What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
https://flexpvc.com/NSF-Rated.shtml
why are you are using 1.5" tubing for Drip irrigation? Some 3/4" poly pipe would probably serve you just fine..

Sorry to barge in. I'm Tom, nice to meet you :tiphat:
thats a helpful link. thanks for stopping by tom. I want to hook up the 1.5" poly mainline to the honda 1.5" pump, and run it downhill to all of my pots, with 1/2" poly tube teed into the mainline to connect the emitter tubing in the pots

Wholesale landscape suppliers like John Deere Landscapes have much higher quality drip parts in bulk vs big box stores like home depot.
I got my drip parts from dripworks, i just need the 1.5" poly tubing cuz dripworks doesnt stock it for shipping reasons. ..it looks like the home depot stuff is the best option

You can also plant basil right next to the affected plant and if you do hav russets or broads they will move on to that and then you will see them getting affected. Are you doing tea to open up everything in your soil? If it is a ph or imbalance issue that would help balance everything else. And Nuke'em works if your on it. Especially with an atomizer

X

XxCaptiankushxX

For poly tubing you try standard sizes, will makes parts easier to find and maintain. 1" or 2" handles most irrigation needs for most the world. Keep it simple.

Not sure where your located but I handle all my irrigation needs at seirra plumping supply in grass valley, Jw is the guy to speak with. All he does is design irrigation setups for people all day, is good at his job. Maybe he could head you in the right direction.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
For poly tubing you try standard sizes, will makes parts easier to find and maintain. 1" or 2" handles most irrigation needs for most the world. Keep it simple.

Not sure where your located but I handle all my irrigation needs at seirra plumping supply in grass valley, Jw is the guy to speak with. All he does is design irrigation setups for people all day, is good at his job. Maybe he could head you in the right direction.

i got the 1.5" honda pump, and already got all the 1.5" fittings delivered from dripworks , just need 1.5" tubing... not 1-inch because want to have plenty of gph to get all my drippers goin. I think epic is usin a similar setup but not sure, i will ask. or anybody else with that kind of setup feel free to chime in haha

i'm pretty far from grass valley but maybe i will give them a call. i think the home depot stuff will work though

thomasmfjeffers

thats a helpful link. thanks for stopping by tom. I want to hook up the 1.5" poly mainline to the honda 1.5" pump, and run it downhill to all of my pots, with 1/2" poly tube teed into the mainline to connect the emitter tubing in the pots

I got my drip parts from dripworks, i just need the 1.5" poly tubing cuz dripworks doesnt stock it for shipping reasons. ..it looks like the home depot stuff is the best option

ohh that makes more sense. my bad. should have read more before speaking.

X

XxCaptiankushxX

What's the gph or gpm one the Honda pump, also do you know the head pressure the pump offers?
I run 83 ft of 1/2" drip emitter to a plant and approx 10 plants on each station with 1 inch from the pump. , if I were do it over I would have gone with 2 inch lines. Leaving room for expansion in 2017.. Hopefully. I just got myself a deep well pump( little giant effluent 1/2 hp. Provides 24 gpm at 50 ft depth at 45 psi. I am off grid so run with 3500w generator. Then in fall and winter I use the generator for other things around the farm. Ifind the generator is more versatile than a gas pump. The reason I didn't go with gas powered pump. But I run the well pump directly from a above ground 3000 gallon tank to the irrigation system. So I probably get closer to 30 gpm. This gives enough pressure and volume to run just one station at a time. Approx 900 gallon an hour each station can drip. I can irrigate almost 3000 gallons in three hours all by drip. So far this new pump is rockin. Also enough pressure to squeez all the air pockets from the emitter tubing. No more dealing with emitters not dripping.
Next I plan on automating the system with and irrigation controller power by golf cart battery and small solar panel. Then I can set controller for heavy water days and light water days then just hit run program and everything is hands off, no more manually opening valves and setting timers. And plants enjoy the consistency of controlled irrigation.
Sorry for the long post
Keep it green
Ck

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I have that swirling grow going on just one branch of a plant and noticed lots of leafs chewed on it. It looks like slug or snail on my plant, i don't think its anything todo with my soil or the whole plant would look like it....

X

XxCaptiankushxX

I see now it pumps 73 gpm which is frickin awesome , you can run an orchard with that pump. Looks like a nice setup you got.

reppin2c

Veteran
It looked like they dug into a hot zone. After a foliar my plants do a weird thing sometimes. The only thing I could figure was they had to much of one thing and later got straight. Hope that's all it is for you. Have they gotten any better since the pic?

O

Oakhills

From the web:

Another categorization is NSF and Non-NSF. NSF is approved for potable water and is made to a higher standard. Non-NSF Poly is less costly, but will have greater variation in wall thickness which may cause problems with attaining water tight fitting joints. Non-NSF is made with lower quality plastics so expect malformations. The industry recommends using NSF poly pipe.
Also, UTY pipe may leach toxins and plastic byproducts into the water which is not good in my opinion. Organic soil should have clean water. Do a bit of research or maybe someone will chime in about the potential of toxic byproducts getting into the water via cheap irrigation pipe.

BTW your garden looks great!!!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
thanks oakhills i ordered the nsf poly tubing

found this lab:
http://www.dirtybusinessdivas.com/ , i'm pretty sure they specialize in ganja. If my plants are still acting weird next monday i will send in tissue, water, and soil samples so they can help me figure out whats up

reppin2c

Veteran
Good call on the analysis. I took soil samples today to send off. When I was a landscape guy many years ago I used 1.5" poly on a job a my boss bitched me out because the cost was substantial over 1" and 4 more zones....but you couldn't believe the flow though. If there is a john Deere place near you they have what you need.

mikeandnaomi

Gene mutation juxtaposed with heat on fresh grow during heavy veg shute development. Not that abnormal in excellent genetics outdoors enable the release of potential.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ancient OG:
igiN7o3l.jpg

Love Triangle:
vSLhb6Ql.jpg

Sorcerer's Apprentice:
cs605Z3l.jpg

Snow Leopard:
9PGER00l.jpg

Blueberry hashplant:
T86NRFYl.jpg

reppin2c

Veteran
I bet they are starting to root into the native. Have you brewed any compost teas? It wouldnt hurt em. PH always shows in new growth, its of how its on just on section

Latest posts

Latest posts