What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

jd123

Yeah he was a douche sometimes, yeah hes sarcastic a lot, yeah he trolls hard as fuck...BUT he was really useful and helpful.

Epic, me, shcrews and other guys that grow big plants and know how to do so quite well, would still ask him for advice/suggestions. He understands the intricacies of growing monsters.

No more tom, butte, humboldtlocal, fillthepotmore...BYF. All either vanished or banned.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Maybe mendo-local got it wrong and IC mods are Jewish?

If so, does this necessarily make Backyard Farmer a Nazi?

Or maybe gay Nazi's running this site...?

Interesting!

Let's discuss this in great lengthy detail...

haha no more joking around because BYF isn't here to defend himself…to clarify he's not really "anti jewish" just against the treatment of gaza. this is pretty much the new OD thread thought we could rib each other a little bit but apparently this subject is too controversial…

so anyways i got some vermifire/nortechgold compost 50/50 tested and these were the results. not really happy about the low sol ca/mag and why the heck is chloride so high?
picture.php

milkyjoe

Veteran
Your pH has gotta be high. That soil is overloaded with base cations.

Do you know if it is over say 7.5? Do you know how much...the %...of organic matter?

You might can ride it out with foliar sprays of micros and P if you have enough organic matter. Otherwise you need sulfate to leach some mg and k out

Edit...btw there is a huge diff between hating jews and hating jewish policy toward gaza. Too subtle for idiots to understand but a huge diff to intelligent people

Edit dos...chloride filled the anion void left by sulfate. When one anion is low another will be high

milkyjoe

Veteran
Even more subtle...you will not be able to totally fix the low soluble ca and mg because of the super high K. So get ready spray photomag and some kind of Ca.

Is it too late to add gypsum?

HillBilly1

Veteran
I don't care if your white , black , red , brown, Jew , Christian
Muslim , Polish or Portuguese.

But there's only 5 or 6 guys that can grow big plants
Hahahahaha

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the 50/50 tested at 7.6ph you were right on the money! the straight vermifire tested at 6.6 but still had same low ca/mg and too high base saturation of potassium. fwiw i didn't actually mix down the pots with the 50/50 blend i just mixed some up watered let it sit and got it tested to see what it would be like. the compost has mostly been used as a living mulch top dress, the pots themselves are just vermifire. had to scrape this grow together last second and didn't have time to do things the ideal way.

thanks for the tips, time to get some sulfate.

redlaser

Veteran
BYF provided legitimate BB translation services for those in need. The resulting void will need to be filled by others, perhaps less experienced.

Probably gonna get another time out for the mention

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea got 50 400s with 100% vermifire no amendments…wish i had more time to tweak things but time is working against me this season.