What's new

New Caledonia

elanius

Veteran
This one was probably the wildest expression from the bunch (5 females). Late flowering onset, smaller calyxes a lot of hairs and very serrated leafs. Unfortunately I dont have a pics of overall plant structure as they all were grafted on one plant, and this one had low vigor (on the graft), didnt grow much, mostly in the budding phase. 11 weeks was the time the resin started to turn amber, but as you can see she also pushed fresh pistils and bracts in denial what was about to happen. :sasmokin:
The smell was also different, having some kind of sour red fruit aroma mixed in with the standard NC base (musky, creamy, citrus mix). What really surprised me on this female was the potency. Few tokes and we were blasted, on the edge of being overpowered...what the hell, she looked so innocent! The high leaned heavily to the Thai side, strong soaring, long lasting and immersive visual effect.

DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0091.JPG
DSC_0095.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you got one that really stands out for its potency and cerebral effects @elanius :D if her terps are up there with the best ones, make sure to keep clones because you will miss her when she leaves heheheh

As always, impressive growing and appreciation skills from your side, thanks for sharing your beautiful pics and experience with us :smoke:

early_bird

Veteran
#2, Flowering Day 88

Progress is very slow, but it seems the resin improved noticably.

The Trichomes are mostly cloudy, some even start to get brownish colour (see lower right on 3rd picture), look quite ripe to me, i think it´s time to chop soon.

I´m bad in judging smells, i would say it changed a bit from citrus in the direction of orange now, having now a nice citrus-orange smell.

2023-10-28-43-0001.jpg 2023-10-28-43-0003.jpg 2023-10-28-43-0002.jpg

early_bird

Veteran
Flowering Day 95 - Time for Harvest :canabis:

Put them in the dark and will chop on monday. Smoke Report coming soon.

I´m not so great with smells but try to descibe as good i can.
Would say orange notes dominate, the very present citrus i got last weeks is far in the background now. But it´s not pure orange, i would say it has some creamy touch.

I´m overall very happy, love the big coalas and resin production on the buds, despite of poor growing and PH-issues.

2023-11-04-27-0003.jpg 2023-11-04-27-0002.jpg 2023-11-04-27-0001.jpg

Last edited:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
NC 1 is chugging away. This one does not have as much tutti fruiti aroma as I had hoped, but still she has enticing grassy and spicy vegetal aromas. Heavily seeded with a beautiful NC male. I messed up my feeding early on and got a little tip burn but she is still gorgeous and looks like will be a heavy yielder. :)
PXL_20231111_130914327.MP.jpg
PXL_20231111_130942582.jpg
PXL_20231111_131039488.jpg

JonnyWeedSeed

Texas Tea, OMG what a grow. Picture perfect. I'd like to make homemade ice cream from those buds!!!!
I late harvested the last and 4th shoot of my New Caledonia girl from this Summer ... I ran out of time then was out of town for a bit. Weather was amazingly dry for 3 weeks. So came back this weekend and found this beautiful specimen begging to be plucked. Another harvest platter of happiness. Was someone looking for seconds?

Attachments

• NC Late Harvest 1.jpg
    NC Late Harvest 1.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 141
  • NC Late Harvest 2.jpg
    NC Late Harvest 2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 141
  • NC Late Harvest 3.jpg
    NC Late Harvest 3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 148

goingrey

Texas Tea, OMG what a grow. Picture perfect. I'd like to make homemade ice cream from those buds!!!!
I late harvested the last and 4th shoot of my New Caledonia girl from this Summer ... I ran out of time then was out of town for a bit. Weather was amazingly dry for 3 weeks. So came back this weekend and found this beautiful specimen begging to be plucked. Another harvest platter of happiness. Was someone looking for seconds?
Interesting pink hue on the single bud pic. Is it the photo/lighting or really like this?

JonnyWeedSeed

Interesting pink hue on the single bud pic. Is it the photo/lighting or really like this?
Hey goingrey, yes its pink for sure but this plant is so overripe and endured 27 degree temps earlier this week that I wouldn't read too much into it. I was expecting purple colors but noooooo. Lucky it was 4 meters off the ground. I harvested the other 3 stems 2 weeks ago. Plant was a freaking monster! This is vigorous genetics!

JonnyWeedSeed

I forgot to mention that I think this plant is an expression of the 2nd tropical phenotype that Dubi identified on the first page of this thread. I've always got the tutti-fruity pheno in the past .... first time for this one. It leans more tropical sativa ... very tall and lanky with a pungent woody-musky-spicy aroma with a touch of fuel ... turpentine I think. No citrus or sweet fruit at all. very woody. Haven't had anything like it before. Rolled one yesterday from the early harvest .... smokes nice and smooth with a rich smoke kinda like a cigar. Effect was moderate strength, good energy (not nervy), moderately euphoric but functional and social. Lasted a good hour or two and didn't leave me dragging. Fired right up again. Friendly .. I like it!