What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The plants are blowing up, i think they look 2x bigger than yesterday. Nice to have all healthy plants . I think i made good choices with soil and genetics. 14hrs of direct central cali sunlight doesnt hurt either!

I will post pictures later if i wake up before sunset, i was up all night watering. Daytime is hot now

jd123

Shcrews you get intimidated by mechanical stuff huh man? Its funny how I'm sure you have your strengths where your not afraid to speak, when you know what your talking about...but when you dont know something, you dont pretend like you do. Thats a good quality for a person to have.

I have one worker who if he fucks something up, walks right up to me and says exactly what happened.
Then I have another who tries to fix or cover up any mistake he makes without telling me and I hate that shit.

You gotta get that drip sorted out asap! Plants look great bro.

oti$

Wayne 1hp pump 126$ shipped. Amazon, solid unit esp for the $. I believe they have a 3hp for another 100 or so $. You are gonna be stoked on all that bodhi gear come harvey:D

N

NewAgeGenetics

its not possible to raise kids with amazon money. people are not quitting the job before death or to transition into having kids . same issues as growing for sales or earning a living from sales. each new sale is placebo love .
meth berry alert!

epicorchard

That tank setup looks complicated, no way i could make that

I was thinkin 100+ft of tubing per pot, i think thats what epic is doing and it looks legit. I still need to get all the drip /water supplies so im tryin to figure it out. Spent 10 hours watering last night. Fun .

Oh man you need a better pump. 10hrs? Gravity fed, At 80 psi it takes us 1.5 hrs to water 2500 gallons with two hoses. I'm using 130' of drip per pot.

epicorchard

start a company allready . thats infront of homedepot text not in the store text which makes it accurate and reliable.

Yup, I have a couple already. I'll check with the feds to see if I can get any kick backs for hiring the mentally ill. Think you, or any of your other personalities, would like a job?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
My pops got a Simer 1/6 hp. 900 gallons per hour from Friedman Bros. under a 100 bucks. she seems to be working good, knock on wood...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Shcrews you get intimidated by mechanical stuff huh man? Its funny how I'm sure you have your strengths where your not afraid to speak, when you know what your talking about...but when you dont know something, you dont pretend like you do. Thats a good quality for a person to have.
im not intimidated, just dont know much about mechanical and construction stuff. . I learn best when somebody shows me how to do something and nobody ever really taught me about building/making things.

Oh man you need a better pump. 10hrs? Gravity fed, At 80 psi it takes us 1.5 hrs to water 2500 gallons with two hoses. I'm using 130' of drip per pot.

actually i dont think my pump is the problem. I Have a few yellow mondi pumps rated at 1585 gph, but when i attach a regular garden hose i only get 300 or so . I prob need a thicker tubing or somethin, but i'm not sure what to get. looks like it has 1.5" fitting
C100-Mondi-Utility-Sump-Pump-1585x-Gold-Series.png

i just found a taco truck here in the mountains that has some pretty fucking decent Al pastor. just got 6 tacos and im pretty stoked, i missed mexican food

Lester Moore

Veteran
I am going out on a limb here. love this guy! but these are just words, typed, contained. and try not to trip and spill your seeds.
-Shcrews, thank you for the thread, makes the hot months much more enjoyable, watching you kill it!

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The plants are blowing up, i think they look 2x bigger than yesterday. Nice to have all healthy plants . I think i made good choices with soil and genetics. 14hrs of direct central cali sunlight doesnt hurt either!

I will post pictures later if i wake up before sunset, i was up all night watering. Daytime is hot now

14 hours, that's pretty good! What's the most you can get? The fog ever come in over there? Some Santa Cruz area grower was telling me the fog gave him hell...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
14 hours, that's pretty good! What's the most you can get?
5:38 AM: Sunrise
8:22 PM: Sunset

The fog ever come in over there? Some Santa Cruz area grower was telling me the fog gave him hell...
no fog here. the foothills are very dry in the summer, humidity today is 15%

Santa Cruz is a nightmare for outdoor growing, the fog doesn't burn off until noon in most parts of the county, unless you are high in the mountains. Also the sun is not very intense, Plants that get 10lbs where i am now, only would be 3-6lbs in santa cruz. Also botrytis is a huge problem, its common to lose up to 25% of your harvest to mold.

reason there is so many growers in santa cruz is not the climate, it's the culture.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Shcrews, GPH isn't GPH. Head pressure / lift will dramatically affect performance.

Most submersible pumps have pretty crappy head pressure.

the plants are on a hill below the pump/res so there is no lift. I think i am killing the GPH by connecting a garden hose to that pump. Any idea what kind of tubing/hose i could hook up to the big 1.25" opening?

Your electrical is either messed up or the pump is bunk. I have that exact pump that someone gave me this year...its never worked

It doesn't lift out of the res at all? You can get way more than 300 gph out of 1.5"

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Your electrical is either messed up or the pump is bunk. I have that exact pump that someone gave me this year...its never worked

It doesn't lift out of the res at all? You can get way more than 300 gph out of 1.5"
the pump is fine, and actually i think its 1.25" but thats my point im not using that big opening i have it reduced down to a garden hose. idk what kind of hose connects to the big outlet. i hope i'm making sense

If you want max GPH, obviously run a rigid 1.25" line down most of the way, and maybe split off into 3-4 hose outlets, so you can water either 1 pot more quickly or multiple pots at once. Or water with a flexible 1"-1.25" hose. Might have issues eroding surface without a diffuser.
its not so obvious to some of us :) Anyway thanks, thats a good call. Any ideas for a single big diffuser like that, or would i be better off splitting into multiple garden hoses/watering wands? my friends water with two hoses at once, seems like it goes pretty quick

man i cant wait to get my drip set up so i only have to handwater if i feel like it

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
One plant per pot next year
i already told ya, thats the plan. I put 3 plants per pot because to make sure of a big harvest, but now they are blowing up and i kind of wish i just put one plant per pot. triples are going to make it hard to put up nets/cages properly. Oh well, at least i will get that yield! haha

get a gas powered honda pump and thank me later. they are life savers .
yah that's what i want. byf said that too. i will order one this week.

redlaser

Veteran
If it's 1 1/2 inch you need a connector of the same size and then you could add 1 1/2 black poly pipe or 1.25 or 1 inch pipe would work. You want to use the largest pipe you can for most of your run because it will give the most pressure.

Latest posts

Latest posts