone growing or how it is there nor how much underground there is anymore out there. It is still trully underground where im at, very dark.

Whats the general attitude there (if its possible to generalize)? You guys are a poss legalization state, no?

Medical is legal, if you have a med card. You cannot grow if you live within 25 miles as the crow files of a dispensary and the dispensaries are located such that you have to live back and beyond of Bumfuck Egypt to be more than 25 miles from a dispensary because I got a ranch that is in Bumfuck Egypt and it is within 25 miles of a dispensary as the crow files, but on the other side of a mountain range.

Hopefully one or more recreational marijuana propositions will appear on 2016 ballot and pass.