What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

ganjic

Tent at day 60, have defoliated some to ripen up the lower buds.

picture.php

TheScrogFrog

Day 66 12/12 on the 108w screw-in LED tent:

Chop time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

What's with the weird crispy leaves? Is this an LED thing?

No idear, buds look amazing.

Good 10-14 day dry upcoming.

:)

Arf

Chop time.

View Image

View Image

View Image

What's with the weird crispy leaves? Is this an LED thing?

No idear, buds look amazing.

Good 10-14 day dry upcoming.

:)

I get the crispy thing on the haze when they are too close to the LEDs, but not the SK#1 next to it. So I think it's a strain, light intensity heat thing. ie. several variables. But like yours, the bud looks fine.

its eating its food reserves, when they turn brown and curl up, i like to cut them off, before they crumble and end up in your flowers

because of the higher activity in the tops (warmer more light) it goes faster than below

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
nice work frogger, whas the next round? did ya ever grow any off the c99nevhackabusiveSD f2s yet?

BILD0899.jpg

i love bondage, standing up they would be 50cm tall, thats crazy useless tall

left esko's blue rocket (apollo 11 x blueberry)
middle herijuana
right jackberry
all regular, little over a month from seed

dboi87

Would anyone mind explaining how or pointing me in the direction of a good thread on how to build and wire socket fixtures like you guys have made? I've been able to find videos on YouTube of how to wire a single socket but none go in depth on how to safely wire multiple sockets into a single fixture.

webecat

They jump fixture to fixture, black goes to the brass screw, white to the silver screw (if you use romex). For the male plug the white wire go to the larger prong. Check out Blynx's other thread to see pictures.

Dakine

Veteran
View Image

i love bondage, standing up they would be 50cm tall, thats crazy useless tall

left esko's blue rocket (apollo 11 x blueberry)
middle herijuana
right jackberry
all regular, little over a month from seed

Wow lol all from seed? Are you planning on taking clones to run again?So the others are already done flushin and there drying?

Ganjic- How big is that tent bro? Its like the perfect size for Seedlings and clones.. That would free up my veg space ALOT.. How much do you get usually from it?

IT amazes me that no matter how small you grow A plant, As long as the enviroment is perfect you will get the same exact DANK BUD as A plant 10x the size..Good fricken job u guys.

im planning on doing some crosses & revegging whatever has the blueberry pallet, then cross that again with different pheno.. rinse n repeat :)
at least trying to not use my regular seedstock that im tired of

dboi87

Bought two different brands today.

These
attachment.php
attachment.php
]

And these
attachment.php
attachment.php

Should I use them as is or should I modify them further (remove more shit)? The one set has that white ring and two little spikes that are marked - and +

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 19
M

Mr. Sparkle

the second ones remove the plastic circular center and your golden, you could clip the power leads shorter if wanting to

dboi87

Ok I wasn't sure how vital to the bulb the plastic circle was.

Those leads.... are they dangerous? Like are they a shock or fire hazard?

doams

well those gu10 socket leds have all leds under glass so there is a a barrier between led chips they are not exposed ..there is also a reduction if you have like e27 sockets..
little safer than having exposed led chips in the open
those chips might run up to 100 Celsius prob hotter at the chip level not sure if thats enough to start a fire..

Last edited:

doams

Would anyone mind explaining how or pointing me in the direction of a good thread on how to build and wire socket fixtures like you guys have made? I've been able to find videos on YouTube of how to wire a single socket but none go in depth on how to safely wire multiple sockets into a single fixture.

its not that hard done it lately look @this pic
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7677199&postcount=4
from the thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=334070

you can use two long wires cut a little off plastic for the connection for each socket.. you dont have to cut many short cables just use one long for + and other one for minus..
you will need a piece of flat wood cut holes in that wood and screw the sockets with M3 screws to that base.. connect both wires to a plug and thats it.

Last edited:

Gnz

Those spike/leads are a mild to moderate shock hazard depending on your cardiac health

Latest posts

Latest posts