What's new

New Caledonia

libre

Nº5 August 15

nc5 15 agosto (1).jpg nc5 15 agosto (2).jpg nc5 15 agosto (3).jpg nc5 15 agosto (4).jpg nc5 15 agosto (5).jpg nc5 15 agosto (6).jpg nc5 15 agosto (7).jpg nc5 15 agosto (8).jpg

Attachments

• nc5 15 agosto (9).jpg
    nc5 15 agosto (9).jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 48

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
NC, 5th Gen growing in the Sierra.

View attachment 18873228

I like this Strain a lot and it became somewhat of my "standard" bud besides having variety. Such a great daytime smoke. Very tasty and it gives me a mood enhancing, "positive vibrations", effect while keeping me functional. Also great for parties, social gatherings, music, sex... I try to have always minimum 2-3 NC females going on in the gardens to have a steady supply.

This run, after transplanting and sorting out the males, the ladies basically didn't received any more attention and I just left them grow under the carribean sun. Lots of rainfalls so no need of irrigation as well. Just checked them here and then and was always amazed by their development.

Start of flowering

Same Plant exactly 1 Month later

Week 7

View attachment 18873246

Week 8

View attachment 18873244

Week 10
View attachment 18873251

Week 12
View attachment 18873253

Took them down between 12-14 weeks of flowering.
The resistance in this very humid environment impresses me every time. A bit more care and pest management would have been needed to get the perfect result but very happy with what I've got from them with very little effort. A Tropical Champion for me.

Thank you @dubi for releasing this Gem.

Thanks @Costa for chime in again with your experiences! Iirc, you were on of the first outdoor growers to give a try to this new sativa strain. Really touching to know New Caledonian has become your main canna diet since then 🥰 you perfectly described her effects, without any doubt, she is one of our best sativa offerings to grow and smoke daily in the tropics. Wish you continue enjoying this genetics for a long time!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I've been missing the tutti fruiti of the #1. I just popped one seed and now I'm waiting on the second to break the soil. If I get males I am not concerned as I may use them to fertilize an Oaxacan. :D I just took more clones of my O79 x Panama and put the mom into flower. Also have a O79 x Malawi Gold from Musta that just popped up. And I have more Red Snakes starting as well as Cryptic Labs Oaxacan and Punta Cometa Oaxacan from Snowhigh.

This was such stellar weed! Thank you for bringing it to us dubi. I totally hear you on the appeal to the masses of these boutique sativa's and it must be very frustrating when they go slowly. All I can say is that I feel sorry for folks who only want 27% THC Cookiewookiecrap because they saw some celebrity smoking it and think it's the best ever because of the high THC.
Hi @TexasTea friend :) Glad you miss New Caledonian enough to germinate more seeds of the strain.

How are the 2 new plants from seed doing ? Oaxaca x Panama female pollinated by New Caledonia male sounds like music to my ears :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Santa Clause came early this year :biggrin: . I'll cut my Zacatecas Tribute down on Sunday followed by a one month break and then the fun begins again. @dubi do you think new caledonia would pair well in a grow tent with Honduras? They seem to have similar flower times but ofcourse honduras stretches a bit more. Just curious. Variety is the spice of life as they say

Thanks a lot for your loyal support @RobFromTX 🥰 you are going to love this one!
Yeah, i think you can grow both indoors together without any problem since they have similar flowering times, Honduras most probably will be a bit taller as you correctly pointed out.
Please, keep us updated with your grow.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Is the New Caledonia still available at the ACE website?

The link on the first page this thread and a search on the ACE website get no results 🤔
Thanks for your interest @Hasch :yes: New Caledonia I pure sativa version is still available.
I did update the broken link, thanks for let me know:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yeah that sourness... I am glad it is not narcotic like colombians... mexicans can be muddy dirty though.

I love giggly weed...

I thought there will be tons of outcrosses of NC, but dont see any... let cross it with thai and bounce that mexican out hahahhahaha
Hi @MAHA KALA probably the most giggly sativas from my youth were Mexican sativas, they were not muddy-dirty. Hope you can give a try to New Caledonia :) you are going to love this line, and will match perfectly with your breeding goals and projects 👌 put that Thai leaning THH male you have over a really nice NC and :greenstars:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Hi @MAHA KALA probably the most giggly sativas from my youth were Mexican sativas, they were not muddy-dirty. Hope you can give a try to New Caledonia :) you are going to love this line, and will match perfectly with your breeding goals and projects 👌 put that Thai leaning THH male you have over a really nice NC and :greenstars:

yes, not all of them, but some can be strong and muddy, like caca de chango, when you compare it to thai clearness. I think that DJ Short used clear effect oaxacan gold for example, but still it is not clear as thai.. muddy I think that it lacks alertness and senses are not so tuned to clarity like at thai genetics. maybe it is only my impression, I like mexican weed at morning, it is muddy senses but happy, energetic too.. of course if you compare mexicans to jack herrer for example, they are clear and not muddy :D it depends on point of view.

I made mexican hybrid for myself, which fits here perfectly, I choose pheno of rootbeer toms haze haze pheno(mexican dom imo) x oaxacan79bx and hit it with bshw malese(mexican sativa x mazar probably)... I got super tasty orange pheno with solid buds, great daytime weed, girls are still asking about this weed... euphoric, giggly and happy... little muddy :D just a little hehehehe

hehehhe thanks for good tip bro. sure I was thinking about that... I will not lie haahahahha. it really fits to my conception to use thai hybrids for him. so when you say NC is thai hybrid, I am all ears thats sure :D

but I am lazy ass, and I was expecting that you will make tons of crosses with it, like NC x zamaldelica or NC x chiang mai thai... so I thought I would grab just those, instead of doing it myself.

but you can bet I will grow NC, as not only you, but some other breeders told me that NC is tha bomb... I am so curious...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
New Caledonia, Flowering Day 42

I´m happy, she is a real beauty, speed of bud development increased a lot since a few days :)

What really confuses me is the combination of burnt leave tips and nutrient deficiency, hard to read.

Let her get hungry to much in the beginning, now i started to feed more and more, room for improvement next time.

Height: 98 cm with training.
Pot: 8 Liters (Light Mix)
Light Schedule: 11.25 / 12.75

Feeding schedule (tap water EC 0.2)
Rot = Hakaphos Rot (8-12-24), MKP = Monokaliumphosphate (PK)

Flowering Day 22: EC 0.4 Calmag (0.2 + 0.2)
Flowering Day 23: EC 0.7 (0.2 H2O + 0.5 Rot), 1 Liter
Flowering Day 26: EC 0.8 (0.2 H2O + 0.6 MKP), 0.5 L + some Epsom Salt
Flowering Day 29: EC 0.8 (0.2 H2O + 0.3 Rot + 0.3 MKP), 550 ml
Flowering Day 32: EC 0.5 (0.2 + 0.3 Rot), 0.5 L
Flowering Day 36: EC 1.0 (0.2 + 0.2 CalMag + 0.6 Rot)
Flowering Day 39: EC 0.6 (0.3 + 0.3 Rot), 0,5 L
Flowering Day 42: EC 0.9 (0.3 + 0.6 Rot), 0.5 L

View attachment 18889117

she is a realy sativa diva @early_bird How is her terpene profile ? Looks like she is suffering of nutrient lockout, underfeeding, rootbound or ph problem, hard to fully confirm from here.

I like to transplant them and make sure ph is correct in waterings-feedings when long flowering plants start to show such symptoms in early flowering.

What about female 3 ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sad news,
my NC experience finished prematurely.
She went full confusion mode and started growing male flowers and throwing pollen in a very short time.
I was away for a weekend trip, came back home late, gave them water, came back in two days... bang.
Pollen on leaves, swollen calyxes on nearby buds...seeds in the making... f**k it.
Ratio of female/male flowers was very balanced 50%. The strange thing is how fast this happened, or at least I noticed when it was too late.
The plant was removed but the damage is done, there are going to be significant number of seeds in the other plants, mostly the OutbackHaze x KaliChina which was near NC.
Really gutted for the other plants, at least Sheelawathi is so slow to flower she will probably not produce seeds at all.
I guess it's a learning experience not to put too much variety in one place, you never know what will happen.
I'll probably focus more on proven varieties now, can't allow it to happen again like this.
The worst part is all the unwanted seeds will probably also be unstable to a degree and now I don't have the confidence to give another shot at NC.
On the other hand, I'm thankful Sheelawathi is so late to flower so she will fill the space of NC and hopefully stay a female until the end.

Cheers

First time i heard such strong hermie traits in released New Caledonia generation 🙁 I'm really sorry @Koondense please accept my apologies.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I finally got some desire...

I really like them more than necessary, their transplants were carried out between July 29 and August 10, this is the first year that I did not remove the greenhouse plastic, I only raised its right side, but this was not enough, they began to show a very pronounced lack of lime/mag due to the high suffocating and unbearable temperature that arrived suddenly, adding the truly unbearable greenhouse plastic, the poor ventilation and the whitefly infestation that to this day I have not been able to eliminate after fumigating 3 times.....

All this created havoc in No. 1, No. 3 and No. 5.

The first thing was amino acids on August 4, on August 12 cal/mag, and on August 14 I raised the front part of the greenhouse plastic, without a doubt the heat was the main problem, the more heat the more demand for lime/mag was reduced. it is once better ventilated

No. 1 was the one that showed the most lime/mag, drying its leaves rapidly even though its branches remained green, which made me think that the whitefly was not so debilitating for it, unlike No. 3 and No. 5 which did have pale stems. and turning yellow white.

No. 3 has cost him even though this last week he is getting a better color without a doubt. the most affected by flies.

Nº5 was transferred on August 12 to the largest and most ventilated greenhouse, in a week it was showing desire to grow and good secondary branches.

No. 2 has intermittently shown resistance to the enormous whitefly infestation, on other occasions it looked more radiant, on other occasions less, slight demand for lime/mag.

No. 4 in the same way as No. 2, although pronounced in the areas closest to the stem and about 10cm high from its central stem, initially more affected in general, slight demand for lime/mag.

No. 6 remained healthier, although at this stage the whitefly infestation is more noticeable in it, it can be said that 90% of the flies are in it but it barely causes damage, this last week it is growing like a Whale , more noticeable live, and on September 17 there is no sign of flowers, although it is warning that it will begin in a week, I am going to upload the photos I have of them. Don't expect great quality photos but do expect a few because it is 4 days different from each one......I will comment on them...

Thanks a lot @libre for your detailed updates :) They really recovered very well after the transplant and removing the plastic cover :yes: All the best for flowering stage!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yes, not all of them, but some can be strong and muddy, like caca de chango, when you compare it to thai clearness. I think that DJ Short used clear effect oaxacan gold for example, but still it is not clear as thai.. muddy I think that it lacks alertness and senses are not so tuned to clarity like at thai genetics. maybe it is only my impression, I like mexican weed at morning, it is muddy senses but happy, energetic too.. of course if you compare mexicans to jack herrer for example, they are clear and not muddy :D it depends on point of view.

I made mexican hybrid for myself, which fits here perfectly, I choose pheno of rootbeer toms haze haze pheno(mexican dom imo) x oaxacan79bx and hit it with bshw malese(mexican sativa x mazar probably)... I got super tasty orange pheno with solid buds, great daytime weed, girls are still asking about this weed... euphoric, giggly and happy... little muddy :D just a little hehehehe

hehehhe thanks for good tip bro. sure I was thinking about that... I will not lie haahahahha. it really fits to my conception to use thai hybrids for him. so when you say NC is thai hybrid, I am all ears thats sure :D

but I am lazy ass, and I was expecting that you will make tons of crosses with it, like NC x zamaldelica or NC x chiang mai thai... so I thought I would grab just those, instead of doing it myself.

but you can bet I will grow NC, as not only you, but some other breeders told me that NC is tha bomb... I am so curious...

I'm not so expert on Mexican sativas like some of our North American friends here, but some of the no name Mexicans i tried in my early days were very giggly, energetic and clear, maybe not so soaring like good Thais, but certainly more giggly.

We expect to produce fine New Caledonians hybrids in the future as i have the feeling they have huge potential, it's just a matter of time.

Latest posts

Latest posts