What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
It's called a torx bit , damn boss , need to get you some tools ... Hard to farm with out them..

Sorry for trying to give Ya a solution ...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
fuck dude, sorry if my ineptitude is frustrating to watch

torx bit huh, good to know. Anyway i have lots of tools just not the right bit to fit the screws for the weedwacker recoil housing, which might be a good thing cuz i would probably just break the fucker more . I went through like a hundred bits and couldnt find the right size.

i decided to move on with my night. ate some drugs, smoked some THC, now it's time for bacon or a banana

HL45

Veteran
Next time you go to town besides some torx bits get a blade or three for your weed wacker.. They are plastic and triangle ish shaped usually and you can eat through black berry bushes and thicker stuff and won't run out like the cord does.. Some people say it takes longer cus it's shorter than the cord but they last much longer and eat through a lot more...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
yah good call. i have one of those, they are nice for going through bullshit. but all i have to cut now is grass. (also , mine is metal not plastic idk how plastic would last)

one time about 6 years ago i cleared a few acres of blackberries and poison oak with no power tools just a machete and a thatch rake. then after i cleared the property i got evicted. stuff like that helped to develop my perspective on life.

Avv9GW4l.jpg

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Well man it isn't, how you put it, that your ineptitude is frustrating , it's more that I try to give you advice all the time based on experiences I've gone through that would actually benefit you and you're ALWAYS like cool man, here's why I can't do that... CANT drives me nuts ... But the advice is unsolicited so I guess ill just lurk

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
dont lurk brah i will go get some torx bits and try to fix this bitch myself

i think the repair dude is off all weekend anyway and i need to cut this grass

HillBilly1

Veteran
That can take me 3 weeks just to go to
Town. I would have used a screwdriver to wedge
In the bit hole and got it done lol like when ya go
Cut wood and ask your 4 kids from 17-13 do you
Load all the stuff and get the. YEAH. And your ripping
The lead out of whatever large Cal rifle round is
Laying around in your truck to make a screwdriver fix the saw.
Haha fuckers

Adapt and overcome.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i fucked with that weedwacker for like 2 hours. couldn't wind the spring tight enough to get it back in place. now my fingers are all cut up.

time to get that bitch fixed by a professional. at least i tried right

Former Guest

When my car needed new breaks I paid someone to teach me how to do it so I wouldn't have to pay out each time. I bet you there's a bunch of repair guys on CL who need cash bad. I know there is for housekeepers which is what I do. My prices are lower depending on how much competition is advertising at the moment. Just a thought :)

Holistic Farms

You gave it your best bro! I had a similar problem with my chainsaw last week. Im not very good with mechanics myself and my tools are well lets just say Holistic Farms could use a nice tool set put it that way. Thankfully I have a buddy thats pretty good with these kinds of things and he was able to walk me through it with just a couple pictures. I had to disect the carb and clean it out with some carb cleaner and I was good to go although it took me a couple joints and a few head scratches to put it back together before i remembered i took pictures hahaha. She should be as good as new when you get her back and its not a bad idea to take your small engines in every year or two for routine maintenence anyway. Good luck with the weeds!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
LL there's no craigslist here. and i think i know how to fix it , its just the spring is fuckin impossible.

Holistic that sounds rough, i am all for learning to fix shit but sometimes it seems like every possible thing goes wrong. I never wanted to be a handyman, i wish shit would just work.

That can take me 3 weeks just to go to
Town. I would have used a screwdriver to wedge
In the bit hole and got it done lol like when ya go
Cut wood and ask your 4 kids from 17-13 do you
Load all the stuff and get the. YEAH. And your ripping
The lead out of whatever large Cal rifle round is
Laying around in your truck to make a screwdriver fix the saw.

how do you rip lead out of a bullet and turn it into a screwdriver? thats one of those hillbilly tricks haha

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
So when you guys get your soil tested do you just put it in a mason jar and mail it? how does that work

Holistic Farms

Do you take a small sample from each pot, raised bed Etc and mix it together and send a sample from that mix to get a better idea of what your soil tests at as a whole? Have you tested your soil before and after amending? We havent had to test our soil over the years other then PH and you can do that at home but I like the idea of having test results in front of me.

Urbngroz

I had my soil tested this year from two different pots one blue dream one sour d. Take 15 separate samples from around each bed or pot then mix together in a bucket then fill ziplock of mix and send out. Do each bed or pot sperately.I used Asteras soil building workbook to amend. Logan labs for testing, PVFS and ebay for bulk ammendments.

S

StanKDanK

So when you guys get your soil tested do you just put it in a mason jar and mail it? how does that work

you can use ziploc bags or vac seal it. some places send you free small brown paper bags to use

Latest posts

Latest posts