What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I'm so tired of buying shit. Every time I have to spend more money, it feels like I'm putting $10 into a piggy bank in hopes of getting $8 back out if all goes well. I know that's not true but it feels it. Wish I got into the outdoor game when it was $3k for mediocre.

and when you get that 8$ back you gotta reinvest 5$ and the 3$ goes to expenses not fancy shit!

its like that for everybody lol, this whole game is one big money pit. and when your flush most people just keep expanding which brings more expenses. and grows can always be upgraded, infrastructure replaced or added, etc. even if i pull six figures i have six figures of things that need to be added if i want a perfect grow. outbuildings, drying rooms, more storage, new well, more outbuildings and more storage, and i really want to upgrade all my gates to solar powered auto entry lol…. i almost envy the small timer who just keeps it simple and does everything themselves.

jd123

and when you get that 8$ back you gotta reinvest 5$ and the 3$ goes to expenses not fancy shit!

its like that for everybody lol, this whole game is one big money pit. and when your flush most people just keep expanding which brings more expenses. and grows can always be upgraded, infrastructure replaced or added, etc. even if i pull six figures i have six figures of things that need to be added if i want a perfect grow. outbuildings, drying rooms, more storage, new well, more outbuildings and more storage, and i really want to upgrade all my gates to solar powered auto entry lol…. i almost envy the small timer who just keeps it simple and does everything themselves.

Dude this is what I live by. I have my 5 acres I own, I dont grow enough to get noticed, I put almost all my money away. Still I do new projects around my property obviously but I try to keep it simple.

I have two friends who thought buying multiple properties and doing it huge would be no problem, Invested hundreds of thousands and then pretty much went belly-up.

One got busted and the others wife left him (because he was nuts from work and the stress of multiple huge grows) which in turn left him with a mental breakdown and foreclosure of his spots. The second dude was paying like 8k a month in power alone. No thanks.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I would be willing to bet against that if you want. My criteria is getting paid...I will bet that is not a huge yielder...what say you?
I didn't say the biggest plant

But would be the one I kept the most of..
MJ dont make that bet, the afkansastan x Snow Lotus are the biggest plants in the garden right now... its like they are meant to be in this climate. still too early in the season to tell how they will yeild though. But i will bet that they finish first, probably early october. not a bad thing.

I wish I stayed in school so I could set up a billion dollar Ponzi scheme and not get caught.

My balls are fucking hot and sweaty from working in the hot-ass sun all day. I'd bet they'd be nice and cool in an air conditioned office, while I'm scamming your parents out of their retirement money.
that kind of work is actually really bad for your health. Also i'd rather be creating something of my own than trying to carve out a piece of somebody else's pie.

i almost envy the small timer who just keeps it simple and does everything themselves.
i've only done it that way, but i imagine having all those extra things might take some of the fun/rewarding aspect out of it. Some people just like to get paid a lot, without doing much work themselves. I have a friend like that, always expanding and hiring people so he never does shit himself, just drinks and parties all the time. Different path in life i guess.

milkyjoe

Veteran
You guys are better people than me. I base my growing decisions on what makes me the most money. Otherwise it would be 20 wk Thais for me.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You guys are better people than me. I base my growing decisions on what makes me the most money. Otherwise it would be 20 wk Thais for me.

i chose strains that will yield very well.. especially triple-planted :) My smallest bodhi plant last year was about 7 lbs. I think this year will be even better, i dont think any of the 800's will pull less than 8lbs, the way things are filling out now.

jd123

I dont pull thousands of pounds like Im sure some do on here but I pull over 400. Honestly I dont think I could process anymore than that if I wanted. Just not enough hired help I trust. I'm happy, My 4 full-
time employees (all close friends of mine) are happy.

Everytime I think about expanding (like once a month lol) I remind myself of the old "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered" and bring myself back to earth.

Plus when you have two friends that were obsessed with how they were gonna pull thousands of pounds and their lives goes down the shitter right before your eyes....that helps too

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I dont pull thousands of pounds like Im sure some do on here but I pull over 400. Honestly I dont think I could process anymore than that if I wanted. Just not enough hired help I trust. I'm happy, My 4 full-
yah i'm still trying to figure out who's going to help me with harvest. shits gonna be hectic i already know it

jd123

Just start accepting resumes on this fucker, only about 50,000 ppl want to bust nuts on you and your
plants...sure you could find a few worthwhile nut busters.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

these are the taller plants, very stretchy , they probably lean more toward the Snow Lotus. 3 plants per pot should ensure a nice yield too. Another pot has the short stocky Afkansastan-leaning plants.

vb0bEp2l.jpg

OAiqlL3l.jpg

Calidude

Everytime I think about expanding (like once a month lol) I remind myself of the old "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered" and bring myself back to earth.

Plus when you have two friends that were obsessed with how they were gonna pull thousands of pounds and their lives goes down the shitter right before your eyes....that helps too

400 is still pretty impressive....margins seem tight after salary.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Just start accepting resumes on this fucker, only about 50,000 ppl want to bust nuts on you and your
plants...sure you could find a few worthwhile nut busters.
I would hire random females (if they're chill) but not random guys. so idk about the nut-busting

jd123

400 is still pretty impressive....margins seem tight after salary.

Thanks man. I dont do the 1k per unit thing that I see a lot on here...I dont care if somebody was going to buy every single # I harvested up front, still wouldn't
do it. I put my heart and soul into this, I aint selling either one of those for cheap.

I'm going to one of those indoor trampoline parks right now. Hope I dont bust my ass! you all have a goodnight!

Calidude

Thanks man. I dont do the 1k per unit thing that I see a lot on here...I dont care if somebody was going to buy every single # I harvested up front, still wouldn't
do it. I put my heart and soul into this, I aint selling either one of those for cheap.

I'm going to one of those indoor trampoline parks right now. Hope I dont bust my ass! you all have a goodnight!

I feel you. You keep doing what you do.