What's new

New Caledonia

Koondense

Veteran
First time i heard such strong hermie traits in released New Caledonia generation
🙁
I'm really sorry @Koondense please accept my apologies.
Accepted <3
I guess it just can happen.
I'm mostly bummed because it was preventable if I could check them better before going away. Never crossed my mind to be careful because as you say there was no such issues in the line and it was totally unexpected for me.
Sadly similar happened with Sheelawathi, just later because she had a much longer transition to flower. Her male parts were also getting too many so "it" had to go.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
First time i heard such strong hermie traits in released New Caledonia generation 🙁 I'm really sorry @Koondense please accept my apologies.
Accepted <3
I guess it just can happen.
I'm mostly bummed because it was preventable if I could check them better before going away. Never crossed my mind to be careful because as you say there was no such issues in the line and it was totally unexpected for me.
Sadly similar happened with Sheelawathi, just later because she had a much longer transition to flower. Her male parts were also getting too many so "it" had to go.

Cheers

elanius

Veteran
New Caledonia harvested @ 9 weeks of flower, I had 5 females and there is a lot of variety but some very interesting expressions. Here are the first two that went down.

This one had most amazing smell during flower, I compared it some pages ago to a classic SE Asian musky exotic fruit smell, pretty spot on to wild Borneo Asam Embang mangoes. However, as the buds dried it was all gone. It smells now exactly like Mextizas or Oaxaca79, very familiar smell. The high was up and euphoric while fresh, but the cure brought some lethargy, still pretty enjoyable and potent effect. It was my favorite at first but the cure revealed much better phenotype eventually.
DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

This one was somehow a bit overripe on the tops @ 9 weeks, in general I was surprised how fast they all flowered. The best part was the smell - mix of passion fruit, vanilla and chocolate. Amazing smell but the high was bit too heavy for my taste. I definitely liked the longer flowering females much more.
DSC_0021r.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

Little preview on the follow up with the longer flowering females, this girl had bright orange musky woody smell, more pics to come!
DSC_0051.JPG

Last edited:

goingrey

This one was somehow a bit overripe on the tops @ 9 weeks, in general I was surprised how fast they all flowered. The best part was the smell - mix of passion fruit, vanilla and chocolate. Amazing smell but the high was bit too heavy for my taste. I definitely liked the longer flowering females much more.
Smell sounds incredible and I don't mind a heavy high, hope I come across this pheno some day.

early_bird

Veteran
Wow @elanius , thats incredible fast :oops:
How much hours of light your babys got ?

Update from my NC #2, Flowering Day 54.
#3 got a male so i just left with this one.

Still not very healthy but i try my best :comfort:
She is still stretching, you see the growth on the top of the plant, switch to 11/13 today (actually 11.25/12.75).
I love the bud development on the side branches, she is doing very well here.

Bud development goes very, very slow i wonder how long this will take.

I´m not good in describing smells, was quite unique in vegi when i touched her, some kind of spicy, reminds me of some curry.
Now as the resin appears buds are more fruicy, but still a faint smell.

I was visiting a friend last week, looking at some still unsexed Old Hazes in Vegi there, don´t know exactly which kind, Orginal Haze, Tom Hill or some cross between something like that. The smell was exactly the same when i rubbed the stem, kind of curry.

Attachments

• 2023-09-0001.jpg
    2023-09-0001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 126
  • 2023-09-0002.jpg
    2023-09-0002.jpg
    815.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

early_bird

Veteran
Thanks Hasch.
Yes i trained the main stem, it´s the left one in the picture, but actually not much, may 10-15cm down was enough for the side branches to keep up. Did it very early.
She measures little more than 1m now.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I've been missing that tutti fruit aroma...here is my NC 1 at about 3 or 4 weeks into flower. Just a lovely plant, and she has the same spiky flower structure that I saw the very first time I grew this strain. At the time I was confused and thought it might be Hermie simply because I had not seen this shape before. Dubi wisely held his tongue at the time because it quickly became obvious that both my plants were firm females. I'm looking forward to another stellar plant this go round.

I could have taken cuts, but plant two is a spectacular male with beautiful branchy structure...so I will skip the cut and make seeds instead, hehe... :)

PXL_20230930_155111055.jpg
PXL_20230930_155211161.jpg
PXL_20230930_155327027.jpg

RobFromTX

I've been missing that tutti fruit aroma...here is my NC 1 at about 3 or 4 weeks into flower. Just a lovely plant, and she has the same spiky flower structure that I saw the very first time I grew this strain. At the time I was confused and thought it might be Hermie simply because I had not seen this shape before. Dubi wisely held his tongue at the time because it quickly became obvious that both my plants were firm females. I'm looking forward to another stellar plant this go round.

I could have taken cuts, but plant two is a spectacular male with beautiful branchy structure...so I will skip the cut and make seeds instead, hehe... :)

View attachment 18897585 View attachment 18897586 View attachment 18897587

I love the bud structure. Its all over the place. Do they expand pretty fast during flower? How tall are these ones?

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Yeah, it definitely fills out nicely. I'm not sure yet how this one will go, but I'm thinking it will be very similar to the green pheno that I had rather than the very fruity colorful one. But I don't know. Will be fun to watch and see how the aromas develop. :)

JonnyWeedSeed

My outdoor NC is showing that it's a very pure sativa pheno. Super tall (almost 5 meters!) and lanky, and buds don't have any of the tutti-fruity terpines of my last batch of these. Fine sandlewood, frankincense, and earthy-woody-mild skunkiness. Very late to flower ... if the molds can stay away this thing may flower until November!

Attachments

• NC3.jpg
    NC3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • NC2.jpg
    NC2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 129

need4weed

Veteran
My outdoor NC is showing that it's a very pure sativa pheno. Super tall (almost 5 meters!) and lanky, and buds don't have any of the tutti-fruity terpines of my last batch of these. Fine sandlewood, frankincense, and earthy-woody-mild skunkiness. Very late to flower ... if the molds can stay away this thing may flower until November!
She looks a wild girl

Ras Kali Rasta

Thanks @RobFromTX
i actually had a pretty severe calcium deficiency in the NC and Zamaldelica this season but as usual, the Ace genetics shine through. The flavours are a bit different than advertised due to deficiencies and possibly other soil/nutrient factors. Still delicious but more dark and sweet, rather than bright and citric. It even reminded me a little of the Purple Old Timer's Haze. The mango/orange fruit flavours of the Zamaldelica fems became more peachy and the musk flavour became more prominent. The Golden Tiger had a sweet ripe mango flavour in place of the lemony terps. The GT wasn't as affected by Ca deficiency, leading me to think there are other factors at play. I'll make some alterations to my soil mix and see how it goes in the next season.

@need4weed
Sativas (technically, tropical indicas) can be heavy (eg Malawi, Panama Red) but I wouldn't describe New Caledonia that way. It's stimulating and anxiolytic at the same time - in the ballpark of Tikal or Orient Express - perhaps a bit brighter like Panama Godess phenos, with a euphoria similar to Zamaldelica, but without the intensity that can spill over into disphoria. The comedown is clean - feels like you haven't been smoking.
Dubi says that it is a strain best consumed in the first three months. I am at that point and I do detect some degradation.
Time to vac pack and freeze the remaining Stash.

right

The Mexican became very Dutch in 96 . Rumor was that the cartel brought back a briefcase full of seed In. 96. Mexi is purple skunk or some type of cross. They were trying to sell to am American clientele, but lost all of the original land race strains.

Hawaiian was eradicated by the US government. Panama was knocked down with noreaga and if my memory is correct Pablo wanted the Rojo replaced with cocaine.

Latest posts

Latest posts