What's new

New Caledonia

RobFromTX

Santa Clause came early this year :biggrin: . I'll cut my Zacatecas Tribute down on Sunday followed by a one month break and then the fun begins again. @dubi do you think new caledonia would pair well in a grow tent with Honduras? They seem to have similar flower times but ofcourse honduras stretches a bit more. Just curious. Variety is the spice of life as they say

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_134149054.jpg
    IMG_20230808_134149054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Hasch

learning and laughing
Is the New Caledonia still available at the ACE website?

The link on the first page this thread and a search on the ACE website get no results 🤔

goingrey

Is the New Caledonia still available at the ACE website?

The link on the first page this thread and a search on the ACE website get no results 🤔
Yes

But can confirm that the link in the first post and the search on the ACE website do not work correctly. Maybe fixing those, especially the search, would improve sales even more than fems. :D

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
To be honest, i don't find NC pure sativa version related to Colombians i've tried. Colombians (except for old Colombian Gold or Green/yellow Oldtimer's Haze phenos) tend to be more narcotic and introspective. NC pure sativa version is the opposite to that.

For me ( so others can understand what i try to mean) NC pure sativa version has a very Mexican bearing structure and also giggly effects of best happy Mexicans, mixed with super up, energetic, cerebral, slightly trippy Thai like effects. Even after a long long curing, the NC pure sativa flowers get that spicy-sour post curing terp profile that is also so classic with good green Thais.

yeah that sourness... I am glad it is not narcotic like colombians... mexicans can be muddy dirty though.

I love giggly weed...

I thought there will be tons of outcrosses of NC, but dont see any... let cross it with thai and bounce that mexican out hahahhahaha

Last edited:

early_bird

Veteran
#2 Flowering Day 15 on the left (female, size: 54cm, Plangron Light Mix)
#3 Flowering Day 2 on the right in the back (more indica-looking, pot elevated, 75% Light Mix, 25% Coco)

#3 not look super healthy, guess because it was quite rootbound, need to veg her for 27 days in a small 2 liter pot because i ran out of space, but should recover fast now :)

#2 stretches like crazy, would be much higher without training.

EDIT: I just trained and touched the stem, what a wonderful smell ! Not good in describing, very spicy(?), reminded me spontaneous of some gingerbread, something like this.

2023-08-42.jpg

Last edited:

RobFromTX

#2 Flowering Day 15 on the left (female, size: 54cm, Plangron Light Mix)
#3 Flowering Day 2 on the right in the back (more indica-looking, pot elevated, 75% Light Mix, 25% Coco)

#3 not look super healthy, guess because it was quite rootbound, need to veg her for 27 days in a small 2 liter pot because i ran out of space, but should recover fast now :)

#2 stretches like crazy, would be much higher without training.

EDIT: I just trained and touched the stem, what a wonderful smell ! Not good in describing, very spicy(?), reminded me spontaneous of some gingerbread, something like this.

View attachment 18878524

Such a beautiful plant and the neon green reminds me of honduras. total eye candy

JonnyWeedSeed

New Caledonia just starting to set flowers on the branch tips. Pruned to 4 shoots and it currently stands at 4.5 meters high! What a happy vigorous plant ... a real joy to work with. I prepared the soil in march, planted in early May and did nothing until yesterday when I gave her some cal-mag and Fox Bloom. Notice the top of the 4 foot goat fence at the bottom for reference. Great plant ..... It'll be a staple for sure.
NC.jpg

early_bird

Veteran
New Caledonia - Flowering Day 32
Height: 94 cm with training.
Pot: 8 Liters (Plagron Light Mix)
Light: Sanlight Evo 3 (at 80 %)
Light Schedule: 11.25 / 12.75

Looks very pale, further increase feeding, advice is very welcome.
Feeding schedule (tap water EC 0.2)
Rot = Hakaphos Rot (8-12-24), MKP = Monokaliumphosphate (PK)

Flowering Day 22: EC 0.4 Calmag (0.2 + 0.2)
Flowering Day 23: EC 0.7 (0.2 H2O + 0.5 Rot), 1 Liter
Flowering Day 26: EC 0.8 (0.2 H2O + 0.6 MKP), 0.5 L + some Epsom Salt
Flowering Day 29: EC 0.8 (0.2 H2O + 0.3 Rot + 0.3 MKP), 550 ml
Flowering Day 32: EC 0.5 (0.2 + 0.3 Rot), 0.5 L
2023-09-4.jpg

They start to get some reddish colors.
2023-09-6.jpg

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Sad news,
my NC experience finished prematurely.
She went full confusion mode and started growing male flowers and throwing pollen in a very short time.
I was away for a weekend trip, came back home late, gave them water, came back in two days... bang.
Pollen on leaves, swollen calyxes on nearby buds...seeds in the making... f**k it.
Ratio of female/male flowers was very balanced 50%. The strange thing is how fast this happened, or at least I noticed when it was too late.
The plant was removed but the damage is done, there are going to be significant number of seeds in the other plants, mostly the OutbackHaze x KaliChina which was near NC.
Really gutted for the other plants, at least Sheelawathi is so slow to flower she will probably not produce seeds at all.
I guess it's a learning experience not to put too much variety in one place, you never know what will happen.
I'll probably focus more on proven varieties now, can't allow it to happen again like this.
The worst part is all the unwanted seeds will probably also be unstable to a degree and now I don't have the confidence to give another shot at NC.
On the other hand, I'm thankful Sheelawathi is so late to flower so she will fill the space of NC and hopefully stay a female until the end.

Cheers