What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

S

StanKDanK

it looks like foliar spray burn but it could be root zone issues. I would make a ewc tea with mollasses and spray them and use it in the soil. nature will fix the issues and help keep the correct ph in the rhizosphere, what is the ph of the soil? I use an analog ph meter bought for $15. from the hydro shop and it tells me ph and moisture levels

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
havent foliar sprayed yet so i can rule that out. only water all season

im getting water soil and tissue tests on monday i think.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i dont think so.

checked the plants with 100x scope and didnt see any bugs, so i am ruling out mites for now. anyway im sending everything into lab for analysis, no point in playing the guessing game.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i'm starting to think it is overwatering. i watered on sunday and then let the pots dry out this week and they were still moist a few inches down today, so that's 5 days with no water. i think i may have been overdoing it by watering every 2-3 days this early in the season with pots this large

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
It`s been 4 days since the first pics of the gnarly new growth.....Is all that new growth still stalled and going nowhere ?....Looks to me like the bigger leaves around the fucked up new growth are twisting and curling as well in th new pics today , and that screams of ph imbalance and nutrient lockout IF it`s guaranteed not critters in the rootzone.....so....

Don`t be afraid to dig around the roots when watering and use the scope to see if anything floats up to be better seen cuz they start in the roots and only go to the plants upper foliage and budsites once established in the rootzone or so that`s how it`s been told , so please cover all your bases and make sure the lil bastards ain`t settin up housekeeping down deep where all the juice gets used in the roots.....I mean....

If it`s soil ph then why is this only affecting 1/2 the plants.....soil analysis will help for sure to rule out other variables , but again whatever`s causin it`s comin from the rootzone directly affecting new growth , so as you said WTF....Have they grown X inches a day since the 6th ?.....weird shit.....

Pullin for yas bro.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.....

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah theyve been growing steadily although the ones with affected branches are growing slower than they should. some are fine though

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
If that big ass container`s holdin moisture that long in 100 plus degree temps between waterings , then very easily heavily compacted soil that`s not draining and drying out sufficiently could indeed cause anaerobic behavior that sours the soil , fucks with ph and locks out nutrients , but that might be best explained by the organic guru`s around here if they`ve all not been banned.....anyways....

Hope it`s easily reversed bro , whatever it turns out to be.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

HorseMouth

what kind and how much chicken poop went into those holes?

That looks like Fert. burn to me, spec. hot Nitrogen. Also, you get some clues that it doesn't seem to affect the whole plant. (From the second Pic I can see) So it looks mobile to me.

Patches of non broken down compost or animal manure can mess with new growth just like that.

Peace

redlaser

Veteran
when a tree or shrub loses or has an infection of a large section of its root system lots of times there will be a corresponding section of branches that are dead or affected on the same side of the damaged roots. happens with other plants as well. Is it only on one side?

HillBilly1

Veteran
What in the hell is going on lol is this all
3-4 threads compounded in to one now lol
Good to see ya back. Big Dog

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
how long will this thread last, why all the banning and deleting threads? do people just do shit with no explanation?

delighted your back shrews and the thread up and running

R

Robrites

Long time lurker now registered. I am sure the black helicopters will be stopping by my grow soon!

milkyjoe

Veteran
Tissue test results?

I would not guarantee without a test...but I would bet on high P and low Zn. One of those anion cation things?

You really should think about listening to the dude that never seems to have a problem...that did not happen by accident

Edit...how easy is it to get Russet/broads from seeds popped at your place? Maybe it can be done...but is it likely?

mofoo

IMG_5426_zpsxf3rxv9d.jpg
trying to keep up with you guys in the big pots

C

Cep

Shcrews my guess is a root zone issue. Like Redlaser said there is usually a corresponding section of roots. If you tug on that branch you might find that it comes loose or pops out. It might be a nutritional thing due to a hotspot in soil not adequately mixed but it sounds like you were watering too heavily. Mycostop has been used successfully in the past by big plant growers on here. I can vouch for it.