What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Old School Arizona

Madjag

Veteran
No Visible Means of Support​
picture.php

We were once expecting a load from Mexico, 500 kilos, and that load of cellophane-wrapped bales took up so much room in our white, stretch panel van that we ended up with 3 of the 20 lb. bales up front in the passenger side covered with a few jackets and towels. You could smell the van 50 feet away, even with the windows all closed tightly we discovered, when we got it to Phoenix later and parked on the street, awaiting a friend to arrive. That’s sometimes the game and you have to run with it, like it or not. The paranoia, the stress, the adrenaline rush…..

picture.php

Anyway......we had used a remote airstrip in Northern Arizona that was outside of a small town. The 10 mile dirt road that went past the airport and on to other private ranches and cabins further out was unpredictable when it came to traffic. Some days only 5 vehicles might pass that way; other days only 2 early in the morning; and on vacation weekends that dusty passage could see 20 campers or hunters going past at odd times.

picture.php

We rented a 2 ton flatbed truck from U-Haul and drove it 200 miles to the remote airstrip area. One of my guys camped in it overnight since we were expecting the load at 8 am precisely. The airstrip was 20 feet above the grade of the road that passed by and ran lengthwise to the strip. One road section immediately next to the flat mesa that held the airstrip ran through a dry riverbed gully about 40 feet lower than the strip area. This was the “pinch point” that we would use, a section where the dirt road was narrow enough and surrounded by such thick vegetation that there was no way to drive around a stopped vehicle. We had the big truck parked in the middle of the road pretending that it was broken down. This would make any vehicles coming from either direction stop well out of sight from the airstrip above in the gully section of the road that we had chosen for this strategic move. My friend stood next to the truck, ready, just in case any vehicles came along the road so he could quickly lie under the truck and play the role. He had disconnected a wire to the starter so that it truly couldn't move.

Good thing he did so and that we had pushed our plan to the “Mission Impossible” level. Two rancher pickup trucks drove up at 10 minutes to 8am and were effectively blocked. One rancher got extra-helpful and climbed into our flatbed to "help" start it. It turned over and over with no start, just the solenoid trying its best. While this drama was playing out below us, the Sinaloan Air Force Cessna did an immediate landing without even making a quick fly-by as a safety check (for rocks or animals on the runway or to check for LEO or other bogies in the immediate airstrip area) and began kicking out 20 pound, cellophane-wrapped bales of primo mountain-grown Mexican sinsemilla.

picture.php

Our panel van was at the loading end so they just taxied up nearby and began the unloading process. The pilot and his helper finished in what seemed like a mere 3 minutes, gunned their motor, and blew off the runway and back to Old Mexico. Their job was finished far before our two guys could load the panel van so there was this big pile of bales lying on the open runway. Good thing we blocked the road because it was very obvious what the airplane noise was connected to. If someone had driven by the upper part of the road that had the short connector driveway leading to the airstrip it would have been a mess. It was pre-cell phone days back then in 1982 but many ranchers had CBs (Citizen Band radios) and a few even had wireless FM radios to connect to their ranch's telephone land line.

Hard to imagine how the Sinaloan Air Force could be on time coming from 500+ miles away in a twin-engine Cessna 414, but they were within 3 minutes of the exact hour. They would have most likely crossed the US-Mexico border flying 200 feet above the ground, balls-to-the-wall. No GPS back then and these guys had never even visited our strip. In a meeting in Guadalajara a month before we showed them the airstrip location on a detailed aviation map of the area, the most accurate tool for pilots back then. It surprised all of us because we had nightmares about “What if they don’t show up on time”? Would we sit there for hours and just react when we heard a plane coming in? What if we wait a whole day and it’s a no-show?

Our boys finally got all the bales into the van and drove down into the gully and stopped when they came to the "broken down" flatbed truck. This signaled Jon to quickly re-attach the starter cable and ask the rancher to give it another try. It started immediately, of course, and Jon moved the flatbed toward the nearest wide space in the road where the ranchers had room to drive past. The two ranch trucks also passed our Sinsemilla van, waved thanks, and disappeared. The van moved on down the road, taking a back dirt track to the main paved highway that connected to the Interstate and on down to Phoenix and the Valley of The Sun. The rest is history: that fine herb made its way to its final destination in New York City and Brooklyn without a glitch, thanks to our cross-country driving team that specialized in moves like that. The Brooklyn Rastas and a Soho Chinese fellow sold it all in record time.

Before we even landed back in Phoenix a few days later, they were ready for more.

Ah yes, Capitalism.

Madjag

Veteran
picture.php

Triple Beam Dream

The late 1960’s and early 1970’s had the juice. What can I say? I was a kid in high school, preparing to go to college to study pre-law, who had bought his first weed in 1967 but stashed it away, never smoking the moldy-by-then joints. When I finally got up the nerve all I found in my buried bottle was decay and stink. Fortunately the whole world of drugs and psychedelia lay directly ahead in Colorado, my college destination.

Within 6 months of entering school I had smoked weed, eaten Quaaludes, and had experienced my first acid trip at a Doors concert. Life would never be the same though in my little mind I still thought, maybe only remotely, that I might be able to carry on with the plan I had worked out with my high school counselor: study pre-law while at college, graduate, get my law degree, and then walk right out into the big, bright world to be an attorney. Why? I have no idea other than that was “the plan”. My high school was academically very competitive and the counselor basically said, “So what do you want to study, to become a doctor or a lawyer?” Where I grew up in the western suburbs of Chicago, you had to have a plan as you moved ahead in life. I guess everything was supposed to be laid out like you knew what you were doing, eh? But did we really?

“The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.” - Salvador Dali

Denver was the wild west back then and Boulder was its capitol. You could pretty much count on any weed that crossed the border from the south to make its way to Colorado and into the hands of college kids who were experimenting in new and novel ways. In 1969, my first bag of Panama Red, an easy four-finger baggy, was $15 and mighty potent. Over the next few years various Colombian, Panamanian, and Mexican strains poured in as well, all respectable, unique, and guaranteed to please. Funny how each type of herb complimented a certain experience according to an individual’s preferences…..for hiking around the mountains maybe you’d choose a joint of Acapulco Gold, for a night of pubs and beer maybe you’d choose your craziest Colombo just to make sure your friends were turned into Zombies by the end of the night, and for sex with your new girlfriend, that beautiful hippie girl who made you hard just thinking about her, some black Temple Ball hash.

For concerts I remember a definite lean toward Thai stick. It would get us into the sound zone, that psychedelic edge space, where music, visuals, and colorful stage lighting were much trippier. Of course a bit later, once we tripped out for real on Orange Sunshine or pharmaceutical Sandoz-soaked Chiclet acid, these experiences were magnified in ways one cannot describe in mere words. Weed perhaps you can pretend to quantify; acid, forget about it.

One concert back then stands out as extra special. It was held at Mammoth Gardens in Denver, an ex-skating rink turned concert venue. As I remember it held only 300, maybe 400 people, all on one floor level, with no stadium seating or chairs at all, just a simple stage 4 feet off the ground against the wall. If you stood stage-center you would be no further than 30 feet away from the performers and that’s exactly where we were for the gig. Santana opened and featured music from their newly released second album, Abraxas. Country Joe of The Fish was both the intermission entertainer and the mc for introducing the main event, which was my favorite, Eric Burdon and War. When an obviously mellow Eric slipped onto the stage the crowd went berserk and tossed joints by the 100’s at his feet. The band was all smiles and once the roar died down a bit, Burdon said, “I’d really love to, but….” as he scooped up a double handful and tossed it back into the crowd. The wine spilled for sure that night and how we made it home safely is still a mystery as it often was after a night of endless weed smoking and perhaps a bit of Tequila to boot.

My close college friend George was from Arizona and ultimately introduced me to that state on a five-day whirlwind road trip in ’72 when I visited him in Phoenix a few years after college. I’m not sure what Geo’s college major was however I’m pretty sure it was Weed with a Minor in Psychedelics. He had the Arizona connection in the palm of his hand and used it like a magic wand wherever he went in Colorado. Old high-school buddies like David or Larry would show up for a visit, always with a suitcase. One time in particular I was onsite when he opened one of those fat Samsonites and it was filled from top to bottom with layers and layers of pre-filled baggies, each an ounce, each rolled into a nice little 3-4 finger clear-plastic tube of quality seeded Mexican import. Sinsemilla didn’t show up until years later, however perfumy Thai stick filled that role in the meantime with its seedless buds nicely attached to that cute little stick.

picture.php

George had a doctor’s bag that he carried whenever he was “at work”. He only made it through one year of college before he lost interest and dropped out to follow his new vocation - dealing. Three or four years later, George was busted while doing 88 mph in a 65 zone coming back from Cali to AZ, with that same doctor’s bag full of Black Beauties, LSD, and coke sitting in the front seat of his car right next to him. His dad got him an A-1 attorney and the judge gave Geo a choice of college or jail; he chose school, became an Ear, Nose, and Throat surgeon, and had a similar doctor’s bag for real. Fate sure has many surprises……

I went to visit him in Yuma where he lived and practiced in order to have a few moles removed from my face and neck. Every time I shaved it seemed that one of them would get nicked and bleed. We went to his office on a Saturday when no one else was there and he had me sit in the patient chair by the big glass cabinet. He pulled out his keys, unlocked the cabinet door, and pulled out a bottle of Merck pharmaceutical cocaine. As he opened the bottle and poured out some little spheres of coke he said, “One for you, one for me, two for you, two for me…”. He dropped the spheres into a small cup of pure water, let them dissolve, and snorted the wizard water up his nostrils. Mmmmm-good. I joined him and he announced now we were almost ready for surgery. First he turned on his office stereo and cranked up Little Feet, one of his favorite bands. As I leaned back in the leather examination chair Geo commenced cutting out my moles which bled like a balloon being pierced, blood just pouring out of my face. One mole on my nose was particularly productive and soaked my nice new shirt even though I had a protective gown over my chest. Faces sure can bleed and noses win the Niagara prize for the best flow.

picture.php

In addition to his black doctor’s bag for carrying weed, hash, coke, Black Beauties, Quaaludes, or Acid, George had a hard plastic container with a handle on top that contained a magical instrument. Not unlike the surgical tools of a true medical man this hefty container held an Ohaus Triple Beam scale, the tool of choice for dealers and medicine men everywhere in the early 70’s. One day I would come to love mine, too, but that day was still a few years off for me. For now it was George’s sidekick, accompanying him to special events that required precision and professional flair. While other scoundrels pulled out their tiny ounce-count postal scale, the type you hang a baggy from while you hold it in the air, George had the big gun. If weight, not count, was the concern, he would pull out his 50 gram brass weight in order to calibrate the scale, weigh it and make sure he was accurate within a 1/10 of a gram, and go to work.

picture.php

It was lovely work, too. Imagine you’re 19 and your best friend has everything possible from Pandora’s box available 24/7. It got to be a little much let’s just say, yes, the wages of sin. I was also one of his testers who got to try any acid that George was currently offering his clients, Purple Owsley, Orange Barrel Sunshine, blotter acid, and one that I found through another friend that we all went wild over, pharmaceutical LSD from Sandoz in liquid form that was dripped one drop at a time over miniature Chiclet gum pieces. The folks dripping those doses from their laboratory eye-droppers obviously were flyin’ on their own supply because some Chiclets had such a big drop that it ran around the Chiclet and almost touched itself on the other side. Those pieces were highly-prized because it was nearly a double dose, but by God, you soon discovered that you probably weren’t meant to have that much. Lots of casualties in those days, wandering the streets at 2 in the morning, looking at streetlamps for hours or trying to cross the 4-lane highway and couldn’t because it’s too difficult to distinguish the cars from the trails they left. One roommate of ours painted the bathroom walls with his shit since it looked so nice and natural, at least at the moment….

The trusty Triple Beam got a lot of use with Geo putting it to work. Those were the drug heydays and it seemed that everywhere you went there were new and exciting people higher than kites, doing incredible things on amazing drugs. Heroin, coke, and meth didn’t even make the scene until many years later when Persian Brown or Mexican Black Tar showed up in general public. Those heavies were always around, just not part of the typical hippie lifestyle that I was living. We all knew of the rock stars who preferred that downer H buzz like Neil Young, the Stones, Janice and Jimi, and many of the old blues men, but I was more a witness to the massive tidal wave of mind-altering drugs and plant powers that opened many a heart and mind.

The trusty Arizona weed connection meant that that scale would stay busy for years, however slowly but surely George’s acid connection morphed from tabs and caps to baggies of powder and the scale was frequently weighing out ounces of acid instead of ounces of fine herb. Wholesalers who were willing to do the work of capping their own capsules in order to make even more profit were lining up, too. Ounces of powder soon lead to pounds of powder and those elusive pounds eventually lead to the pure liquid itself, sold only in ounces. Dangerous stuff, that…..

picture.php

“You have no idea who I think I am”

Dr. Munchies in Scottsdale was the hip place to hang out, have a drink, and rub elbows with the rich and infamous. It stayed open later than typical restaurants and bars, actually well past the legal Arizona alcohol serving time of 1 am for last call. The food was excellent and so was the selection of great Tequilas and Single Malt Whiskies. It had real espresso, Italian-style, and fresh French bread daily. The maître d’ was a groovy guy about 35 years old with flowing, full, black hair down to his waist and was dressed in a white or black, full-length tux with tails. He was European judging by his accent and all the ladies in particular (and a few guys I’m sure) loved talking to him for any reason. And he was tan, baby; he must have laid by the pool a lot.

Drug dealers enjoyed dropping in and making it all too apparent that they were in “the business”. This was long before Mexican, Colombian, or other international cartels would hit the nightlife scene in cities across the US except perhaps Miami which was truly the northern tip of South America even back then. For Phoenix or Tucson though, Mexican drug importers wouldn’t be showing off like this, only gringo dealers would. It somehow went with the territory to let it go to your head. Maybe it was a version of the high-school jock show-off or perhaps the “I’m-better-than-you” rich kid syndrome. Whatever it was, it was painfully obvious to us weed growing ninjas who kept really low profiles. We were happy to be able to grow our sinsemilla, sell it all to one or two dealers, and live a quiet, peaceful life in a small town in the mountains. No Ferraris, young girlfriends, or gold necklace strands for us; maybe just a good, used 4x4 for the back roads with a nice Sony Supertuner and decent speakers, and of course a month in Jamaica chilling by the beach in Negril after harvest….…hahaha.

George was something in between the obvious dealers and the invisible growers. Born and raised in Scottsdale, he felt at home anywhere he went in his home turf, be it a dirty dive bar, a topless joint like The Highliter, or the trendy Dr. Munchies. One night we went to Munchies with Geo and met another old-time Phoenix friend of his who had moved to northern California in the early 70’s in order to pioneer the acid lab scene. Finally we all got to meet the secret source behind George’s LSD mania, Steve. He seemed like a cool numan, laid back with that definite Arizona born-and-bred air about him. A true Space Cowboy I found out later with a mean streak a mile long, too.

Meeting Steve-O was not a big deal to me until I heard what he was up to. Then the wheels in my head started spinning as George explained the LSD pyramid for us and Steve just nodded and glanced around to make sure no one at a nearby table was listening in to our conversation. DEA and Customs agents hung out in easy targets like Dr. Munchies, hoping to work their way into the drug crowd, attend a party or two, and start buying and building a case.

The Acid Pyramid production breakdown was this:

• 1 oz. of liquid pharmaceutical LSD + 15 oz. of rice powder = 1 lb. of pure Acid powder
  • 1 lb. of pure Acid powder = 16 ounces of pure Acid powder
  • Each ounce of pure Acid powder was again cut with 15 oz. of rice powder to make 16 the new, cut pounds. Each pound was then capped into individual street doses. The potency of the dose was determined by the size of the capsule that you used. So was your profit to a degree, but let’s not be greedy when talking about pounds of LSD. It just doesn’t make sense…

I was stunned to realize that 1 oz of liquid acid could potentially make 250 pounds of street Acid. It has been a long time since those days were fresh in my memory, however according to George a pound of the final cut powder would cap out to make somewhere around 200-300 single dose caps. Maybe it was more, I don’t remember. Still, that would be in the ballpark of 50,000 – 75,000 caps of creamy, fresh mind-altering fun…..all from one oz. of liquid LSD.

I hope one of you reading this can correct my figures because I have a feeling that they are too conservative. Somehow the distant memory pops up that it was more in the 100,000s of doses, but please, don’t spare my mathematical memory. If you know, you know. Share it will ‘ya.

Those days slipped by quickly, looking back, and before I knew it I was out in a remote canyon, digging dirt, planting seeds, and hoping for a safe harvest. It took three years of practice to learn my trade well enough that I could have retired after the 4th year harvest. I didn’t retire and instead yielded to the siren song of dollars in the form of bales of weed. At least I didn’t fall for the coca dream or get enticed to export firearms for drugs. I met those guys later and that story has yet to be told…..but I will, oh yes, I will.

Last edited:

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
Temple Ball hash.
We had a direct connect to some. My buddy knew someone 'over there' that would send him leather bound art books that were loaded up with that kind. It was when levis were gold. Sometimes my friend would send levis back in trade.
I bought an ounce of it for 100 bucks. I usually would sell enough of something to break even, but not this stuff. Kept it all.
It was the first time I ate anything to get high. One gram in the morning for an all dayer, plus all the hash burps you could handle.
Fun times.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Ahhh, the Temple Ball hash. I remember it all too well from the 70's. It was very dark, kind of a dark smoky black color.
Smooth on the outside, and kinda like Play-doh in a shade of dark, split-pea-soup-green color on the inside. Break off a small piece and drop it into the old favorite hash pipe!

Around 1981, a buddy of mine got a great connection for hash again... It was the real-deal, black Afghani or north India hash..
It came in what Dale called "pancakes". It was round discs, about 6 inches in diameter and about 3/4 inch thick.
It had the gold leaf imprint stamped into it with a wooden block and was wrapped in the type of red paper that you used to see "Blackcat" firecrackers wrapped in...
The discks (pancakes) were a quarter kilo apiece. (250 grams)

I bought dozens and dozens of them from my buddy...
When people saw the real hash of the 70's back again, everyone wanted some...
Everybody was grabbing up ounces of that stuff for their personal stash..

I decided to make "Toll House" chocolate chip cookies with it one day.. Used the recipe on the wrapper and made several batches..
I decided to use 1/3 gram of this delicious hash per cookie, but figured a 1/2 gram would be fun to make some with...
I ended up with about 3 or 4 dozen of the 1/3 grammers and about a dozen and a half of the half grammers..
All my friends loved them... The lighter dose cookies would get you off with a really nice heavy stone that lasted most of the day. The 1/2 gram cookies (at least for me) would put a smile on my face that you couldn't knock off with a stick, and I needed to have a girlfriend lead me around by the hand all day...

In regards to Madjag's excellent (as usual) story, I always used to want one of those fancy Ohaus beams with the dial adjuster on it.. But I bought a plain-jane Ohaus triple beam,
and have been totally happy with it for 38 years...
Keep it clean and handle it carefully and they will weigh your goods accurately, forever...
For some reason, mine always seems to get real sticky every year around November/December, so I just wipe it down with alcohol.
Funny thing is, back in the mid 80's, it didn't get quite so sticky, but it seemed to get this bad case of a dusty white coating on it.. Hmm.. it hasn't done that for decades now..

Attachments

• triple beam.jpg
    triple beam.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 20

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I too still run with a triple beam. And it's the same age as yours.

But I started with the little scales you could buy at the head shops. They had a roach clip to attatch your baggy, and the other end was a fixed wgt. One side read grams and the other oz. When bags were 10 bucks no one cared how accurate they were. Now that weed is outta sight that wouldn't cut it. But I still have it and still works. I weighed many many bags with that.

Last edited:

Sforza

Veteran
Being a chemistry major in school, somehow quite a few Ohaus triple beams came up missing from various labs and ended being used to weigh up various illegal trade items. I have had the kind with the little weight that slid along a beam and the kind with the dial. I never did use a weight to verify that it was weighing correctly by using a standardized weight. I figured as long as it balanced when nothing was on it, it was close enough. I liked the magnetic damping that helped to slow down the oscillations so you could get the final weight quicker.

Labs started using electronic scales after a while and one of those came up missing too. I was nice to be able to just hit the tare button and then get your exact weight.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
brings back a few memories for me too.

i used to frequent the hill and purchased many ounces of acid powder that was selectively redistributed.
it was wild back then. park on a side street and walk up to hear barkers pitching their deals...acid, shrooms, weed, sopers...whatever you could imagine these characters had no qualms about offering what they were pushing.

one trip for weed took us into the mountains to a lonely cabin that was lined with kilo bricks of columbian. that was late sixties/early seventies.

thanx for bringing that back.

Apache Kush

Hola my AZ Amigos! How is everyone doing been a while?

Check out this article if your bored...http://www.littlethings.com/gete-okosomin-big-old-squash-v1/

^Archaeologist unearthed a 800 year old Native American vase. They found 800 year old extinct squash seeds
and they actually germinated some of them! The results are huge.. no massive squash unlike any in the modern catalog, check it out..

talk about seed storage wow!

Manivelle

Veteran
nice link apache. i remember a video on youtube of some young guys filming themselves playing with ballots that was burried . i think i had send the link to sam back then .

Madjag

Veteran
A place like a bookstore where I can get lost (and found) for hours.

When I used to walk toward the famous used bookstore in Flagstaff, Bookman's Books, my two young daughters would pull me back, one on each arm, because they knew that it meant that they would be in there for hours......

picture.php

Madjag

Veteran
Eventually they gave in and discovered the beauty of books for themselves. Then they would ask if we could stop at Bookman's whenever we went up to Flag.....

mack 10

Veteran
Acid water? wow! blotter was good enough, i can only imagine what the true
acid beholds...

Yono

Some time during the second semester of Bob's Freshman year, which would have been early '95 (old school enough?), a couple people got busted, rolled and dropped his name for selling. As a result, he was called out of class, carted down to the office and searched. In his backpack they found a pipe, lighter and a half oz of some green mexi buds so big they had to be broken to fit in a sandwich bag. A quarter bag was often a single, 3-finger-wide bud the length of a ziplock. No visible trichs, and moderately compressed with a fair amount of dark solid-brown seeds, but still 10-12"+ fully budded spears. And even a qp was nothing but.

978oaq.jpg

Bob would see Christmas Buds starting around November each year, but they'd be gone by February. Bob would later find Christmas Buds on the east coast, available year round for a much higher price. Locals thought they were called Christmas Buds because they were shaped like Christmas trees. Bob could see it, they were round on the bottom and pointy at the top, at least partly indica, somewhat frosty and piney smelling, but proposing the idea that some people might call them Christmas Buds because they were only available around Christmas time was met with a blank stare.

2583ty9.jpg

In old school AZ, prices didn't seem to change that much with the level of quality. Christmas Bud seemed to go for either the exact same price as the ubiquitos reggie spears (just called Bud at the time), or only $5 more regardless of quantity. Bob used to occassionally see some kind of raddish-purple haired sativa that was even better than Christmas Bud and still only 65 a zip! The purple hair was only ever around long enough to cop one bag, and only 2-3 bags were ever copped total.

351bfpd.jpg

So rare was the purple hair bud that it was thought to be someones homegrown, but after becoming familiar with the 120/q's of triched-out Blueberry

1h2qlf.jpg

and AK47

thenug-TWUbvbnQKx.jpg

that started showing up after 215 it became clear that the purple hair was still some type of sexi mexi. After a long run the AK dried up and replacement strains where then dubbed SKS. Not AK, but similar.

After being caught with the 1/2 oz of schwag and a chamber pipe, Bob was arrested, received a 90 day suspension and an expulsion, though the expulsion was later reversed. After being released from Juvi, Bob's grandmother grilled and interrogated him, stopping short of waterboarding but asking all kinds of questions like how much a bag of pot cost etc., so Bob, of course, lied and told her $30 so she wouldn't be suspicious of him having $20 or $25 for a quarter sack in the future.

After about three weeks of sitting at home, suspended from school, one of their neighbors, .P Hellagreeno, called the house and asked Bob if he'd be willing to cut her grass the following day, for which she'd pay him $30. Bob had been to her house many times, though not recently and had never done any work for her, but he said he would cut her grass and they agreed on 3:00pm. What Bob didn't think about is how little grass this lady actually has. It is in Arizona, after all. Her house sits on 8+ acres with a knee wall around 1-2 acres of backyard, but only maybe 200 sq ft of grass off her back patio. She was going to pay him $30 to cut some 200sq ft. or so of grass.

Yono

To get to her house, you followed a trail through the desert that led to a hitching post behind her pool house, and from there the path had you step over the knee wall next to the pool house and you're in her backyard. In years since, prickley pear cactus has been planted across the trail at the property line and all around the hitching post, and an electric fence strung above the knee wall. A patch of Firecracker penstemon has been planted in front of where you used-to step over the knee wall, presumably to stop anyone from having the idea of doing so, but the stepping stones and path to the hitching post are still there. The old dirt road bearing her name has been paved but still single-lane. 3-strand barbed wire has been put up along the road, but Javelina have torn it down to the ground where the trail crosses. Even 6-strand won't stop them.

1f2033902129b136b5853412d12e50e0.jpg

At 2:55pm, the day after .P called, Bob set out on the dusty trail for her house. Thinking that she was expecting him, and going the same way he'd gone any other time he'd gone to swim or play air hockey, he followed the trail, stepped over the ankle wall and walked towards her back door. As he got to her back patio, though, a 120lb Rottweiler came barreling through the doggy door and sunk his teeth straight into Bobs left forearm like any trained attack dog you've ever seen on TV.

9491466_orig.jpg

So the paramedics come, and there's blood all over....

w2qs4.jpg

and Bob overhears the ones not treating him directly being told by .P that he was supposed to have arrived at 3:30, and that he wasn't expected so early. At 3:00. Like he was doing 55 in a 54, so unequivocally his fault he got torn a new armhole. And as he heared her saying this, he replayed the phone call back in his head and remembered clear as day that they had both said 3 O'Clock.

what's%20the%20time,%20grandma%20wolf.jpg

Yono

After getting home from the hospital, Bobs grandfather looked at his bandaged-up left forearm and with a face as white as a ghost he said ".... when I heard you got bit by that dog, I regretted every bad thing I ever said about you..." and it was at that moment that Bob realized that his grandmother and her neighbor had him "accidentally"

9fvbqq.jpg

mauled by the Rot as punishment for dealing drugs at school.

aucb5c.jpg

jan-brady-accident-meme.png

2njy0ao.jpg