What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
old garden:

xSbXKQKl.jpg

CyAVUaFl.jpg

Tractor supply has a kick ass 4,200 gph sump pump with a float valve for 100, also the 1 hp inline is nice too for 2. Honda gas pump is more work but most powerful and works great for foliar. I use garden hose with each of these.

Some gh virgin, schrews style plants that sprouted over Christmas when trim was thrown in the burn pile. Survived snow and hail in native soil receiving leftover aea feeds. Genetics are peyote/ taskenti unknown. Try some aea products if you come across some cash. The forage blend pro and transplant solution is several of there products in one bottle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 14

milkyjoe

Veteran
If you want max GPH, obviously run a rigid 1.25" line down most of the way, and maybe split off into 3-4 hose outlets, so you can water either 1 pot more quickly or multiple pots at once. Or water with a flexible 1"-1.25" hose. Might have issues eroding surface without a diffuser.

No shit. Do not run an open 1.5 inch hose into a pot.

The gas powered is gonna be most reliable. Some drunk fuck knocks down a power pole...you wake up all happy...and fuck, you cannot get water to your plants. May not happen...but what if it does. 1 way you are covered...the other way you are fucked.

Make your plan to minimize the ways you can get fucked.

You are set up to kill it schrews. Right now you are talking how to reduce labor and prevent mayhem...and spend more time on support and pruning. Reliability is what to look for. A couple g extra...2 lbs spread over yrs

Tiami

i already told ya, thats the plan. I put 3 plants per pot because to make sure of a big harvest, but now they are blowing up and i kind of wish i just put one plant per pot. triples are going to make it hard to put up nets/cages properly. Oh well, at least i will get that yield! haha

yah that's what i want. byf said that too. i will order one this week.

I would defenetly tie them down and remove all the branches growing down. this way you'll get even canopy, much better light penetration and the cageing will be easy. in two weeks they will look like one plant and with some additional training with nets you can double the yield. it's a perfect canopy. outdoor SOG.

looking very nice. goood luck.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
You are set up to kill it schrews. Right now you are talking how to reduce labor and prevent mayhem...and spend more time on support and pruning. Reliability is what to look for. A couple g extra...2 lbs spread over yrs
yah the plants are in the ground and healthy , and now im tryin to get the workflow figured out. Drip irrigation obviously is a key part of that, then i will have plenty of time for pruning,trellis, foliar, etc
I would defenetly tie them down and remove all the branches growing down.
i'm not quite sure what you mean by that. sorry, i sorta need shit spelled out for me haha. thanks ! I have an idea of how i want to do the training and support on the triple-planted pots, but im open to suggestion

milkyjoe

Veteran
I would defenetly tie them down and remove all the branches growing down. this way you'll get even canopy, much better light penetration and the cageing will be easy. in two weeks they will look like one plant and with some additional training with nets you can double the yield. it's a perfect canopy. outdoor SOG.

No disrespect but is this something you have personally done in 800 gallon, full cali sun, full season plants?

jd123

Why would you scrog an outdoor plant let alone one that gets exceptional sun like his. It hurts my head to think about destroying outdoor plants like that.

Finish up my drip and start caging tmrw!

Attachments

• 2015-06-16 17.56.52-2-2-1.jpg
    2015-06-16 17.56.52-2-2-1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 14

Tiami

it's simple and basic horticultural stuff. 3 plants growing vertical which will get huge, planted so close will shadow each other. you would need to remove all branches that grow inside each other to get proper light penetration. and that's many branches. I think we agree here.

when you train each plant, tie it down so all the branches grow vertical and then you spread the branches evenly across the net, you get much, much better light penetration and you don't have to remove so many branches. in fact those 3 plants would spread the branches evenly by them selves and look like one plant. basicly every branch becomes main stalk and every branch gets the same light. also you get lower canopy which improves light penetration even further.

cheers.

Get a Honda pump you won't regret it. You won't have to worry about it shitting the bed and leaving you scrambling to get one. Whatever you do decide try not to reduce down the main line from the pump and then just T and reduce down for your drip lines. You can use poly 1.25 and get threaded fittings that go from your pump to barbed fittings you slip the poly over. Or hardline PVC and T off of that to your drip so you lose the least amount of Water pressure. If you loosely sketch out what you are trying to do and take it to a normac or pro irrigation supply store they can usually map it out for you down to every fitting and show you how to do it.

it's simple and basic horticultural stuff. 3 plants growing vertical which will get huge, planted so close will shadow each other. you would need to remove all branches that grow inside each other to get proper light penetration. and that's many branches. I think we agree here.

when you train each plant, tie it down so all the branches grow vertical and then you spread the branches evenly across the net, you get much, much better light penetration and you don't have to remove so many branches. in fact those 3 plants would spread the branches evenly by them selves and look like one plant. basicly every branch becomes main stalk and every branch gets the same light. also you get lower canopy which improves light penetration even further.

cheers.

Dude has like 14hrs direct sun. They'll fill out just fine, And you could tie that shit anyway you want, you're still going to have to middle them out anyway. Just my 2 cents...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

Afkansastan x Snow Lotus

really tight internode spacing on this plant, must be the Afkansastan influence

Z3onxqkl.jpg

9R4Qortl.jpg

reppin2c

Veteran

cheers.

Its simple really just take that ten foot plant and SCROG it. Basic horticultural stuff duh. Get some knee pads cuz you gonna have to crawl under like 15 linear feet of screen to water.

jd123

shcrews : Either one of those sizes work fine.

reppin : That is exactly what I mean. I thin very heavily, Tie branches and manipulate some but scroging 7-10 lb plants is not relative.