What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
After transplanting into 5 gallon containers you say you take them outside, you have supplemental lighting or just bring them in at night? Or will the days be long enough then where it wont even matter?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
After transplanting into 5 gallon containers you say you take them outside, you have supplemental lighting or just bring them in at night? Or will the days be long enough then where it wont even matter?

it shouldn't matter, last year they were fine. Seeds dont really try to flower early unlike clones, so we will probably just leave them outside once they are transplanted into 5's. I might put them by the porch light or something.

MostWantedGens

yes, for seed plants no need supplemental lighting at all. bigger problem the cold nights at early Spring.

I usually sow seeds directly into pots outdoors in April and it works, the sun warms the top of the soil at daytime so the seeds germinate nicely.

ApolloAK

I didn't count but I would say 50-70 of them are fem. I'm growing in a greenhouse so I won't have the space to do super tall plants. Thinking about pulling tarps and trying to get 2 crops out this year. Never grown outside before, been strictly indoors until this summer

N

NewAgeGenetics

still trying to figure out what strains to grow this year. We can only have 24 plants so decided on a limit of 10 varieties or less. Ancient OG is one, still need to choose about 5-9 more. i have narrowed it down to:

Dream Beaver
Snow Leopard
Tranquil Elephantizer v2
Blueberry Hashplant
Dream Lotus
White Lotus
Soul Train
Satsuma
Golden Triangle
Love Triangle
Snowqueen
Solo's Stash
Sky Lotus
Stardawg x Goji f3

So hard to choose!!! plus I dont know which of these is a proven "big yield" but if anyone has info i will be stoked. last year we averaged 8lb per plant except the ancient OG which was 23lb from 2 plants.

I'd grow the triangle kush (the white) hybrids. and the stardawg x goji f3 and some Ancient OG of course.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'd grow the triangle kush (the white) hybrids. and the stardawg x goji f3 and some Ancient OG of course.
good choices, probably will go with all those..

but i dont think Triangle Kush = The White. Bodhi already has White hybrids: lucky charms, white lotus...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You heard of empire builder bulk soil? I was thinking of using it with no amendments for full term.

ive heard of it but never used it. If empire builder is good soil then you could probably get by with no amendments if you use 4 yards or at least 3 yards of dirt per plant. If it's not good soil then dont use it.

we got custom-mixed dirt from Rare Earth.

N

NewAgeGenetics

I think its the same strain.

yea, sow them all in the same time and look for the biggest widest females!

I can decide which is female without any preflower. I grew a lots of plants from regular seeds in the past.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Bodhi already has White hybrids: lucky charms, white lotus...

If TK = The White then it seems Bodhi is doing some redundant breeding.

I can decide which is female without any preflower. I grew a lots of plants from regular seeds in the past.
how do you tell sex wit no preflowers? i've never heard of this.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
yes, for seed plants no need supplemental lighting at all. bigger problem the cold nights at early Spring.

I usually sow seeds directly into pots outdoors in April and it works, the sun warms the top of the soil at daytime so the seeds germinate nicely.

How cold is to cold? like 50 degrees at night to cold? I have seeds about 4 inches tall in peat pots was thinking of transplanting into 3 gallons and throw them outside before going into bigger containers

Holistic Farms

The structure of the male in each genotype usually gives them away before pre flower. Males tend to grow taller with elongated nodes and shorter branches early on. In nature males are taller then females so they can drop pollen on the females but there some exceptions of course.

bobblehead

Veteran

Bodhi already has White hybrids: lucky charms, white lotus...

If TK = The White then it seems Bodhi is doing some redundant breeding.

how do you tell sex wit no preflowers? i've never heard of this.

I've grown them both, still have the tk. They're not the same plant.