What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

redlaser

Veteran

how do you rip lead out of a bullet and turn it into a screwdriver? thats one of those hillbilly tricks haha

You can take a .22 bullet out of its casing almost by hand, but it's easier if you grip the lead end with a pliers and pull it out of the casing. Dump out the powder and slightly flatten the casing and you have a thin bladed screwdriver. Larger caliber shells would be stronger than .22's because the casing is thicker.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
if you have pliers and a bullet but no screwdriver you are a serious fucking redneck hillbilly

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i just got back to the farm ,was in santa cruz for a few days having fun and handling some business. It's finally starting to hit me how much stuff there is to do in the next couple months. Beach time is over now, its time to grow some weed.

popping seeds this week, probably will sprout about 100 seeds of different Bodhi strains to end up with 24 prime females. once they sprout i veg them under t5's for a week or two, then they will go outside in 5gal pots until their final transplant.

It will be nice to have a bunch of plants to choose from, as long as the local pigs don't stop by like last year. If they do come i hope it's at least after May so i will be within my legal plant number limits. I hate the stress that causes.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
still trying to figure out what strains to grow this year. We can only have 24 plants so decided on a limit of 10 varieties or less. Ancient OG is one, still need to choose about 5-9 more. i have narrowed it down to:

Dream Beaver
Snow Leopard
Tranquil Elephantizer v2
Blueberry Hashplant
Dream Lotus
White Lotus
Soul Train
Satsuma
Golden Triangle
Love Triangle
Snowqueen
Solo's Stash
Sky Lotus
Stardawg x Goji f3

So hard to choose!!! plus I dont know which of these is a proven "big yield" but if anyone has info i will be stoked. last year we averaged 8lb per plant except the ancient OG which was 23lb from 2 plants.

RckyMtRdnk

I hate the stress that causes.

That part definitely sucks. I'm in that phase right now. It's totally different in CO though. I still hate being over my plant count just because of the nervous gut feeling I get every time I'm chillin with the plants. Im just lookin for those super vigorous stand out girls.

jbarsk8

That is 24 full sun plants that they "see". Put a gate on your driveway. Lock. No trespassing. Put up a hoop or two and keep extras in there...even with flyover they can only see 24 full term and can speculate on hoops but no judge will issue a warrant based on that. The solution to your problem is gating the bottom of your driveway. I am triple gated, personally, with a driveway over .5 miles long. You can never be too safe
The bigger "barrier" you have while still looking respectful (24 full term), you will never get a visit. I'm speaking from personal experience...hope this may help :)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The solution to your problem is gating the bottom of your driveway. I am triple gated, personally, with a driveway over .5 miles long. You can never be too safe

we have a gated property, didn't matter last year when the local weed task force hiked up the driveway to count plants.

Got to go with silliest name if in doubt. Dream beaver for me :)
I'm really tempted to pop the Dream Beaver's. Not really sure what to expect though. anybody growing it outside? i hear its a big yield

jbarsk8

we have a gated property, didn't matter last year when the local weed task force hiked up the driveway to count plants.

I'm in the same county as you..... you can't just have a gate. It has to be gated, locked, no trespassing signs, and fencing from gate surrounding property. If there is room for them to walk past gate they will. That is not illegal. It is very illegal for them to climb your gate without a warrant. Put a game camera on your gate, if they climb it, they are in deep water. How do they know you even have weed? Is it visible from the street or at any point from outside your property? If so, then your in a much different position. I've been in the county 3 years, with not one compliance check. Every neighbor I have grows, not one of them has gotten a compliance check. And yes, the choppers come visit us late july every year. They only care about the guys they deem "irresponsible " growers. Hope this may help a bit. You can never be too safe.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'm in the same county as you..... you can't just have a gate. It has to be gated, locked, no trespassing signs, and fencing from gate surrounding property. If there is room for them to walk past gate they will. That is not illegal. It is very illegal for them to climb your gate without a warrant. Put a game camera on your gate, if they climb it, they are in deep water. How do they know you even have weed? Is it visible from the street or at any point from outside your property? If so, then your in a much different position. I've been in the county 3 years, with not one compliance check. Every neighbor I have grows, not one of them has gotten a compliance check. And yes, the choppers come visit us late july every year. They only care about the guys they deem "irresponsible " growers. Hope this may help a bit. You can never be too safe.

the property doesn't have a fence just a gate blocking the driveway. putting in a fence would cost a lot, plus i dont own the place. Our friends a few miles away got checked last year also and they have a fully fenced/gated property with cameras. im not surprised the cops fucked with us last year. they dont like out-of-towners so we were the first to get checked. Having a fence probably wouldnt stop them , it looked like a swat team type thing

i dont think they will come back this year. they punked us pretty good in 2014. I mean fuck dude how many times can they walk up my hill without a warrant for "code enforcement"

jbarsk8

the property doesn't have a fence just a gate blocking the driveway. putting in a fence would cost a lot, plus i dont own the place. Our friends a few miles away got checked also and they have a fully fenced/gated property with cameras.

I think they fucked with us because we aren't locals.. In the sheriff's words "we dont want this turning into humboldt"

Ahhh ok, makes sense. Ya they just walked past. They totally violated your buddy though. Quick tidbit. I came here as non-local too and knew that would create some uprising so layed extremely low first year or two until established great relations with neighbors who happens to be great friends with sheriff. My other buddies who came here at same time, acted stupid. They were loud, rubbing what they were doing in neighbors faces. Cleared massive plot of land basically planted orchard....had out of state license plates even (freaking idiots )!!! Let's just say they did not make it past season 1. These small towns create envy and jealousy and most people have nothing better to do than wonder why the new young guy in town is far more well off than they are!! Be safe buddy! Good luck to you this season!!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
ah i tried to ninja edit but you are too quick

we keep a really low profile, nobody knows us here except the cops haha. Ive never met any neighbors though, We are kind of up on our own little hill, dont ever see anyone even though i am right on hwy 49

and yah the pigs violated some shit but what can ya do

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
to do list for monday/tuesday:

-fix the weedwacker
-wack weeds
-chop down 6kw indoor garden
-restart the indoor garden with new clones

to do list for this week:

-soil test
-pop seeds
-clean up our huge trash pile

B

Baron Greenback

Sounds like a crappy week for you then. As a pitiful little small plant type I can't even contemplate 100 plus seeds and 6k indoors too.
This is my sad face, you can't see it, but it's there.

Z

z-ro

They don't need a warrant, if they can been seen from the air they have probable cause to enter the property. No plants in the open ftw.