What's new

Mr.Wags Goes Buckets But What About Bob?

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dc105 congrats man. All I can say is it works for me lol. I think you will see a major diffrence in the final product as far as taste and yield. I posted on your thread before I read your post (duh) but I have tried the Top Max as well as the Hydroplex and will take the Hydroplex hands down. Now the one thing I did not see listed was the Hydroguard. I have never done a run without it so keep me posted and maybe next run I can save a few bucks.

Mr.Wags

K

kokua

hey dc105 and wagser...top max and hydroplex are two totally different products. Hydroplex would be considered a pk boost. Similiar to PK 13-14, kool-bloom, monster bloom, etc. Top max is a flower addative. It has no major nutrition to it as far as phosphorus and potassium. It does however contain humic acid and seaweed. You can use these products together just fine ;)

Wags I know you use Lk...so I thought I would warn ya. Both Liquid Karma and Top Max have alot of humic acid in them. So you should never use TM an LK together...WAY to much humic acid...so if I had to pick between TM and LK, I would choose LK every day of the week.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kokua no probs my friend It was my understanding the question concerned which bloom boosters to you prefer Top-Max or Hydroplex. Are they not both labeled to be flower boosters? LK is my friend as is the unsticky button and your observation is accredited and very much appreciated. TY

Mr.Wags

K

kokua

lol...I get it. But I still say we are comparing apples to oranges when you talk about Top Max vs. Hydroplex. They are both to be used during the flower stage, but they act quite different and are two totally different types of products. Top Max is more like Liquid Karma while Hydroplex is more like Monster Bloom. I wanted to point out that it is ok to use BOTH of those products ( Top Max and Hydroplex) together.

I believe both ( Top Max and Hydroplex) are labelled as bloom enhancers...which really tells us nothing of substance. Anything could be considered an enhancer...

MID TOWN

hey wags wut up

I just finished reading your whole thread. It took me 3 days but deffinately a lot of good info. you got some skills bro. right now I'm running 2 closet recirculating DWC systems and I'm about to be able to move into a room about the size of yours. I was thinking about going with a bio bucket system kinda like big tokes, but your getting just as good of yields from your system and it looks much easier. now if you don't mind I've got a couple questions for you.

1) how are the buckets drained after your flood cycle?
2) what does your flood shchedule look like?
3) Usualy ebb and flow systems are shallow so that the water evaporates
evenly. so my question is dont the bottom half of your roots get somewhat drowned?

peace, MID TOWN

Last edited:

dc105

ICMag Donor
Sounds like hydrogaurd would do me some good! I found some pesty-ass spider mites ( I think they came from some cheap soil I bought that wasn't sterilized) The leaves have tiny spots and some webbing in the lower branches. I sprayed them good when I took they last pics, so yeah maybe some hydrogaurd for next grow to help fight off unforseen circumstances! My bud sprayed again about 3 days later! I have been on vacation for a week and I'll get my gals Mon. What kind of plans do you have for your next grow Mr. W? Anything new?

all_is_1

Hey Mr. Wags your garden looks splendid as always. . . I was just wondering how often you have to maintain pH/water levels in the system. I have to go back to school in the fall and I need a hydro system that I can leave for at least a few days without having to worry about pH levels going way off or other major problems. . . Also, if I wanted to use more than 12 buckets off of one of those resovoirs, would I need a larger resovoir/controller bucket? I've been doing 4kW totally organic in soil but time constraints are forcing me in the hydro direction. Peace and thanks for the help.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MID TOWN said:
hey wags wut up

I just finished reading your whole thread. It took me 3 days but deffinately a lot of good info. you got some skills bro. right now I'm running 2 closet recirculating DWC systems and I'm about to be able to move into a room about the size of yours. I was thinking about going with a bio bucket system kinda like big tokes, but your getting just as good of yields from your system and it looks much easier. now if you don't mind I've got a couple questions for you.

1) how are the buckets drained after your flood cycle?
2) what does your flood shchedule look like?
3) Usualy ebb and flow systems are shallow so that the water evaporates
evenly. so my question is dont the bottom half of your roots get somewhat drowned?

peace, MID TOWN

1. By gravity and a pump my buckets are ebb and flow.
2. 1/2 hour ever 4 hours in early veg and 1/2 hour every 3 hours in flower with the final feed being 45 minutes.
3. I usually have about an 1/2 inch to an inch of water left after the total feeding so no all is well. Buckets rule man.

dc good luck with the mites those little critter will suck the life right out of your plants.

all is one I use Pure Blend pro and it has a buffer,I do have one of these tho:

Tri-meters rule for those who are lazy and don't want to dip all the time. My rez as you can see is a 55 gal barrell. With 18 buckets I fill to 40-45 gallons and watch from there,the girls are approaching the 30 day mark so they suck up 2-3 gallons a day right now with the heat being what it is I can maintain 72 at night and I let it rise to 81-82 with lights on just to get that 10 degree swing. I hate Summer.

Now here are some updates at day 27:

I'm STILL fighting a little powdery mildew problem on some of the girls that I move from the back of the room,nothing major but it sure makes them look mistreated.

Hope All Is Well In Your World,

Mr.Wags

Oh by the way group Weed World #62 the fourth proudest moment of my life, Thank You All

Last edited:

dc105

ICMag Donor
Mr W. How many watts are you running? Still just 1 1000wter? Is it a digital balast? Peace

MID TOWN

Hey sorry I still don't understand but how do your buckets drain with gravity if your buckets are on the ground.

checkout this little space I just aquired

lates

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^^ Mid Town-

the buckets drain via gravity through the feed lines to the controller bucket. In the Controller a bucket, a pump returns the water to the rez, water is fed to the controller bucket pump via gravity.

all_is_1

mr. wags I also prefer to use the nutra-dip tri meter even in soil. That thing rocks! So, just to be clear, you don't need to pH your resovoir daily? In theory you could go to your grow room once every few days and have everything be okay?

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all_is_1 said:
mr. wags I also prefer to use the nutra-dip tri meter even in soil. That thing rocks! So, just to be clear, you don't need to pH your resovoir daily? In theory you could go to your grow room once every few days and have everything be okay?

Amen brother but a good man always takes good care of his girls. After the rez change it will set at 6.0-6.2 and will drift doen showing an uptake of your nutes then adjust accordingly. The less chemical the better Pure Blend Pro's buffer works very well.

Midtown bartender explanation is spot on (as always) imagine if you will two buckets side by side with drain lines on the bottom of each,if you fill one bucket and continue you to do so (feed pump) until the level is the same in both. Now when you turn on the pump in side the rez water is then evacuated from both buckets untill the level in both is the same.

Ebb and Flow

Often these types of systems are called flood and drain. The plants are usually grown in pots with their roots supported by a medium of perlite, Rockwool or expanded clay pebbles (Hydroton.) The pots sit in a plastic tray which in turn sits above a reservoir filled with nutrient solution. The growing tray must be higher than the reservoir because the system relies on gravity to do the work.

A pump in the reservoir is connected to the bottom of the tray. When the pump turns on, the tray fills with water. When the water level reaches a pre-determined height, through the use of the overflow fitting, the water falls back into the reservoir. When the pump turns off, the water runs back down through the pump into the reservoir. Poetry...

Most growers choose to control irrigation with a timer. A typical schedule would involve several short 30-45 minute water cycles per day, but the duration and frequencies of watering cycles varies from one system to another and is dependent on the crop, the plant size and environmental conditions.

Ebb and flow allows for high density planting while providing a well oxygenated root system. The ebb & flow method supplies fresh oxygen to the root system of plants in two ways. First, as the tray is flooded with nutrient solution, carbon dioxide rich air is pushed out from around the root system. When the pump is turned off, the tray is drained and oxygen rich air is drawn down to the roots. This oxygen is then used by the plants until the next cycle begins.

Second, when the nutrient solution drains through the flow, it creates a splash upon impact, adding much additional aeration.
Click here to see how splashing water helps to aerate your reservoir. (note that the splashing has been artistically amplified - it doesn't really splash out of the reservoir in that manner.)

It is and Ebb and a Flow. A breathing in and a breathing out, the rhythm aerates your plants in diligent meditative cycles. Listen closely, through the babble of the water, you may hear your plants quietly saying "Om."

I know theres a diagram somewhere let me see if I can find it for ya.

Mr.Wags

I hope so T.
xxoo

Last edited:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dc105 said:
Mr W. How many watts are you running? Still just 1 1000wter? Is it a digital balast? Peace

sorry DC, 2000 now on a mover. I wanted digital but the bugs are not COMPLETELTY worked out yet but will be soon I bet

Mr.Wags

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sweet

sweet

:wave: hey mrwags...the girls are looking great, not that I expected anything less, you really know your stuff...we have to deal with pm all the time too, but thats just part of growing this wonder herb!!...beautiful job, thanks for sharing :D

G

Supremely done Bro :yoinks: .Those WWxBB look identical to mine,and the rest of youre garden is mouth watering,lol.Peace and stay safe,DancesWithWeed :wave:

G

Hey Mr. Wags I have been considering getting this system but needed to ask a few questions first. What is the footprint size of all 12 buckets in one room? I have a 5x5 area. Is this to small for this system?

Thanx for the great show:smoker:

Mo,