What's new

New Caledonia

elanius

Veteran
Glad you got one that really stands out for its potency and cerebral effects @elanius :D if her terps are up there with the best ones, make sure to keep clones because you will miss her when she leaves heheheh

As always, impressive growing and appreciation skills from your side, thanks for sharing your beautiful pics and experience with us :smoke:

Oh no worries, I keep backups of everything nowadays, learned my lesson the hard way haha.
Appreciate the kind words Dubi, thank you!

Here is the last female, and my favorite. I started to notice her more in the 2nd phase of flowering, when the terps got surprisingly loud with very intoxicating scent of sweet coffee, vanilla and musky citrus-zesty background, very unique combination of aromas ime and with great intensity, overshadowing the rest of the plants. Being near this one, I almost couldn't smell anything else in the box. She flowered just for about 9-10 weeks, the bud structure was a little leafier, but still very nice. Smaller trichs, glistening in the lightning with a promise of something good inside them. And good it is! Excellent smoke. Clear, euphoric, positive and potent yet socially friendly. The terps hold on even after longer cure with this one and the dried buds smell quite similar to the fresh one. Already run this one few times and the smell gets me every time.
DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Flowering Day 95 - Time for Harvest :canabis:

Put them in the dark and will chop on monday. Smoke Report coming soon.

I´m not so great with smells but try to descibe as good i can.
Would say orange notes dominate, the very present citrus i got last weeks is far in the background now. But it´s not pure orange, i would say it has some creamy touch.

I´m overall very happy, love the big coalas and resin production on the buds, despite of poor growing and PH-issues.

View attachment 18914341 View attachment 18914340 View attachment 18914339

Congrats on your bountiful sativa harvest @early_bird ;) impressive colas, i'm sure the potency and quality of the flowers will be up there despite yellowing of the leaves, please let us know your opinion once you are familiarized with the finished cured product. Enjoy!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
NC 1 is chugging away. This one does not have as much tutti fruiti aroma as I had hoped, but still she has enticing grassy and spicy vegetal aromas. Heavily seeded with a beautiful NC male. I messed up my feeding early on and got a little tip burn but she is still gorgeous and looks like will be a heavy yielder. :) View attachment 18917068 View attachment 18917069 View attachment 18917070

Beautiful expression @TexasTea :) quite tropìcal in the flower structure, yet producing meaty resinous buds, glad you found a nice pair for her.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I forgot to mention that I think this plant is an expression of the 2nd tropical phenotype that Dubi identified on the first page of this thread. I've always got the tutti-fruity pheno in the past .... first time for this one. It leans more tropical sativa ... very tall and lanky with a pungent woody-musky-spicy aroma with a touch of fuel ... turpentine I think. No citrus or sweet fruit at all. very woody. Haven't had anything like it before. Rolled one yesterday from the early harvest .... smokes nice and smooth with a rich smoke kinda like a cigar. Effect was moderate strength, good energy (not nervy), moderately euphoric but functional and social. Lasted a good hour or two and didn't leave me dragging. Fired right up again. Friendly .. I like it!
Glad you like this new one too @JonnyWeedSeed :yes: although she is woodier, not so fruity like most New Caledonians.
Interesting pink hue on the single bud pic. Is it the photo/lighting or really like this?
the pigmentation in this case is mainly due to cold and deficiency of macronutrients at the end of plants life.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Oh no worries, I keep backups of everything nowadays, learned my lesson the hard way haha.
Appreciate the kind words Dubi, thank you!

Here is the last female, and my favorite. I started to notice her more in the 2nd phase of flowering, when the terps got surprisingly loud with very intoxicating scent of sweet coffee, vanilla and musky citrus-zesty background, very unique combination of aromas ime and with great intensity, overshadowing the rest of the plants. Being near this one, I almost couldn't smell anything else in the box. She flowered just for about 9-10 weeks, the bud structure was a little leafier, but still very nice. Smaller trichs, glistening in the lightning with a promise of something good inside them. And good it is! Excellent smoke. Clear, euphoric, positive and potent yet socially friendly. The terps hold on even after longer cure with this one and the dried buds smell quite similar to the fresh one. Already run this one few times and the smell gets me every time.
View attachment 18917774
View attachment 18917773
View attachment 18917775
View attachment 18917776
What a beauty :love: @elanius your description really made me smile, those terpy ones of clear, super happy effects are my favorite ones, the quality of their uplifting effect and appealing terpenes makes come back to their jars again and again heheheheh enjoy your New Caledonians, all you friends, you really deserve it!

early_bird

Veteran
New Caledonia Smoke Report
========================

95 Day Pheno, i´ve grown just one Plant.
Pics earlier in this Thread.
I use a vaporizer, didn´t smoke it.

Smell and Bag appeal
---------------------------
Nice, Lemon to creamy orange. Beautiful fluffy Sativa Buds.

Strength and Duration
Last 2 hours, then you have some clean comedown. Longer if you smoke more.
Overall mild effect, very "Beginner friendly".
Has a ceiling, smoking leads more to a longer duration than getting much higher for me.

Effect
--------
Coming in fast. Some pressure in your forehead.
Usually weed brings something with, it makes you euphoric, Uplifting, relaxes your body, etc.
But not so New Caledonia, she does not much on it´s own and just put to focus what´s present in you. If you start to dance or just relax on the couch, both is totally fine with it.
For example if you been very tired before then you are still and you enjoy your couch. If you like to do things and than it´s not in your way either you enjoy to move. Never had something that "neutral".
Often i find myself sit back and relax on the couch the first 15 minutes when it hit´s me, then get up and think "oh - wow, it´s even more fun to move!"
Has something that you don´t want to do precicion work or fine mechanics, little bit drunken feeling but is very clean in the head the same time too.
It´s very pleasant to do things and be active, but as soon you try multitasking your mood crashes! Like Dubi stated, you enjoy to do things, but slowly.

Best thing it to sit down, close the eyes and put on some music. You breathe, you sit, you listen, you do just nothing but you are absolutly fine and happy, no need to do anything else, calm mind, you feel your body, if you have some tension in your muscles you spot and feel exactly where and how, it´s kinda meditative and i´m fine doing nothing else than sit happy there, listen, smile an breathe. With some clarity and quite clean head with feels really nice.

When i close the eyes it get´s trippy. Some colors flashing in front of me, i feel the waves of the music hitting my body, my body felt kinda liquid, like beeing part of the soundwaves or my body is moving water, i start to move, dance, notice small nuances of the music, sink in thoughts and pleasant feelings, time stretches a bit, some songs seems to play very long and i have big smile on my face, deeply sink into the music.

If you to suddenly open your eyes, which is a bad idea, do this slowly(!), it feels like breaking hard. Trippyness is gone in a eyeblink, everything looks so unexpected normal, while focus in listening with closed eyes is awesome and kinda trippy, exploring the world with your eyes feels so normal. Focussing back on my vision makes me feel like the high is over in that moment. Everything looks so boring compared to closed-eyes.
Because the high is quite clear and not overpowering, i could talk normally to someone.
Smoked in the evening it gives me a good sleep later. Not because of a body stone, there is none.
I guess it´s more because you get easy into this dreamy state when you sink back tired and you close your eyes.

Gave it to a friend (which is a sativa lover, grown lot of Ace Stuff) and he loved it, was totally impressed and excited about the high.

Summary
------------
I still confused by this, haha. It´s very kind weed, not overpowering, can give you really nice high but i find it kinda "boring" the same time because it does not much on his own, it doesn´t lifts you up, it doesn´t relax you, it puts a focus on what is. But it also has no whatever negative side effects for me.

For me New Caledonia clearly stands somehow out for the clean and pleasant effect.
When i grab some buds in the evening, i almost always reach for the Jar filled with this fluffy nice NC Buds and put on the music, find myself doing a bit of sport or dancing after :)

Guess i will grow more.

Last edited:

exoticrobotic

Sounds rather nice.

I really like bud that has closed eye visuals. It can help with meditation.

I love sativa buds that are rushy and euphoric and i love the dreamy side too which is sometimes hard to find in combination.

An amazingly detailed smoke report. It really felt like i was smoking it with you.

Wish all reports were as detailed

:rasta:

early_bird

Veteran

I really like bud that has closed eye visuals. It can help with meditation.

Oh yes. This is meditation weed par excellence. Has meditation experience in the past and with NC i get the same peaceful calm feeling.

This i wanted to express by describing you can do things but multitasking is not possible, you will just focus on one thing and you not have the urge to do something else. If you sit and breathe, notice fine nuances in your body, music is very broad and intense may because you can really focus on it.
And it´s fine to just sit, even try to plan to do something else feels almost stressful. Your mind is full and not wandering arround, filled with the present :)

But you are not lazy, if you decide to get up, movement is also awesome and you may start to dance and feel euphoric.
I experienced amazing fast mood changes with New Caledonia, feel stressed doing to complex things and suddenly felt happy, grounded and blissful just a minute later stopping it and doing something else which i like.
It is may funny in social settings, can´t say yet, so far i mainly smoked alone in the evening.

Last edited:

Tranquilidade

New Caledonia II x Kali China (ACE RND) 1 month cure.

Aromas: slightly sour, woody, floral, lightly fermented cucumbers, green herbs spices
Effect: hits immediately with a slight pressure on the chest, but it is totally manageable and enjoyable. Upon first inhaling, I still feel the Southeast Asian character that is reminiscent of the indica side of Kali China. However, instead of the slightly psychedelic vibe of Kali China, this strain provides a glowing, meditative high (NC II side?). It's not a vibrating high like Thai Chi, but rather more of a floaty, melting feeling that allows you to be fully present in the moment. I agree with @early_bird that you can enjoy this strain with closed eyes, drowning into a chill headspace. Overall, this strain allows you to relax and melt with universe and enjoy a meditative yet floaty high.

I might grow this again to explore this line further. KC fans will love it.
ncxkc.jpg

EnjoyingLife

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Harvested my New Caledonia at 95 days! Don't mind the fried calices from the light on the top and the nanners haha
Smells amazing and early sample was really promising, more details after some good smoke.
:smoweed:

View attachment 18946190

View attachment 18946191

View attachment 18946192

View attachment 18946193

View attachment 18946195

View attachment 18946196

View attachment 18946198

View attachment 18946197

Wow :love: she looks amazing @JustGrowing420 one can hardly find purple expressions like that in the longer flowering phenos. Was she finished under cold temps ? Or was she like that throughout the whole flowering process ? Excellent growing skills to get such well developed and good looking flowers 👌

Curious about your insights on her terpene profile and effects once you are more familiarized with her!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New Caledonia Smoke Report
========================

95 Day Pheno, i´ve grown just one Plant.
Pics earlier in this Thread.
I use a vaporizer, didn´t smoke it.

Smell and Bag appeal
Nice, Lemon to creamy orange. Beautiful fluffy Sativa Buds.

Strength and Duration
Last 2 hours, then you have some clean comedown. Longer if you smoke more.
Overall mild effect, very "Beginner friendly".
Has a ceiling, smoking leads more to a longer duration than getting much higher for me.

Effect
--------
Coming in fast. Some pressure in your forehead.
Usually weed brings something with, it makes you euphoric, Uplifting, relaxes your body, etc.
But not so New Caledonia, she does not much on it´s own and just put to focus what´s present in you. If you start to dance or just relax on the couch, both is totally fine with it.
For example if you been very tired before then you are still and you enjoy your couch. If you like to do things and than it´s not in your way either you enjoy to move. Never had something that "neutral".
Often i find myself sit back and relax on the couch the first 15 minutes when it hit´s me, then get up and think "oh - wow, it´s even more fun to move!"
Has something that you don´t want to do precicion work or fine mechanics, little bit drunken feeling but is very clean in the head the same time too.
It´s very pleasant to do things and be active, but as soon you try multitasking your mood crashes! Like Dubi stated, you enjoy to do things, but slowly.

Best thing it to sit down, close the eyes and put on some music. You breathe, you sit, you listen, you do just nothing but you are absolutly fine and happy, no need to do anything else, calm mind, you feel your body, if you have some tension in your muscles you spot and feel exactly where and how, it´s kinda meditative and i´m fine doing nothing else than sit happy there, listen, smile an breathe. With some clarity and quite clean head with feels really nice.

When i close the eyes it get´s trippy. Some colors flashing in front of me, i feel the waves of the music hitting my body, my body felt kinda liquid, like beeing part of the soundwaves or my body is moving water, i start to move, dance, notice small nuances of the music, sink in thoughts and pleasant feelings, time stretches a bit, some songs seems to play very long and i have big smile on my face, deeply sink into the music.

If you to suddenly open your eyes, which is a bad idea, do this slowly(!), it feels like breaking hard. Trippyness is gone in a eyeblink, everything looks so unexpected normal, while focus in listening with closed eyes is awesome and kinda trippy, exploring the world with your eyes feels so normal. Focussing back on my vision makes me feel like the high is over in that moment. Everything looks so boring compared to closed-eyes.
Because the high is quite clear and not overpowering, i could talk normally to someone.
Smoked in the evening it gives me a good sleep later. Not because of a body stone, there is none.
I guess it´s more because you get easy into this dreamy state when you sink back tired and you close your eyes.

Gave it to a friend (which is a sativa lover, grown lot of Ace Stuff) and he loved it, was totally impressed and excited about the high.

Summary
------------
I still confused by this, haha. It´s very kind weed, not overpowering, can give you really nice high but i find it kinda "boring" the same time because it does not much on his own, it doesn´t lifts you up, it doesn´t relax you, it puts a focus on what is. But it also has no whatever negative side effects for me.

For me New Caledonia clearly stands somehow out for the clean and pleasant effect.
When i grab some buds in the evening, i almost always reach for the Jar filled with this fluffy nice NC Buds and put on the music, find myself doing a bit of sport or dancing after :)

Guess i will grow more.

Thank you so much @early_bird for writing and sharing such detailed and inspired NC smoke report with all of us 🥰 sounds like the more calm, slightly drunk type of effects from some New Caledononians, not the most frequent type in my experience, although is so subjective for each person that there's always a gap in the comparison when using words. Glad you are enjoying with her meditative, introspective effects that make you appreciate in a stronger, different way the music ... love that from this strain!

JustGrowing420

Wow :love: she looks amazing @JustGrowing420 one can hardly find purple expressions like that in the longer flowering phenos. Was she finished under cold temps ? Or was she like that throughout the whole flowering process ? Excellent growing skills to get such well developed and good looking flowers 👌

Curious about your insights on her terpene profile and effects once you are more familiarized with her!
Thanks dubi, love her too haha
She was never under 18-20c at lights off so not too cold.
I made sure to familiarize myself with her already :smokeit:

The description on your site is spot on with musky lemon aroma on the buds and even the geranium flower touches.
Taste is sour/nutty with a little bit of that geranium, not lemony on the taste, pretty good.

I find the high clicks with my head a lot, it is electric enough for me but not speedy, my favorite aspect as I said above is that it makes music sound really amazing, whatever you put on you feel it 100% and affects your mood directly. I listen to music almost 24/7 so that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Great headspace not too paranoid, in the right dosage you feel very connected and is great for social interactions too but it's a bit cold and spaced out if you smoke a lot, I like even this stage of the high.
Ceiling is really high too, smoke more get higher.

If something changes dramatically with a cure I hope I remember to report back :biggrin: