What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you add dolomite pH would go up and lock a bunch of stuff out. You have to address the root cause...too much K. H2SO4 in small doses over time will leach the K out

what about epsom salt? thanks...would h2so4 in act kill the beneficials

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
but with those awfully low Ca numbers you run the risk of building up the plant's cell walls with almost nothing but potassium and when that happens instead of being constructed strongly of Ca... well, you're cruising for a bruising right about the time "early flower" hits

I've found that cannabis can't stop itself from gorging on potassium if it's right there for the taking. I'd much rather be in the reverse situation where my calcium game is top notch, but was having to supplement the potassium through foliars... much easier that way IMO.
hey just want to clarify, so since the soil is low in soluble ca/mg, i can correct this via foliar and how many applications should i do per week? also i need a mental refresh, should i be using more calcium nitrate or calcium carbonate? i forgot the specific differences between using something like cal25 or using a bottled nutrient like cal boron or any of the calmags that many nutrient companies offer. I'm on a pretty tight budget and dont want to have to buy any AEA stuff when i have gallons upon gallons of other calmag nutrients already in the arsenal.

milkyjoe

Veteran
what about epsom salt? thanks...would h2so4 in act kill the beneficials

You can spray epsom. Couple of grams per gallon. Photomag contains some other stuff to convert nitrate to protein.

Yes h2so4 is harsh on microbes. But small amounts at a time is gonna be a net gain

Machine_Gun

Love the pictures and video. Everything is looking great! I went to Kind Peoples yesterday and got some goji og, if that is what you grew I'm blown away.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Thought of getting a cistern tank or at least an above ground pool? You could fill it overnight while you're sleeping, and water with a faster, higher pressure pump. Or better yet, a drip system.
yes a drip system is happening soon, maybe next week. just need to order the tubing and pump, and get a tank delivered. im sure there will be some things i need to figure out re: fittings and connections, but it seems pretty simple.

if i were to handwater for the rest of the season it would take about 350 hours total. My estimated cost for the drip system is about $3500. So i either spend 350 hours or $3500. The choice is easy.

plus handwatering would be a total pain once the plants get big and fill up the pots, then you have to sneak the watering wand thru/under a wall of buds

Love the pictures and video. Everything is looking great! I went to Kind Peoples yesterday and got some goji og, if that is what you grew I'm blown away.
thanks, glad you like the pictures. and no i havent given anything to Kindpeoples for a couple months. last thing they took from me was some pure kush. They usually have at least a few bodhi strains in flower form though, and its always fire

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Dream Beaver:
V1oQhGFl.jpg

Afkansastan x Snow Lotus:
4pAQL5Yl.jpg

Ancient OG:
YR1zowZl.jpg

epicorchard

i just get a 5gal bucket and see how long it takes to fill it with my hose. 4-5 gpm depending how far down the hillside i am.

not a bad idea for the drip lines tho

One of my guys programmed an app that plays your music and beeps a short beep when you need to start watering a pot and stop watering a pot also allowing for 5 seconds between the pot. The best part is you calibrate the app by filling a five gallon bucket, clicking start and stop when the bucket is full. FuckING genius. There's a few other rad aspects, but I can't be giving away alol his tricks.

One of my guys programmed an app that plays your music and beeps a short beep when you need to start watering a pot and stop watering a pot also allowing for 5 seconds between the pot. The best part is you calibrate the app by filling a five gallon bucket, clicking start and stop when the bucket is full. FuckING genius. There's a few other rad aspects, but I can't be giving away alol his tricks.

Awesome.

I need that app! I currently play a number / memory game that I made up with headphones on. I've been dreaming of this exact thing for a couple years now.

Hey organicdisciple, I don't think that's comfrey in his pot, is it?

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'm just wondering, do you need a proper business license to run an ice cream truck, or can any old Chester The Molester with a 1975 GMC cargo van (white, rusty) operate such a business?
depends where you are. in china you could do it.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I'm just wondering, do you need a proper business license to run an ice cream truck, or can any old Chester The Molester with a 1975 GMC cargo van (white, rusty) operate such a business?

If you even want to run an icecream truck I want to shoot you dead. The only business with a higher % of pedophiles is the catholic church

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
We just recently started using 5 or 6 inch cages. always used bamboo before for support. I was wondering about the rust? we have dew in the a.m. and it leaches onto branches, leafs, bud sites. should it be something to worry about?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
We just recently started using 5 or 6 inch cages. always used bamboo before for support. I was wondering about the rust? we have dew in the a.m. and it leaches onto branches, leafs, bud sites. should it be something to worry about?

the rust is not a problem.